IGNORED

New Atari Console that Ataribox?

Goochman

A console PC hybrid would not be successful; it would have to compete against two very well-developed, highly-competitive markets.

Half the system's potential consumers would decide to get a full fledged PC; the other a full fledged console.

Just look at examples from the past. Did the XEGS do well? Did DISCover? Steam Machines?

They were stuck in a halfway-point between price & performance, between versatility & ease-of-use.

You don't want to position your product in the Twilight Zone.

I am Fred

Frédéric Chesnais

That Frédéric Chesnais?

That Fred Chesnais!

I do not like you, leave this place.

Do you like

Atari VCS?

I do not like it.

It's such a mess.

Would you like it

this year or next?

I would not like it

this year or next.

I would prefer

to get Tex-Mex.

Your VCS is a complete disgrace.

I do not like it Frédéric Chesnais.

Would you like it in a house?

Would you like it with a mouse?

I do not like it

in a house.

I do not like it

with a mouse.

I do not like it

here or there.

I do not like it

anywhere.

I do not like

Atari VCS.

I said before

it's a real mess.

Your VCS is a complete disgrace.

I do not like it Fred Chesnais.

Would you like it

in a rendered box?

Would you like it

with some free stocks?

Not with a box.

Not with some stocks.

Not in a house.

Not with a mouse.

I would not like it

here or there.

I would not like it

anywhere.

I do not like it anyplace.

Would you? Could you? As a stunt?

Try it. Try it! Cash up front.

I would not, could not, as a stunt.

Now go away you little runt.

You may like it. You will see.

You may like it in a tree!

I would not, could not in a tree.

I told you once! You let me be.

Could you, would you,

with a goat?

I would not, could not,

with a goat!

Would you, could you,

on a boat?

I could not, would not,

on a boat.

I will not, will not,

with a goat.

I do not like it with a box.

I don't like it with worthless stocks.

I do not like it in a house.

I do not like it with a mouse.

I do not like it here or there.

I do not like it anywhere!

Your VCS is a complete disgrace

I do not like it Fred Chesnais

I do not like your Atari scam.

Up your ass with it you may cram!

Take yer shit. Get out my face!

Edited by JBerel
  • Like 8

Via Google Translate, Atari SA's income statement from last week: (h/t to the handsome and talented PlaysWithWolves)

Filing schedule for the Registration Document for the year ended March 31, 2018

Paris, August 14, 2018 - The Atari Group has published its annual accounts on Monday, July 9, 2018 preliminary and unaudited consolidated financial statements for the year ended March 31, 2018, as determined by the Board of Directors of July 5, 2018. As reported in this press release, revenue for the year ended March 31, 2018 amounted to € 18.0 million, up € 2.6 million from the previous year, and includes € 1.1 million license revenue related to the blockchain license granted to Infinity Networks Limited. The The breakdown breaks down as follows: (i) a share of the profit-sharing related to sales of tokens, ie € 0.7 million, of which nearly 50% has been cashed by the Group since March 31, 2018; (ii) the valuation of the 15% interest in the capital of Infinity Networks Limited for € 0.4 million, on the basis of a valuation established by an independent third party, Bond Lane, a merchant bank American with great experience in the field of Entertainment and Blockchains. The Group continues to provide the Statutory Auditors with the information they need to conclude on these 2 points. This conclusion and the impact, if any, on the provisional accounts will be communicated to the market as soon as available. The Document Reference for this financial year will be filed with the Autorité des Marchés Financiers after closing of audit procedures, issuance by the Statutory Auditors of their reports related matters and approval by the Board of Directors.

Warnings

This press release is not to be published or distributed in the United States of America, Australia, Canada, Japan or Italy or any other jurisdiction in which the offer or sale of financial securities would be prohibited by the laws in force. This press release does not constitute an offer to sell or the solicitation of an offer purchase of any security or security and none of the securities or securities may be traded or to be the subject of any transaction in a state or territory where the offer, solicitation or sale would be illegal prior to the registration or approval of securities under the securities laws of that state or territory.

This press release does not constitute a prospectus within the meaning of Directive 2003/71 / EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 4 November 2003 as amended, in particular by Directive 2010/73 / EU of the European Parliament and of the Council of 24 November 2010, as amended and as transposed in each of the Member States of

the European Economic Area. There is still uncertainty inherent in the completion of these projects, their operating budget and their plan. Financing and the non-realization of assumptions may affect their value.

About Atari

Atari, consisting of Atari SA and its subsidiaries, is a global interactive entertainment and licensing group multiplatform. A true video game innovator founded in 1972, Atari owns and / or manages a portfolio of more than 200 games and franchises, including world-renowned brands such as Asteroids®, Centipede®, Missile Command® or Pong®. From this important portfolio of intellectual properties Atari draws attractive online games for smartphones, tablets, other connected devices. Atari also develops and distributes interactive entertainment for gaming consoles from Microsoft and Sony. Atari is also leveraging its brand and franchises with

license agreements via other media, derivative products and publishing. More information on: www.atari.com and www.atari-investisseurs.fr

Contacts

Atari - Philippe Mularski, Chief Financial Officer

Tel +33 1 83 64 61 57 - pm@atari-sa.com

Calyptus - Marie Calleux

Tel + 33 1 53 65 68 68 - atari@calyptus.net

And from today's New York Times, After the Bitcoin Boom: Hard Lessons for Cryptocurrency Investors

It is hard to know how many cryptocurrency investors are now in the red, with holdings worth less than the money they put in. Many who have lost money in recent months had gotten into the markets before the big run-up last year, and their holdings are still worth more than their initial investments.

