IGNORED

Boxed Air Raid Sells For $500

pangasinan

Poor Rosa can't even get her lies right,in the description she says that its her dead Father in laws game and in the Q & A she says her father... poor Rosa must of lost both of them .

Not sure what your angle is, but there's nothing funny about a person's family member passing away.

The issue is not that her dad passed away or had an Atari collection, but Rosa's refusal to admit the Air raid is fake and listing it as genuine to dupe prospective buyers. One of our very own recently got conned out of $700 on a fake Red Sea Crossing repro so it happens, and it makes me a sad panda when collectors get duped. :sad:

Not sure what your angle is, but there's nothing funny about a person's family member passing away.

The issue is not that her dad passed away or had an Atari collection, but Rosa's refusal to admit the Air raid is fake and listing it as genuine to dupe prospective buyers. One of our very own recently got conned out of $700 on a fake Red Sea Crossing repro so it happens, and it makes me a sad panda when collectors get duped. :sad:

No angle.

Edited by pangasinan
  • Like 1

I think pangasinan was pointing out the discrepancy that a father in law who has died is completely different than a father. I don't think any bad was intended just pointing out what could be more stories.

Okies. I'm not questioning whether the seller had a father / inlaw who passed away or not, just that losing a family member is never a good thing.

If someone wanted to make cute little blue PVC T-handled repro carts to sell on Etsy for $50 a pop, I wouldn't have a problem with it.

But someone goes on ebay selling them as legit carts, that is douchebaggery.

• Like 1

Sadly shady deals like this happen more often than you think.

Newb collector does Google search "rarest game for console X" then searches eBay for similar items.

"Ooh, this game normally goes for $5000, but here's one currently selling at $400; what a steal! Gotta snipe this before it gets away!"

Joins forum to brag about the deal of a lifetime only find out he/she's been conned... :facepalm:

Over $400 now.

And new text added to the item description. At this point anyone bidding on this is a fool. The seller is basically saying the authenticity is highly questionable - it might be a reproduction etc - which of course we all know it is undeniably totally fake. But honestly anyone who bids on this now after reading the text in the description and not doing any further research, deserves what they get IMO

Still over 7 days left so still got time to get eBay to see that it is a fake and pull it.

How about those who emailed the seller and got response that seller "sold" it to someone by cancelling eBay to avoid fee? If it's in eBay message, I'm sure eBay can read them if you call about it and throw a hammer at the seller for skipping out on at least $50 in fee.

Honestly I don't think anyone has bought a thing from this guy. A fellow collector friend of mine was told (regarding this second item) that it was sold for $1000 and picked up - that was after the listing on ebay was ended.. So far he claims to have sold the first for $500 and the second for $1000, although the latter is quite obviously still available.

I think the seller is just a compulsive liar trying to flog something a. He made himself, or b. Happened to come into his possession.

No angle,I don't believe that any of her family passed away.

Its just part of her\his con to rip someone off,this is obvious what is happening as at first she said her father in law ,then her father,cant get her story straight.

This is what con artists do,they try to get the sympathy of the victim.

It's a classic scammer tactic. It's all about plausible deniability. "I got this item from so-and-so after he passed away. I don't don't know what it is and since the original owner is dead, I can't ask him about it. Research tells me it's X and it's worth Y, but I don't know, so I'll make you a deal and sell it for a fraction of that."

Then yes, there's the sympathy angle, which is icing on the cake. But it's really about precluding the possibility that the scammer's claims of authenticity (whether explicit or implied) could be denied. "The original owner's dead, so we'll never really know." Sometimes that blows up when it turns out there are a lot of people who know better. Rosie here is still trying to maintain the facade.

Early update i just got off the phone with ebay's fraud department..... I reported all current & previous listings seller au2014_mont & stjames retail. He told me they were going to send this to their higher ups & possible outcomes include suspension of account or outright termination. So we will see what happens. I asked for him to let me know what the outcome is but they said they can't do that. I also said that i was just trying to keep ebay safer for unsuspecting buyers thinking they had a rare game example red sea crossing original sells for 10K but novice buyers are paying 1k thinking they got a deal. I told him there were only 2 real copies of red sea crossing ever found & 2 boxed copies of air raid found. I also told him the sellers should have reproduction in their ebay titles & he agreed.

• Like 6

Early update i just got off the phone with ebay's fraud department..... I reported all current & previous listings seller au2014_mont & stjames retail. He told me they were going to send this to their higher ups & possible outcomes include suspension of account or outright termination. So we will see what happens. I asked for him to let me know what the outcome is but they said they can't do that. I also said that i was just trying to keep ebay safer for unsuspecting buyers thinking they had a rare game example red sea crossing original sells for 10K but novice buyers are paying 1k thinking they got a deal. I told him there were only 2 real copies of red sea crossing ever found & 2 boxed copies of air raid found. I also told him the sellers should have reproduction in their ebay titles & he agreed.

Yeah just look at this sad story here, also from an Austrailian seller:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/245375-atari-2600-red-sea-crossing-real-or-fake/

People are getting taken to the cleaners but they don't even know it. :_(

I looked up sold listings from this seller on eBay. A golden Commodore keyboard sold for some moolah and several cars.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Commodore-64-Goldene-edition-display-computer-from-the-80s-/111810186109?hash=item1a08680b7d:g:DmQAAOSwo0JWL3su

So bidding went up to $2550 AUD yet it got relisted. Something fishy going on. I'm no expert on vintage keyboards, but that's a lot of money for something that all we know could have been spray painted.

