IGNORED

Boxed Air Raid Sells For $500

pangasinan

Well, an interesting read and I needed a good laugh today.

It's amazing that someone would go through all of this trouble when that time could be used for something actually productive. I am not sure what drives people to do this.

Interesting how badly worded those early emails to Al were, and then how the writing completely changed once he/she started with threats if legal action. I doubt the seller wrote those. Maybe another scammer in on it or the seller took the blue instead of the red pills... who knows.

Those games look completely different to me. I just watched videos of them and Space Jockey is a horizontal game and Air Raid is a Vertical game. Air Raid reminds me more of Space Invaders.

Well Air raid steals the sprite data and sound effects from Space jockey... But the physics are totally different. Gameplay is nothing alike. :)

I'm glad Pat picked this story up. It appears that Rosa had found out and is even in the comments already, going as Kabuki Kitsune. Lol

Just to be clear so that no one gets accidentally dragged through the mud, Kabuki Kitsune was just quoting from the latest auction update. That's definitely not Rosa.

• Like 2

What did Backin89 do? I see posts about them being mentioned a lot.

Welcome to AtariAge. :) There was an old thread where a guy by the handle Backin89 begged for money publicly on the forums so he could buy a Hello Kitty bike for his daughter or some other BS. Some forum members offered to help him out but no sooner did he beg for more. Typical scam artist. The original thread went south quick some time before I joined here. I have read it and it's good for a laugh or two but don't have a link handy.

EDIT:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/174216-need-donations-to-help-a-poor-dude/

Well Rosa has no items up for sale. I wonder if Ebay intervened.

There are still a bunch of cars and a golden C64 in her sold listings so it appears the Air Raid was the only one taken down, by her, not eBay because the link was still up last I checked.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/atari-2600-AIR-RAID-GAME-CARTRIDGE-IN-BOX-/111818790477

Hello Folkes, a new member and atari fan here. I've been following this thread with interest and a few giggles. I decided to take a closer look at our 'rogue trader' on ebay looking at his/her (I'm not sure now what gender it is) feedback rating. I did laugh hard when I saw the sponsored links. Especially because other than viewing this thread my internet history/trail will show no interest what so ever in plumbing parts. Clearly Ebay has a sense of humour.

pipe.png

• Like 7

Welcome to AtariAge. :) There was an old thread where a guy by the handle Backin89 begged for money publicly on the forums so he could buy a Hello Kitty bike for his daughter or some other BS. Some forum members offered to help him out but no sooner did he beg for more. Typical scam artist. The original thread went south quick some time before I joined here. I have read it and it's good for a laugh or two but don't have a link handy.

EDIT:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/174216-need-donations-to-help-a-poor-dude/

Thanks. :) And thanks for info. I came here because Pat the Nes Punk mentioned the Air Raid scam and I decided to check it out. I had an Atari 2600 as a kid. They were the first video games I ever played. Edited by Moeror
  • Like 1

Hello Folkes, a new member and atari fan here. I've been following this thread with interest and a few giggles. I decided to take a closer look at our 'rogue trader' on ebay looking at his/her (I'm not sure now what gender it is) feedback rating. I did laugh hard when I saw the sponsored links. Especially because other than viewing this thread my internet history/trail will show no interest what so ever in plumbing parts. Clearly Ebay has a sense of humour.

pipe.png

ebay is skynet confirmed

pipe.png

People probably viewed the auction after seeing Pat's video and then searched for PVC Plumbing parts. Enough people viewed the auction and also viewed plumbing parts that they made it into recommended searches. Still hilareous either way. Thanks for sharing! :D