IGNORED

Evercade?!

Video

I received two carts with my Evercade VS: Data East Arcade, and Technos Arcade.  I like the Data East cart, but I wasn't impressed by the Technos cart, and haven't played it much.

I normally don't care for street-fighting type games, but last night I sat down and tried The Combatribes...  what a great game!  :D

Very simple controls: punch, kick, run, and jump.  Move around.  That's it.  But.. it's a lot of fun!  I was punching and kicking bad guys, throwing exploding motorcycles, etc.  Nice cartoony artwork.

After a while I looked at the clock and realized I'd been playing it for over an hour, and I needed to force myself to stop and get some sleep!

I'm sure I'll be back at it tonight.  In the arcade this would have been a real quarter-eater, but with the Evercade just keep pressing the coin button...  the save state feature is very useful as well!

• Like 7

5 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

I just took pictures of the cards included in the new Intellivision cart:

I just received my Inty 2 cart yesterday and spent an hour last night playing "Cloudy Mountain" (cough AD&D).

Haven't played it in some time, and really enjoyed it.

• Like 3

I got the Auto Racing game to work but steering the car feels weird.  It's difficult to move the vehicle on the track using the D-pad.  It was like that in Motocross too.  Both games appear to have lag.  But at least they play, even though I crash a lot.  Lol.  Another thing is that when I turned on my Evercade VS today, it only showed the INTV collection 2 and not the first collection.  Which was odd.  Because both were inserted at the time.  So, I turned off the console and removed the INTV cart one then reinserted it.  That fixed the issue.  Not sure why this happened.  It never did that before.  The cart wasn't loose or anything.  It was fully connected to the console.

Edited by Intellivision Master
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Intellivision Master said:

I got the Auto Racing game to work but steering the car feels weird. 

I've played Motocross quite a bit on a 2609, and recently, and it felt about normal to me. 

I've never played Auto Racing much cuz, well, it sucks, so I can't say how accurately that plays.

When I play Astrosmash, I think I can see a bit of controller lag - but then last night I was playing "Cloudy Mountain" (cough) and Night Stalker quite a bit, and I did not notice any issues.

Another thing is that when I turned on my Evercade VS today, it only showed the INTV collection 2 and not the first collection.  So, I turned off the console and removed the INTV cart one then reinserted it.  That fixed the issue.  Not sure why this happened.  It never did that before.  The cart wasn't loose or anything.  It was fully connected to the console.

I noticed a similar issue (with different carts) after doing a firmware upgrade a couple of days ago. 

I had to power-cycle the Evercade to get it recognizing both ports... but it's been fine since then.

Edited by ls650
  • Like 3

Got my Intellivision 2 Collection and Morphcat collection today... other than taking them out of the shipping box, they haven't been played just yet.  Tomorrow after work perhaps.  lol

Overall, I'm just happy to be hearing that Cloudy Mountain plays well.  I'll give the other titles on the collection a go or two but really this will be my D&D cart.  lol

• Like 4

18 hours ago, ls650 said:

I've played Motocross quite a bit on a 2609, and recently, and it felt about normal to me. 

I've never played Auto Racing much cuz, well, it sucks, so I can't say how accurately that plays.

I never played these games before, so I'm not sure if the gameplay is accurate or not.

18 hours ago, ls650 said:

I noticed a similar issue (with different carts) after doing a firmware upgrade a couple of days ago. 

I had to power-cycle the Evercade to get it recognizing both ports... but it's been fine since then.

The problem occurred before the update.  Just by taking the cart out and putting it back in did the trick.  Hopefully it doesn't happen anymore.

• Like 1

Bruce Lee? Gateway to Apshai? Jumpman? There are some great games in that collection.

I was a bit disappointed with the Alwa's Awakening/Cathedral announcement a day or so ago, but this looks terrific.

I think it will be a must-have for me.

• Like 3

For those who don’t want to watch the video, the list:

Summer Games
Marauder
Movie Monster
(Bruce) Lee
Street Sports Baseball
Battle Valley
Subterranea
Gateway to Apshai
Alleykat
Iridis Alpha
Impossible Mission
Stormlord
Jumpman
Winter Games

Stormlord is an odd inclusion as the Amiga version is more iconic. But perhaps it will be less likely to get it an M rating :)

Pretty awesome lineup. I rarely played C64 but the games I know are all awesome. Super excited to finally welcome @Yak to the Evercade, may many more of his games join the club.

• Like 8

58 minutes ago, jgkspsx said:

For those who don’t want to watch the video, the list:

Summer Games
Marauder
Movie Monster
(Bruce) Lee
Street Sports Baseball
Battle Valley
Subterranea
Gateway to Apshai
Alleykat
Iridis Alpha
Impossible Mission
Stormlord
Jumpman
Winter Games

Stormlord is an odd inclusion as the Amiga version is more iconic. But perhaps it will be less likely to get it an M rating :)

Pretty awesome lineup. I rarely played C64 but the games I know are all awesome. Super excited to finally welcome @Yak to the Evercade, may many more of his games join the club.

Good list of games, but it's never Racing Destruction Set :(

• Sad 3

12 minutes ago, 7800Knight said:

I'm excited to get Impossible Mission.  I never beat that one.  At least this isn't the bugged Atari 7800 port that makes it unwinnable.

To be fair, it's not really an impossible mission if you can beat it. ?

• Haha 4

Now how about a SSI Gold Box collection?  Questron, Gemstone Healer, the Gold Box games, Phantasie series?  Maybe they're too slow and lame now, IDK.  But I put hundreds of hours into those.

And also into Bop n' Wrestle, for god knows what reason.  And that little programmable basketball game where you bounce off each other to score.  And GhostBusters :)

• Like 2

While I'm hoping for more computer titles for Evercade, there's the elephant in the room - keyboards!

I take it that not just any game from the C64 or another computer can be used; the Evercade is meant to replicate control pads and/or joysticks, not keyboards.

Unless Blaze is also planning a keyboard accessory in the future for Evercade.

• Like 4