IGNORED

The 7800GD (New 7800 Flash Cartridge?)

SainT

Do you really want one?  

166 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in buying a 7800 SD cart (expected price around £60-£70)?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

2 minutes ago, MegaManFan said:

Mine was the basic edition. I just pulled the trigger without clicking on any of the options to speedrun it. I was already logged in and had my CC handy just in case I had to re-confirm anything during checkout. Happily I did not. :D

I was logged in too, but I did take 3 seconds to add the controller adapter, an 8GB card (always good to grab a spare) and the HD Retrovision cables to connect to my Toshiba gaming CRT. I checked out with PayPal which added some processing delay, but I know from experience that for most web storefront software, if you have an item in the cart, it will be held pending approval/disapproval of the payment options so I wasn’t too worried. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, KrunchyTC said:

You can try here at Atari Age then ;)

I clocked the sell out at 6 minutes lol

I've been checking the web site almost hourly for the last week, and saw the email from them at about 12:06 today by chance.  I was just a few minutes too late! ;) 

From what I've heard via the grapevine, at least one person who got the Game Drive in Europe had a 7800 that was in a poor state to begin with (a voltage regulator that wasn't doing ANY regulating) which accounted for the display glitches. I've had my daily driver 7800 recapped and professionally serviced by Fix-It Phil and Ivory Tower (who provided technical support and talked us through a Rikki & Vikki issue) so I'm not worried about how the Game Drive will perform on mine!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, doug0909 said:

Thanks.

I have a framemeister... Has it been tested with one yet? Should the Genesis scart cable work with the 7800gd and framemeister? Would the c-sync (whatever that means) cable I got with an rgb modified SNES, which worked well with the Framemeister, work with this? 

What have people been saying about the display on hdtv's with component inputs using the retrovision cable? 

I'm not aware the framemeister has been tested yet, but an RGB Genesis2 SCART cable is the correct type of cable to use.

In general I don't think using direct inputs into modern TV's is likely to work very well, just going from my own experience. But it will entirely depend on your TV. I have seen some people are using RGB from the 7800GD on LCD TV's over SCART, so it can work. It's one of those YMMV situations. The best results (at a price, I know) will be through something like the RetroTink5x-Pro.

• Thanks 1

Just now, MrZarniwoop said:

It's in my cart, but this happened at 12:08pm as I paused to get a cup of coffee:

image.thumb.png.e91521f59fa2dc98893a612bb6960b88.png

I actually signed into PayPal ahead of time about 2 min before to make sure I didn't have to deal with something like the above. So for me it was adding the options I wanted, added to the cart and checkout.

• Like 1

Just now, MrZarniwoop said:

It's in my cart, but this happened at 12:08pm as I paused to get a cup of coffee:

image.thumb.png.e91521f59fa2dc98893a612bb6960b88.png

Was the payment processing while you went to get coffee? Because that’s what I meant - once the site software refers you to the payment processor (PayPal, credit card/ACH processor …) usually the item is allocated, then re-allocated back to stock if the processing is rejected or fails. At least the couple of storefront processors I’ve used myself do that.

Maybe SAG’s store does it differently?

3 minutes ago, SainT said:

This is a thing of nightmares for me! 😆

To be more specific this 7800 was brought up in the support section. Turns out the VR on it wasn't bolted to the heatsink at all. So it was a wonder it wasn't crapping out more all the time. But I guess the small additional current draw from the 7800GD was enough to tip the scale on it. @juansolo can give details later but a new regulator is getting installed and some additional wiring tidiness to be applied to get that 7800 gamer back up and running.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, DrVenkman said:

Was the payment processing while you went to get coffee? Because that’s what I meant - once the site software refers you to the payment processor (PayPal, credit card/ACH processor …) usually the item is allocated, then re-allocated back to stock if the processing is rejected or fails. At least the couple of storefront processors I’ve used myself do that.

Maybe SAG’s store does it differently?

1. Added to cart. Continue to Checkout.

2. Typed in my credit card info. Checkout.

3. Above message popped up.

Now it shows above my cart. 

