IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

Or tell him you DON"T support it. Things have copyrights for a reason.

I understood Orphan Works laws to only take effect if the original copywriter signed off on making things public domain or passed on without selling or willing the rights to someone else.

Sent from my Z965 using Tapatalk

I understood Orphan Works laws to only take effect if the original copywriter signed off on making things public domain or passed on without selling or willing the rights to someone else.

Sent from my Z965 using Tapatalk

If that's the case then there is no need for a new law. The copyright owner is transferring ownership or abandoning the IP. Less laws = good laws.

Orphan work usually refers to when the IP holder is unknown or impossible to contact. For instance, if a company went bust and nobody else bought the rights, or an author retires into obscurity.

This is a particular problem with copyrights because, unlike trademarks and patents, they usually don't need to be positively asserted.

So far as Atari and Nintendo are concerned, none of their works could be considered to be orphan.

• Like 3

Lmao. Has anyone looked through the comments on Indiegogo? They are starting to turn on each other.

I think the lack of updates are getting to them. They are starting to notice that they make announcements about making announcements.....about making announcements..........

• Like 5

Lmao. Has anyone looked through the comments on Indiegogo? They are starting to turn on each other.

I think the lack of updates are getting to them. They are starting to notice that they make announcements about making announcements.....about making announcements..........

i noticed this, too- trouble brewing in paradise? ;)

From campaign comments...

jwhyrock

20 minutes ago

Since I don’t seem to be banned on a few AtariAge threads anymore (surprised!), and they are a devoted audience to this campaign, I will use this post as an olive branch to the nice people there.

If you think having expectations for the money you spent is wrong, you’re a sheep.

If you think Atari has done a great job communicating with you, you’re out of your minds.

It’s these kinds of deaf, dumb and blind consumers who not only allow companies to take advantage of them, but encourage it.

Never were more true words spoken.

• Like 3

From campaign comments...

Never were more true words spoken.

Indeed he is making sense there. I would be pissed by their last post which said nothing.

I find it funny about how people are okay with it being delayed because, "hey its crowdfunded". I backed this game: Champions of Time by Go.Fight.Pow!, via @Kickstarter https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/gofightpow/champions-of-time-by-gofightpow

Granted its a card game, but it is ahead of schedule. The second half includes cards that us backers created. Meaning not only did art need to be done but we had to create the moveset for those characters. And that part is ahead of schedule too.

By the way if anyone likes the idea of a simple card game that is Wrestling/MMA meets Street Fighter I would encourage you to check it out. Many simulate their own feds and I find it fun to play with the nieces and nephews. It is good for short gaming burts and a fighters tournament doesn't take long at all.

I was going to create some boots based off of videogame characters. I want to do some Atari based ones. What fighters could I make? One based off Pitfall Harry, Jungle Hunt guy have a name? Maybe a Yar alien fighter? Fighters based off the Title Match guys? Any ideas or suggestions?

Atari wants you to forget....

Noel Blackman

5 minutes ago

Easy killers I dont want regular updates just saying Hi where nothing happens. I would rather see them wait a few months and actually post something solid like a PCB board etc.. I actually forgot all about this until today.