Yeah just look at this sad story here, also from an Austrailian seller:

http://atariage.com/forums/topic/245375-atari-2600-red-sea-crossing-real-or-fake/

People are getting taken to the cleaners but they don't even know it. :_(

I looked up sold listings from this seller on eBay. A golden Commodore keyboard sold for some moolah and several cars.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Commodore-64-Goldene-edition-display-computer-from-the-80s-/111810186109?hash=item1a08680b7d:g:DmQAAOSwo0JWL3su

So bidding went up to $2550 AUD yet it got relisted. Something fishy going on. I'm no expert on vintage keyboards, but that's a lot of money for something that all we know could have been spray painted.

She didn't want to be paid via PayPal so she cancelled the sale, thus breaking the contract. Her feedback has one negative as a seller saying something shifty going on as she wouldn't honor a deal. Then when you look at her feedback as a buyer, two of the sellers had issues with her. One was about her refusing to pay via PayPal.

Man oh man!

I have never seen an entire web site trashed in an Ebay ad, like this

On 10-Nov-15 at 23:18:22 AEDST, seller added the following information:

I AM ADDRESSING THIS TO THE ADMINISTRATOR OF THE ATARI AGE FORUMS

1.. Just to clear up any discrepencies , The item in question Belongs To My late Father, The advert was written up by my Husband and that's who wrote Father-in-law.

2...The smaller case writing ammendments were made by me.

3...The Item Belonged to my Late Father, We are not familiar with his collection and don't know it's true value. We have put it on ebay, Listed it correctly, Never mentioned the word Authentic nor we are saying it is. We have had some positive response from members telling us its authentic, We are not listing it as such because we don't have enough proof. We will let the market determine this.

4...We are in the Process of talking to Cash Convertors and also obtaining an AFA Rating through a software house or a comic shop . We will also try EB Games.

5.. We feel that we have been wrongly accused of scamming or misrepresting the item. We are open for anyone to come and view the item at any time during the day or early evening.

6.. We also have notified Ebay That Members of the Atari Age forum , are trying to shut down our auction. This I could understand and also accept if all the allegations were true, Our advert clearly states its description correctly. This product as mentioned was my fathers , And how its advertised is correct, Its an Air Raid Game. Because we don't know of it origins its been advertised AS IS..... So all I ask is people to keep their opinions to themselves and if you have any questions please email us .

IF Atari Age Continues with the Slander I will make sure appropriate action will be taken to have it stopped . I feel that I have been attacked and accused and disrespect to my late father, ANY FURTHERS COMMENTS SHOULD BE REFRAINED THANKYOU

On 11-Nov-15 at 02:12:29 AEDST, seller

Hmmm he throws around the word slander a lot but I don't think he knows what it means. It is slander only if we knowingly made false statement against him. But everything I've seen so far shows that he is either a bad liar trying to pass counterfeit trash or he is a clueless idiot for selling his father's counterfeit item.

Such slanderous claim won't hold up in court if he tries to get involved. He'd need to prove that Air Raid he is selling is 100% genuine.

more like 4 or 5 if Terry boxed one is not one of the 4 out there..

Rick

I see,

I know of the two wonder007 had that both passed through ebay, also heard rumors a third one. Figured you, marco, wonder had the three boxes & only complete copy but did not know there were two more possibly. Anyway congrats on owning a super duper rare historical box. I figured lochjaw & music machine are probably close to the air raid box count as well

Man oh man!

1.. Just to clear up any discrepencies , The item in question Belongs To My late Father, The advert was written up by my Husband and that's who wrote Father-in-law.

3...The Item Belonged to my Late Father, We are not familiar with his collection and don't know it's true value. We have put it on ebay, Listed it correctly, Never mentioned the word Authentic nor we are saying it is. We have had some positive response from members telling us its authentic, We are not listing it as such because we don't have enough proof. We will let the market determine this.

4...We are in the Process of talking to Cash Convertors and also obtaining an AFA Rating through a software house or a comic shop . We will also try EB Games.

5.. We feel that we have been wrongly accused of scamming or misrepresting the item. We are open for anyone to come and view the item at any time during the day or early evening.

6.. We also have notified Ebay That Members of the Atari Age forum , are trying to shut down our auction. This I could understand and also accept if all the allegations were true, Our advert clearly states its description correctly. This product as mentioned was my fathers , And how its advertised is correct, Its an Air Raid Game. Because we don't know of it origins its been advertised AS IS..... So all I ask is people to keep their opinions to themselves and if you have any questions please email us .

IF Atari Age Continues with the Slander I will make sure appropriate action will be taken to have it stopped . I feel that I have been attacked and accused and disrespect to my late father, ANY FURTHERS COMMENTS SHOULD BE REFRAINED THANKYOU

Wow. LOL. Generally when one man (or woman) goes up against an entire army, it does not bode well for the individual. :ponder:

It's

Man oh man!

It's still fake
  • Like 5