IGNORED

Evercade?!

Video

Well my wallet finally took 'the big hit' with the july stuff preorder--any time I start sticking multiple carts in the same order together, they start looking like 'real game' kind of money ;)

But July batch is more obscure arcade games that I'd probably never get to see otherwise, and with the state of current drama and such, I do worry that that 2nd evercade cart might be the last I ever hear of Intellivision.

The next batch of stuff is sounding good too. Esp the computer one. I'm not a big '64 fan, but the first one was going to have to lean heavily on that one, and I'm still down. c64's colors aren't as vibrant as most systems, and that SID chip often gets a bit too 'into it' for its own good.

Since a couple of us in the thread have a bad Arkagis games on the Indie Heroes cart, is it possible for the VS to patch that, or even write to the cart? 

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, King_Salamon said:

The controls for many of the Intelly games that used the keypad numbers is what will stop many games from appearing on a future collection.  The Imagic games would be nice to be included like Demon Attack!  I wonder if there will be a collection 3... my guess is not likely.

Demon Attack is no go to my understanding. Blaze explained on a podcast that they were very close to a contract with Activision. They were 90 percent done with a contract with Activision when something happened. That contract for doing Imagic games for Intellivision and Activision games for the 2600. 

Blaze also tried with EA, but Ea wasn't interested. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 6

2 hours ago, 8th lutz said:

Demon Attack is no go to my understanding. Blaze explained on a podcast that they were very close to a contract with Activision. They were 90 percent done with a contract with Activision when something happened. That contract for doing Imagic games for Intellivision and Activision games for the 2600. 

Blaze also tried with EA, but Ea wasn't interested. 

So I kind of take it the deal is over and done with?  :( :( :( 

I was just pondering tonight before reading this forum how great an Activision / Imagic combo with Demon Attack, Cosmic Ark, Subterranea, and No Escape would be.  Add those to the Activision heavy hitters (River Raid, Pitfall!, Pitfall! 2, Pressure Cooker, Seaquest, Cosmic Commuter, Enduro, Stampede, and Frostbite off hand)...and I would sincerely pay $40 for that cart.  I guess all that's left to do is dream.

And/or crack out my FB Portable, but it's just not the same.

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, Intellivision Master said:

I was trying to keep it at 12.  But as a bonus, Solar Sailor would work.  Also, Utopia was not in the first INTV collection.

Yeah, I was certain it was included and I just hadn’t played it. But nope. I think maybe T*mmy T*ll*r*co said or hinted it would be included.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

If you have some collection holes to fill Castlemania games' ebay store has a number of evercade titles for $11.50 shipped. I picked up another mega cat #2 in hopes of getting a good Arkagis. I also have a worms coming today from amazon that I now wish I'd have gotten from that ebay sale. Such is life, I suppose :D 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Seems to be relatively more interest in the C64 cart. Individual cart trailer Youtube views, all time

C64 Collection 1 - 20K (posted 12 days ago)

Renovation Collection 1 - 17K (posted over 1 year ago)

Namco Collection 2 - 11K (posted over 2 years ago)

Gremlin Collection 1 - 11K (posted over 7 months ago)

Codemasters Collection 1 - 11K (posted over 1 year ago)

Data East Collection 1 - 11K (posted over 2 years ago)

Everything else is under 10K including the other recent announcements (Irem, Toaplan, AA/Cathedral, etc).

The only videos to get more views on the official Evercade channel than the C64 trailer were the VS announcement (52K, over 1 year ago), the OG handheld announcement (27K, over 3 years ago), the arcade cartridge series trailer (25K, over 1 year ago), and the OG handheld preview (24K, over 2 years ago). 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just wanted to post this here to show the latest carts as well as the upcoming Jaleco arcade and Gaelco Arcade 2 collection.   Songbird Productions who is a member here sells the carts on his site and you can preorder the new ones coming end of the month.   

• Like 7

14 hours ago, jgkspsx said:

Just got MorphCat and Intellivision 2 and got my order in for the next two!

I just got Intellivision 2 free with Amazon pointz but haven't had time to play it yet.  LOVE the inserts for the games, even if they're non-functional in the original way.  Just a great throwback, and fan service for old people like me, even if I never had an INTV.  Played a whole bunch of these on Xbox Live Game Room, really enjoyed them and can't wait to get my INTV on!

• Like 6

Spent some more time with the Evercade and threw together another vid on recent happenings, etc.

Chapters:

0:00 Evercade Castlemania Sale!
1:22 Arkagis problem :(
3:47 Evercade thoughts
5:39 Evercade News (Home computer stuff!)
6:25 Personal Evercade Wishlist: Synapse

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Ordered!

One note about Cathedral / Alwa’s Awakening: it requires firmware 1.3+, so if you have a handheld with old firmware like mine, it won’t work. Hopefully I’ll have time to try to finish the games that have had save state issues when upgrading before that cart releases. Or maybe I’ll just play it on the VS.

EDIT: wow, I haven’t updated my handheld in forever and it’s on 1.3.1, so I should be fine. It looks like this would only affect handhelds that haven’t been updated since 2020?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I quite recently got an Evercade with a decent chunk of games and have been enjoying this. Something struck me the other day though.. why oh why has Sega not released something for it?

No, I am not talking Sonic 1, 2, Comix Zone, Dynamite Headdy and the usual fodder. They have a STACK of amazing Arcade stuff that has just faded into obscurity. Surely the Evercade would be an ideal opportunity to release this on.

Does anyone know if Blaze ever tried with Sega and what the results were? 

20220708_110521.jpg

• Like 6

The major Japanese publishers don't seem to have a ton of interest.

Notice that three of the four discontinued carts are from Namco and Technos (a brand now owned by Japanese pubilsher Arc System Works). 

Has the Evercade even been released over there? Maybe with little to no domestic sales prospects the heavy hitters (Capcom, Square/Taito, SEGA, Konami, SNK) just don't care.

Edited by famicommander
  • Sad 4