But by many metrics, more people put money into virtual currencies last fall and winter than in all of the preceding nine or so years.

Much of the anger that investors feel is toward the smaller virtual currencies, or alt coins, that entrepreneurs sold in so-called initial coin offerings. These coins were supposed to serve as payment mechanisms for new software the entrepreneurs were building.

But almost none of these companies have delivered the software they promised, leaving the tokens useless, except as speculative assets. Several coins have been exposed as outright scams.

“I think I’d like to see most alts go to zero before I feel like the whole space isn’t overpriced,” Mr. Herman said.

giphy.gif

• Like 5

A console PC hybrid would not be successful; it would have to compete against two very well-developed, highly-competitive markets.

Half the system's potential consumers would decide to get a full fledged PC; the other a full fledged console.

Just look at examples from the past. Did the XEGS do well? Did DISCover? Steam Machines?

They were stuck in a halfway-point between price & performance, between versatility & ease-of-use.

You don't want to position your product in the Twilight Zone.

I agree with everything you just said, and I want to add ... XEGS was more than 30 years ago. I had to look up DISCover (meh) to learn it was from 10 years ago. Steam Machines most closely resemble what Atari® says it wants to do ... and Valve claims the concept isn't dead, in which case Atari will get its lunch stolen.

I know we'd already discussed this, but I still have to wonder if what Atari says it's doing is different from what Atari is actually doing. Or perhaps not doing, since this seems like a very much part time hobby for them.

• Like 4

Someone called me/others ninnies for merely pointing out the possibility that one out of 11k+ contributors are *probably* going to report Atari for not deliveriing frequent enough updates. Lol...

Don't get me wrong, I'm one of those people that's interested in this thing happening, but I'm also not blind-sighted as to not understand that they've been mismanaging this thing...

• Like 2

Would you could eat tacos on a bus?

How about eating tacos with a guy named Gus?

Would you eat tacos on a jet?

Would you gamble your tacos on a bet?

Yes, sir. Yes, sir.

I will eat tacos on a bus.

I will eat them with a guy named Gus.

I will eat them on a jet.

I will gamble them on a bet.

Yes, sir. Yes, sir.

You heard what I said.

But, I never will...

I will never will buy something

from a scammer named Fred.

• Like 4

There is; I just don't think current Atari is the company capable of doing it. If they were, we'd have seen it already in a much better (and smoother) VCS campaign.

And if they were serious about it, they'd have been doing stuff like Tempest 4000 directly as 1st party content or funding development of such for years by now well before trying the new VCS.

I take you mean just doing games like Tempest 4000 rather than the way they went about it.

I'd think that threatening indie devs with lawsuits because their games look a bit like one of your old IPs in the hope that they'll eventually go into partnership with you, is probably going to backfire in a lot more cases than it works out.

• Like 7

I take you mean just doing games like Tempest 4000 rather than the way they went about it.

I'd think that threatening indie devs with lawsuits because their games look a bit like one of your old IPs in the hope that they'll eventually go into partnership with you, is probably going to backfire in a lot more cases than it works out.

Oh that's what happened w/ Llamasoft? That sounds pretty shitty actually xD. No, definitely not what myself or most people would picture being the best way to go about software development.

Oh that's what happened w/ Llamasoft? That sounds pretty shitty actually xD. No, definitely not what myself or most people would picture being the best way to go about software development.

Yeah, you can read about the beginnings of the current relationship between Atari and Llamasoft here:

https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2015/mar/19/atari-threatens-jeff-minter-copyright-claims-playstation-txk-tempest

Thankfully, they seem to have worked things out eventually but I think it gives a pretty good insight into why there aren't more indie developers working away at re-imagining Atari's classics.

• Like 2

I think Atari sic'ing their lawyers on Minter was deliberate.

Then the bad press came, like this

https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2015/03/txk-dev-on-atari-legal-threats-attack-me-they-should-have-hired-me/

so they decided (almost accidentally as I see it) to work with him.

There's not a large amount of strategic innovation happening at the shambling corpse wearing the skin of Atari these days.

If you're just joining us, here's a reminder: the real Atari has been dead since 1996.

• Like 7

Wow! There's even a Bad Ass Tacos restaurant in California. https://www.yelp.com/biz/bad-ass-tacos-thousand-oaks

attachicon.gifbad_ass_tacos.jpg

Nice, that is pretty close to me.

EDIT: LOL, yesterday, when I was getting chicken taquitos, as soon as I walked in, chef goes: "Sorry man, I am out of Pico!". I hadn't even said anything yet.

• Like 3