IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

I suppose, lol. They havent finished doing it yet, but theyre in the process. They sent emuparadise and isozone notices, and they're complying. Its legal for Nintendo to do this, but its still crappy of them

I don't know if they were sent notices or not or everyone is feeling the heat because of those other two sites from last month.

This happens periodically, but after a time, something else takes it's place. Removing these sites is like playing whac-a-mole. And yes, it is legal for Nintendo to do so or any other major publisher.

(I think we already have an entire thread discussing this whole thing).

• Like 1

I'm all for making orphaned works public domain, but the problem is that Atari and Nintendo's old games aren't orphaned, and they aren't shy about letting people know that.

All in all though there are relatively few companies who are inclined to get litigious about these things, so it just pays to know who they are and avoid having anything to do with their works.

• Like 1

There's one thing I keep thinking about:

Atari isn't entirely wrong (in theory- in practice is another story).

Certainly there's room in the market for a computer/console hybrid that is both and neither at the same time.

Or, I could be totally off base here...

• Like 1

I agree. A 'micro-console' if you will. The closest thing I have seen (and currently have) is the Nvidia Shield TV. While it has a lot of pluses, it has negatives too and could use some competition in being the "streamer for gamers". Only time will tell, but it seems to me that demand for this product type seems fairly low as Amazon with its 1st and 2nd Gen Fire TV tried this angle too, but seems to have abandoned it now.

Certainly there's room in the market for a computer/console hybrid that is both and neither at the same time.

Don't hold "Atari" to any kind of obligations. It just makes you a nuisance to poor little companies trying to make money.

These people are ridiculous.

attachicon.gifScreenshot_20180820-132914_Samsung Internet.jpg

attachicon.gif2g897s.jpg

There's a prince in Nigeria, maybe they'd be interested in hearing about him. Like they said, "Assume positive intent" ;)

Edited by Pink
  • Like 1

Don't hold "Atari" to any kind of obligations. It just makes you a nuisance to poor little companies trying to make money.

These people are ridiculous.

There's quite a cast of characters in that comments thread! "Assume positive intent" is well and good, but "assume incompetence" is more salient for crowd-funded amateur shenanigans like AtariBox. The road to hell is paved with assumed positive intent and it's project management, communication, and engineering that delivers a product like this. Same dude also thinks that December 2019 is a more reasonable time to expect their reward. Hey, maybe there will be more Atari 2600 games to launch on it by then.

post-2410-0-19468200-1534799359_thumb.png

• Like 3

Best Electronics has them.

... and as someone pointed out earlier in this thread, "Atari" should study that page very carefully, because it's a perfect example of how to do new Atari hardware development right. Look at how open Brad has been, and the level of detail he has taken the trouble to share, about the creation of a new power supply! Compare that to how shifty and secretive "Atari" has always been about their plans for "that Ataribox?". Brad produces real prototypes because he's putting real time and effort into creating a quality product from the inside out. The phony "prototypes" and "mockups" and "demos" that "Atari" has foisted on us are only designed to create an illusion.

• Like 4

Yes, and unless I'm missing something all we know about the ataribox is what it and it's controllers might look like. I remember hearing some tech specs that most YouTube videos I watched were unimpressed with but I don't recall any details on what media it would use or an actual release date.

... and as someone pointed out earlier in this thread, "Atari" should study that page carefully, because it's a perfect example of how to do new Atari hardware development right. Brad has shared more details about the creation of a power supply on that page than "Atari" has ever shared about their plans for "that Ataribox?".

Sent from my Z965 using Tapatalk

There is; I just don't think current Atari is the company capable of doing it. If they were, we'd have seen it already in a much better (and smoother) VCS campaign.

And if they were serious about it, they'd have been doing stuff like Tempest 4000 directly as 1st party content or funding development of such for years by now well before trying the new VCS.

• Like 3