IGNORED

The 7800GD (New 7800 Flash Cartridge?)

SainT

Do you really want one?  

166 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in buying a 7800 SD cart (expected price around £60-£70)?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

24 minutes ago, Mitch said:

Mine arrived today from AtariAge. I had a little bit of trouble getting the micro SD card to seat but I finally got it working. Otherwise working great.

Mitch

Yeah, me too. At first I thought I put the card in the wrong way. But turned out I just really needed to shove it in there lol

Edited by KrunchyTC
  • Like 2

Well, this is delightful. USPS says mine was "Delivered" to our front door this evening but although my wife had several things, my 7800GD was not among them. WTF am I supposed to do now? Damn it, we have the WORST postal carriers lately! 

• Sad 6

I was able to nab one from SAG within the first couple minutes of being on sale, even with priority shipping, but I don't even think mine has shipped yet. :(

EDIT: Nevermind, apparently they "oversold" and somehow I wasn't fast enough, which doesn't make sense considering I ordered it literally the 1st minute. Guess I'm waiting on a 2nd batch. 😡

Edited by SiLic0ne t0aD
  • Sad 4

38 minutes ago, DrVenkman said:

Well, this is delightful. USPS says mine was "Delivered" to our front door this evening but although my wife had several things, my 7800GD was not among them. WTF am I supposed to do now? Damn it, we have the WORST postal carriers lately! 

Damn, Really hope yours didn't get lost! Maybe contact the post office?

52 minutes ago, DrVenkman said:

:ponder: 🤞

Outside chance it was thrown into the mailbox instead (?)

17 minutes ago, Trebor said:

:ponder: 🤞

Outside chance it was thrown into the mailbox instead (?)

Nope. We checked. Also checked the next door and cross-the-street neighbors' porches, the yard, the side door .... Not the first time something has been marked "delivered" and wasn't around here. 

Needless to say, I am going to raise hell with the Postmaster if it doesn't mysteriously appear with Monday's mail. But big deal - I'll still be out $250 and the time until the next run arrives at retail. Although I will certainly choose something other than USPS the next time.

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, DrVenkman said:

Nope. We checked. Also checked the next door and cross-the-street neighbors' porches, the yard, the side door .... Not the first time something has been marked "delivered" and wasn't around here. 

Needless to say, I am going to raise hell with the Postmaster if it doesn't mysteriously appear with Monday's mail. But big deal - I'll still be out $250 and the time until the next run arrives at retail. Although I will certainly choose something other than USPS the next time.

That's awful.   Hopefully it ended up at someone's house that will return it (after going "WTF is this?").  Also hopefully Al or SAG have kept a couple spares in case of this happening.

A while back my wife got a package 2 months after assuming it was long gone. It was delivered to some random office building 10 miles away, they finally called her.

Years ago one of the local post offices arrested several employees, they were taking people's Netflix DVDs, ripping them, then returning them.  A friend of mine would frequently not get a disc, but it would magically be marked returned in his queue.  Never happened to me, but we got our mail from the same PO.

I was kind of concerned that while SAG has neat custom packaging, it might encourage theft vs. sending just plain boxes.

3 hours ago, KrunchyTC said:

Yeah, me too. At first I thought I put the card in the wrong way. But turned out I just really needed to shove it in there lol

Me too, I also used a small screwdriver to push the micro-sd card in.  It's offset just enough that just using my fingernail isn't quite enough to push it in.  Slightly inconvenient but not that big of a deal.  

• Like 1

Mine arrived today. Unhooked SVIDEO to my XRGB mini and connected the RGB scart cable to it and oh my goodness. Finally, accurate colors with the best picture I've ever seen out of the 7800. @SainT thank you for doing this! It was well worth the wait.  And a thank you to @StoneAgeGamer not only for the fast shipping but for the great label on the cart. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DrVenkman said:

I feared this today as it has happened to me before. The bastards never scanned the package when they placed in the mailbox who knows when. I was relieved when around 5:30 pm I decided to check and it was there. The mail is always early on Saturdays. You may very well see it on Monday as that's what usually happens to me when something isn't delivered on Saturday. Hope you get it! 