• Sad 1

Got the email alert and went on the web site where it became available shortly after noon EST.  When I saw the price ($300 CDN) it gave me pause; I'd love to have a cart like this, but significantly more than I was prepared to pay for it.  I'm sure the carts found alternate appreciative buyers.

Edited by AlwaysOnPlanetPatrol
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, AlwaysOnPlanetPatrol said:

Got the email alert and went on the web site where it became available shortly after noon EST.  When I saw the price ($300 CDN) it gave me pause; I'd love to have a cart like this, but significantly more than I was prepared to pay for it.  I'm sure the carts found alternate appreciative buyers.

There will be a Canadian retailer as well, I'm guessing the price may be better bought direct? I'm juggling what stock goes where in an effort to try an help people buy locally.

• Like 1

Order placed.  I was clicking buttons like a madman and realized I placed the order using a wrong address (my previous one!)  I've updated my account info.  @Albert I also recently placed an order for the Last Chance sale.  I know there is going to be a long wait on these.  Can you please confirm that you have my correct shipping address for that, and this 7800 GD order.  Sorry for this!

On 7/19/2023 at 1:01 PM, Tidus79001 said:

@SainT @Albert

Is the 7800 GD going to be sold in the AtariAge store?

On 7/19/2023 at 3:42 PM, SainT said:

Yep! :)

@Albert@SainT

I see that the 7800GD is available in the AtariAge store now. That being said I don't see in the product detail on the AtariAge listing that it includes a free digital copy of the Atari 7800 Homebrew title Rikki & Vikki as does the Stone Age Games.  Is the Rikki & Vikki digital ROM a Stone Age Gamer exclusive or is it also included with purchase of the 7800GD from the AtariAge store?  I do hope that it is included with the purchase from AtariAge since it is near impossible to get from Stone Age Gamer and in my opinion this bonus should be extended to anyone who purchases an 7800GD regardless of what what site is selling it.  For many people this digital ROM will be the only to get Rikki & Vikki and be able to play it on their Atari 7800 since the physical copies are long since sold and there only being the one production run on them.

1 minute ago, Tidus79001 said:

@Albert@SainT

I see that the 7800GD is available in the AtariAge store now. That being said I don't see in the product detail on the AtariAge listing that it includes a free digital copy of the Atari 7800 Homebrew title Rikki & Vikki as does the Stone Age Games.  Is the Rikki & Vikki digital ROM a Stone Age Gamer exclusive or is it also included with purchase of the 7800GD from the AtariAge store?  I do hope that it is included with the purchase from AtariAge since it is near impossible to get from Stone Age Gamer and in my opinion this bonus should be extended to anyone who purchases an 7800GD regardless of what what site is selling it.  For many people this digital ROM will be the only to get Rikki & Vikki and be able to play it on their Atari 7800 since the physical copies are long since sold and there only being the one production run on them.

No, Rikki & Vikki is not included with the 7800GD I am selling in the AtariAge Store.  That is something Stone Age Gamer likely worked out directly with the Rikki & Vikki developers.

..Al

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

15 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Order placed.  I was clicking buttons like a madman and realized I placed the order using a wrong address (my previous one!)  I've updated my account info.  @Albert I also recently placed an order for the Last Chance sale.  I know there is going to be a long wait on these.  Can you please confirm that you have my correct shipping address for that, and this 7800 GD order.  Sorry for this!

I have fixed your shipping address.

..Al

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Eagle said:

You can get Rikki from here

https://store.steampowered.com/app/893690/Rikki__Vikki/

then you need to convert with SainT tools

And remember, R&V goes on sale on Steam regularly too. I bought it for a whopping DOLLAR last year! (I also have a physical copy but still …) 

• Like 2

I bought Rikki & Vikki for Windows a long time ago to make my video walkthrough.  Can someone point me to SainT's tools for converting it?  I'm guessing it's the foxbox bin in the data folder of the Windows package?  What do I need to do to it?

I just ordered the GD7800 from Al  :)

Edited by gorfcadet

Just now, gorfcadet said:

I bought Rikki & Vikki for Windows a long time ago to make my video walkthrough.  Can someone point me to SainT's tools for converting it?  I'm guessing it's the foxbox bin in the data folder of the Windows package?  What do I need to do to it?

Here you go:

• Like 1