IGNORED

The 7800GD (New 7800 Flash Cartridge?)

SainT

Do you really want one?  

166 members have voted

1. 1. Would you be interested in buying a 7800 SD cart (expected price around £60-£70)?

• Yes
    • No

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.

1 minute ago, gorfcadet said:

Well poop.  I'm a Mac user and my old Win7 laptop is too out of date to run the command line.  I got some bla bla that equated to this computer is too old to do anything.  :(

Maybe you could make a request in that thread for someone to build you a binary of the conversion tool that can run on your system?

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Oldschool80skid said:

Stoneagegamer just informed me that my confirmed order @ 12:03 PM could not be filled due to over selling. I canceled order with SAG and placed an order with Al. 

That was a very scary message to read, but I checked my email and no such problem here. I would have happily switched my order to AtariAge though. In fact I have a few items in my cart waiting for Al to sell through his stock and release the 7800 Mega adapter. :D

Edited by MegaManFan

1 hour ago, DrVenkman said:

Maybe you could make a request in that thread for someone to build you a binary of the conversion tool that can run on your system?

All the source code is there on GitHub, so it should be a relatively easy job for someone who does Mac things to make an exe.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Eagle said:

You can get Rikki from here

https://store.steampowered.com/app/893690/Rikki__Vikki/

then you need to convert with SainT tools

That is hardly the same experience as playing on actual Atari 7800 hardware and has zero benefit for those who missed the production run of Rikki & Vikki.  There is something special about the experience of playing such an game on vintage hardware that pushes the limits of the console.  The 7800GD was a solution to that.  I feel that paying the same price on AtariAge as on Stone Age Game is not a fair deal and should come with a lower prices is the bonus item of Rikki & Vikki is not included for the exact same product.  I am not blaming Albert, SainT or anyone as there has to be a minimum price for the device to pay for the production cost but such deals as a exclusive on other sites come across leaving a bad taste in your mouth when you buy the same product at the one place that has them only to find out that you are not getting the same perks as everyone else who was lucky enough to snag a copy at the places seeing it with the very much sought after bonus game.

• Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Tidus79001 said:

That is hardly the same experience as playing on actual Atari 7800 hardware

I think you misunderstand.  The conversion tool mentioned, allows Rikki & Vikki to be played on the 7800 GD cart.  They are not suggesting you buy the game and play it via your PC.

• Like 3

The steam game contains the files required to play on the 7800GD. SAG are paying for the R&V license out of their margin on each game, so they are giving their customers something for free.

Edited by SainT
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Albert said:

For the moment, I am going to hold off on selling the Mega 7800 separately, until I sell out of the 7800 GD.

..Al

Any update on when the Mega 7800 will be available separately?

I noticed the 7800 GD is sold out so I am hoping I didn't miss the adapter too.

6 minutes ago, SainT said:

The steam game contains the files required to play on the 7800GD. SAG are paying for the R&V license out of their margin on each game, so they are giving their customers something for free.

@SainT

That sounds 100% fair and I didn't mean to make it sound like anyone was getting cheated and I sincerely apologize it my reply came access that way.  I truly appreciate all the hard work that guys like you do making hardware such as this and for al the various sellers that make it possible to get those items into our hand so that we can enjoy them on our old console,

Are there any instructions you can post a link to on this conversion process or can post them here in this thread or elsewhere.  This will be a question that I am sure many people will have and will help with confusion that people are not missing out if they by the 7800DG from a store that isn't including a digital copy or Rikki & Vikki with the purchase.

@Eagle

I missed that part until just after I replied on your message that it was possible to covert the Rikki & Vikki game bought via Steam

@Albert

Sorry if I came across making it seem like AtariAge is doing less for its customer gamer than others.  You site and services has been one of the most important in all of retro gaming and homebrew scene.  I am grateful for these service that you have provided over the years and have no intention of walking away from AtariAge as they have never once done me wrong.  You are top notch when it coming to taking care of your customer and have done a great work preserving Atari history and keeping alive these old consoles.

Edited by Tidus79001
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, Tidus79001 said:

Are there any instructions you can post a link to on this conversion process or can post them here in this thread or elsewhere.  This will be a question that I am sure many people will have and will help with confusion that people are not missing out if they by the 7800DG from a store that isn't including a digital copy or Rikki & Vikki with the purchase.

Yep, it’s all in support forum! :)

1 hour ago, SainT said:

All the source code is there on GitHub, so it should be a relatively easy job for someone who does Mac things to make an exe.

I have a Mac; I don’t program or make executables.   🤣. I’m a teacher.  I’ll go see if my Mom’s windows laptop will run the GitHub command line prompt.  Hers is a little newer than my old win7 antique.  I do video editing; this stuff is a smidge out of my wheelhouse.  I know just enough to make a mess.