IGNORED

The 7800GD (New 7800 Flash Cartridge?)

SainT

Do you really want one?  

166 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in buying a 7800 SD cart (expected price around £60-£70)?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

I'd just like to say, I realise it's frustrating for everyone, and I do utterly empathise with this. All retailers will have their reasons for doing what they are doing, but I'm absolutely sure nothing is meant maliciously or is in any way underhanded. There is just no benefit for them to do this.

Unfortunately it's just the situation I am always in when I release a product, for a while demand will outstrip supply, and until the point initial demand is satisfied it will be frustrating waiting for stock to come in.

I would like to reiterate and reassure people that there will be regular restocking, but the batches may be smaller at first until I am absolutely sure I have done all I  can to ensure the best possible user experience. So please bear with me and be kind to the retailers! It's not their fault if they don't have stock, it's mine. And the only reason they don't have large volumes of stock right now is that I care that everyone has least trouble they can when using the 7800GD.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, doug0909 said:

Is there a reason to buy now and not after any possible kinks get worked out? 

Entirely down to you! Depends how quickly you want to be playing...

There are a couple of minor issues I'm resolving, but the most important issue to me is working around some of the bad practices which have been employed when doing composite and s-video mods.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, doug0909 said:

Is there a reason to buy now and not after any possible kinks get worked out? 

Not really. As @SainThas stated. He’s not going anywhere, so the usual FOMO shouldn’t apply here. I’m actually waiting, so I won’t be in todays SAG limited run. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, MegaManFan said:

Frankly I don't think it helps matters when cool people like The Immortal John Hancock put up videos showing off their Game Drive when the rest of us can't buy one for love or money.

YouTube reviewers need to be first on the scene to get the clicks.  I'm not sure how making his review video less relevent by waiting solves anything. 

But, I get your frustration in general with retro game hardware.  My struggles getting a Skunkboard and Mega SG come to mind.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Gemintronic said:

YouTube reviewers kinda need to be first on the scene to get the clicks.  I'm not sure how this solves anything by making his review video less relevant by waiting.

But, I get your frustration in general with retro game hardware.  My struggles getting a Skunkboard and Mega SG come to mind.

Oh yes. And how long are Analogue going to keep us waiting for those adapters for the Pocket? I swear I paid for them a full year ago. They make good stuff too but their turnaround time feels like watching the sand of my life's hourglass slowly trickle away.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, SainT said:

I'd just like to say, I realise it's frustrating for everyone, and I do utterly empathise with this. All retailers will have their reasons for doing what they are doing, but I'm absolutely sure nothing is meant maliciously or is in any way underhanded. There is just no benefit for them to do this.

Unfortunately it's just the situation I am always in when I release a product, for a while demand will outstrip supply, and until the point initial demand is satisfied it will be frustrating waiting for stock to come in.

I would like to reiterate and reassure people that there will be regular restocking, but the batches may be smaller at first until I am absolutely sure I have done all I  can to ensure the best possible user experience. So please bear with me and be kind to the retailers! It's not their fault if they don't have stock, it's mine. And the only reason they don't have large volumes of stock right now is that I care that everyone has least trouble they can when using the 7800GD.

I appreciate the hard work you put into your products. And I apologize for being a bit hot headed. It's good to know that the maker of said product actually cares, and thats a great thing!

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, sramirez2008 said:

I just received an email from SAG. They go on sale at 12:00 EST in limited quantities. Happy gaming everyone.

EDIT: Apologies. When I wrote this, I hadn’t noticed that @DrVenkmanhad already mentioned this.

I checked at 7 minutes past the hour, and it still says "Notify Me"... I guess they sold out that quickly?  I'd love to get my hands on one for development purposes, as I can't test my recent game (Drone Patrol) on real hardware.  I guess I'll just have to be patient. :)

Thanks.

I have a framemeister... Has it been tested with one yet? Should the Genesis scart cable work with the 7800gd and framemeister? Would the c-sync (whatever that means) cable I got with an rgb modified SNES, which worked well with the Framemeister, work with this? 

What have people been saying about the display on hdtv's with component inputs using the retrovision cable? 

Edited by doug0909

Mine was the basic edition. I just pulled the trigger without clicking on any of the options to speedrun it. I was already logged in and had my CC handy just in case I had to re-confirm anything during checkout. Happily I did not. :D

9 minutes ago, Atarius Maximus said:

I checked at 7 minutes past the hour, and it still says "Notify Me"... I guess they sold out that quickly?  I'd love to get my hands on one for development purposes, as I can't test my recent game (Drone Patrol) on real hardware.  I guess I'll just have to be patient. :)

You can try here at Atari Age then ;)

I clocked the sell out at 6 minutes lol

Edited by KrunchyTC

4 minutes ago, doug0909 said:

Thanks.

I have a framemeister... Has it been tested with one yet? Should the Genesis scart cable work with the 7800gd and framemeister? Would the c-sync (whatever that means) cable I got with an rgb modified SNES, which worked well with the Framemeister, work with this? 

What have people been saying about the display on hdtv's with component inputs using the retrovision cable? 

John Hancock just released a video not long ago and he was using a pair of the HDRetrovision cables from his for component output. I have a Rad2x, Genesis HDRetrovision cables, and several different Genesis/MD SCART RGB cables I will be testing it with on my setup with my OSSC. From what I've seen I might have a problematic setup as I also have a Sony Bravia in the game room I use and apparently those with the OSSC might have issues with sync stability but I guess I will find out.

• Thanks 1