So I’m having a very minor issue with one specific game, but it makes me think I should be using the RGB on the cart instead of my AV mod. On the other hand Reaperman said in a comment you can buy two caps to fix this… if he’s talking about the same issue… but I don’t know which two to buy or put where? Anyway here’s an unlisted video showing the issue. 

1 hour ago, MegaManFan said:

So I’m having a very minor issue with one specific game, but it makes me think I should be using the RGB on the cart instead of my AV mod. On the other hand Reaperman said in a comment you can buy two caps to fix this… if he’s talking about the same issue… but I don’t know which two to buy or put where? Anyway here’s an unlisted video showing the issue. 

I'm pretty sure that when I worked with Phil over the phone that he redid your audio in the manner I've always done and still do to this day to correct for your low Pokey output with Rikki and Vikki? I'm not sure the issue you are showing is the same issue that is related to the audio stuff that Reaperman and SainT was talking about.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, KrunchyTC said:

image.thumb.jpeg.b1704fb32ca8bd73884e44dbcb35c7b1.jpegIMG_20230729_232953900.thumb.jpg.303d10499081d08caf79130b84261abd.jpg

RF vs Component

Night and day difference!

A lot of the color for that section of the game leverages Hue 1 ($12, $1A).

As a result, same scenario mentioned in the other thread, and there will indeed be a night and day difference.

The component output appears very bright in that image. 

While it does appear similar to the brightest, most saturated of the palettes posted, it is still a bit over the top (it could be the capture though):

image.thumb.png.fbd785567d1150215b23914812601798.png

Here is similar to that RF image, colors under an LCD, capture:

image.thumb.png.aa033d44c6f94691eb252909bdca741c.png

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

I'm pretty sure that when I worked with Phil over the phone that he redid your audio in the manner I've always done and still do to this day to correct for your low Pokey output with Rikki and Vikki? I'm not sure the issue you are showing is the same issue that is related to the audio stuff that Reaperman and SainT was talking about.

Ah! That makes sense. So I have no idea what causes the issue with this specific game. It's the only one it happens on. I did try using the RGB out on the cart with a Genesis model two AV cable to see if that helped... but I got no picture at ALL (jumpy or otherwise) so I went back to using the AV mod.

24 minutes ago, Trebor said:

A lot of the color for that section of the game leverages Hue 1 ($12, $1A).

As a result, same scenario mentioned in the other thread, there will indeed by a night and day difference.

Though outside of the gold-brown/green, the component output appears very bright in that image.  It does appear similar to the brightest most saturated of the palettes posted, but it is still a bit over the top (it could be the capture though):

image.thumb.png.fbd785567d1150215b23914812601798.png

Here is similar to that RF image under an LCD capture:

image.thumb.png.6e799961a26a050a1d53584e3a640c75.png

Yeah, thats why I thought everything looked SUPER bright, but turning down the brightness on the TV does the trick!

• Like 1

I will say that using my custom "arcade style" 7800 controller the button presses in the menu are very sensitive. Any chance that can be tweaked slightly. I keep double clicking when I only want to single click.

Mitch

• Like 2

4 hours ago, MegaManFan said:

Turn break off! There is a big warning box that comes up when you start the game saying the game has issues with break.

https://forums.atariage.com/topic/353142-games-not-running-screen-glitching-why/

• Like 3

2 hours ago, MegaManFan said:

Ah! That makes sense. So I have no idea what causes the issue with this specific game. It's the only one it happens on. I did try using the RGB out on the cart with a Genesis model two AV cable to see if that helped... but I got no picture at ALL (jumpy or otherwise) so I went back to using the AV mod.

It’s not related in this case, it’s just the break feature. Not many games have issues, but ms Pac-Man and all the hacks do! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mitch said:

I will say that using my custom "arcade style" 7800 controller the button presses in the menu are very sensitive. Any chance that can be tweaked slightly. I keep double clicking when I only want to single click.

Mitch

That usually means the controller contacts are dirty and you’re getting multiple connect / disconnect signals sent rapidly to the console. I don’t think I’m denouncing in the controller code, so I could certainly add this.