IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

Wait what? I though the goal of this thread was to bash Atari....says the new guy who has only read bad stuff here.

Quick primer for the neophyte AtariAger: This isn't Atari.

Imagine, if you will, a cover band buys the rights to use the Beatles name and their entire back catalogue. Except instead of a band, it's one guy. And the only instrument he plays is the kazoo.

He can tour all he wants...apparently a few dullards will still be excited that the Beatles are back and will immediately become touring groupies, but most will see it for what it is...a cynical attempt to exploit the accomplishments of the past while bringing no real talent or vision of their own.

• Like 15

Not really sure what to think about Atari's new advertisements for the VCS®. They're hauntingly beautiful, almost familiar, but so very stark.

post-2410-0-70126000-1535123541_thumb.jpg

post-2410-0-36237500-1535123552_thumb.png

post-2410-0-97264200-1535123564_thumb.png

and in other AtariBox news ...

TinGiant.com still thinks the dot-com stands for "coma"

post-2410-0-16197500-1535124115_thumb.png

And on the 9th day, he rested assured. What's that smell? Oh, it's a draft in the works.

post-2410-0-02044700-1535123774.png

• Like 16

Quick primer for the neophyte AtariAger: This isn't Atari.

Imagine, if you will, a cover band buys the rights to use the Beatles name and their entire back catalogue. Except instead of a band, it's one guy. And the only instrument he plays is the kazoo.

He can tour all he wants...apparently a few dullards will still be excited that the Beatles are back and will immediately become touring groupies, but most will see it for what it is...a cynical attempt to exploit the accomplishments of the past while bringing no real talent or vision of their own.

Except I'd probably pay $$$ to see That!

• Like 1

The last few days have been busy ones at work, so I'm only just now getting caught up on the latest AtariVCSbollocks news. And, quite unsurprisingly, it didn't take particularly long to do that. Curiously, though, many of the pigeons backers seem to still be openly-supportive of the company that has taken their money and gone completely shtum. Obstinate, even wilful ignorance? Some form of Stockholm Syndrome?

Realistically, it doesn't matter. Until this whole thing goes utterly pear-shaped (most likely through the incompetence of the clowns running the circus), they won't get the wake-up call that they need. Likewise, we'll be on the sidelines, waiting to see how publicly it all blows up. Excellent!

• Like 1

The last few days have been busy ones at work, so I'm only just now getting caught up on the latest AtariVCSbollocks news. And, quite unsurprisingly, it didn't take particularly long to do that. Curiously, though, many of the pigeons backers seem to still be openly-supportive of the company that has taken their money and gone completely shtum. Obstinate, even wilful ignorance? Some form of Stockholm Syndrome?

Realistically, it doesn't matter. Until this whole thing goes utterly pear-shaped (most likely through the incompetence of the clowns running the circus), they won't get the wake-up call that they need. Likewise, we'll be on the sidelines, waiting to see how publicly it all blows up. Excellent!

It's going to be hilarious when all the people who said "Just wait! I have faith! Don't be haters! It's my money to spend!" Realize that they aren't getting anything back for their $300. Then the cries of "How could anyone let this happen??" Will start.

• Like 9

It's going to be hilarious when all the people who said "Just wait! I have faith! Don't be haters! It's my money to spend!" Realize that they aren't getting anything back for their $300. Then the cries of "How could anyone let this happen??" Will start.

You know what's even more hilarious? When Atari realizes they could probably have made 20 million dollars instead of 3 million dollars if they actually gave people what they had asked for and handled the campaign better. If you give people what they actually ask for or want, people will buy it. If you tell gamers what games would be coming out on your game console, more people might be more interested.

Gee+i+didnt+know+that+considering+it+was

Edited by Lodmot
  • Like 3

You know what's even more hilarious? When Atari realizes they could probably have made 20 million dollars instead of 3 million dollars if they actually gave people what they had asked for and handled the campaign better. If you give people what they actually ask for or want, people will buy it. If you tell gamers what games would be coming out on your game console, more people might be more interested.

Gee+i+didnt+know+that+considering+it+was

When has Atari asked what people wanted? People threw money at the nice case and "some linux box". My raspberry pi could fit that description.

Their next update better have something of worth. And I mean a look under the hood in some form.

• Like 3

When has Atari asked what people wanted? People threw money at the nice case and "some linux box". My raspberry pi could fit that description.

Their next update better have something of worth. And I mean a look under the hood in some form.

Agreed. > u <

Atari would do so if they really like money.

Agreed. > u <

Atari would do so if they really like money.

I don't know about that. This seemed like an easy $3,000,000. And they didn't have do to anything. No board, no specs, no gameplay, no games (games playing not on their platform don't count). If they can't show anything other than a controller on their next update I would back out if I had pledged. Assuming Atari will give it back of course.

• Like 3