IGNORED

Evercade?!

Video

Sad but probably true. I don't see the Evercade releasing in Japan, but at least if it was more than a niche is the West, it could put big publishers on notice. SEGA used to be quite open to new systems (NeoGeo Pocket, WonderSwan, N-Gage, etc.) but it was 20 years ago, when SEGA did not publish PC war games and Football Manager. ?

Never say never but I prefer to welcome lesser known stuff that I don't already have on other systems anyway. SEGA has the Astro City Mini and several mini consoles, Taito the Egret II mini, Capcom its arcade stick and the quite comprehensive Arcade Stadium 1&2... Sure, I still miss some games from them but they're either license-based or used dedicated controls, so they probably wouldn't work on Evercade either. ?

• Like 3

I couldn't find this information, what is the difference between the two Data East carts? I know game line up but they both have Burger Time. Is it the same arcade version of burger Time or is it different in some way?

On 7/10/2022 at 11:55 AM, swlovinist said:

Would love to see the Vic-20 as well.  

Love to see Radar Rat Race but I have a feeling that since it was originally Rally-X, there might be rights issues.

Edited by Rob Merritt
  • Like 1

On 7/31/2022 at 8:11 AM, Zap1982 said:

I quite recently got an Evercade with a decent chunk of games and have been enjoying this. Something struck me the other day though.. why oh why has Sega not released something for it?

No, I am not talking Sonic 1, 2, Comix Zone, Dynamite Headdy and the usual fodder. They have a STACK of amazing Arcade stuff that has just faded into obscurity. Surely the Evercade would be an ideal opportunity to release this on.

I want classic Sega arcade. Turbo, Zaxxon, Congo Bongo, Space Harrier, Planet of Zoom, and others. Its frustrating that Sega has forgotten everything  that came out before Sonic. They probably won't work with Evercade because they have their own mini retro console. Even though it will be limited production and feature nothing from the 80s.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Rob Merritt said:

I couldn't find this information, what is the difference between the two Data East carts? I know game line up but they both have Burger Time. Is it the same arcade version of burger Time or is it different in some way?

The Data East Collection 1 has the NES version, the Data East Arcade Collection 1 has the arcade version. The Arcade series has purple boxes and the Home series has burgundy.

Got my Gaelco Arcade Vol 2 and Jaleco Arcade Vol 1 from @Songbird yesterday. Man oh man, I am drowning in Evercade games I want to play. The last six cartridges include five of my favorite collections to date.

• Like 3

It's frustrating to me because I'm quite excited with the recent releases (especially the Jaleco, Renovation, and Morphcat carts) as well but it's tedious to play on my Evercade because of its annoying menu button. So I prefer to wait for the EXP and I've got tons of other games to play in the meantime anyway. It's just that when I'll get the EXP, I'll suddenly have several dozens of games to play on Evercade. ?

16 hours ago, Rob Merritt said:

I want classic Sega arcade. Turbo, Zaxxon, Congo Bongo, Space Harrier, Planet of Zoom, and others. Its frustrating that Sega has forgotten everything  that came out before Sonic. They probably won't work with Evercade because they have their own mini retro console. Even though it will be limited production and feature nothing from the 80s.

Or more specifically they have forgotten everythong that isn't Megadrive / Genesis. Just the same old games again and again and again..

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Rob Merritt said:

I highly recommend the Data East carts, they are easily my favorite collections so far. If you are into Burger time, be sure to check out the 2019 remake that I only learnt about a couple of weeks ago, its fantastic!

20220803_070459.jpg

20220803_070450.jpg

• Like 3

9 hours ago, ls650 said:

How do you mean?

6 hours ago, jgkspsx said:

I am also curious. Does your thumb hit it from the d pad?

I've explained it before. The button still works but doesn't "click" anymore when pressed, so I don't know if I'm pressing it or not and I have to push a little harder than normal to make it register. ? So playing a game requiring using savestates often can be quite frustrating.

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, Zap1982 said:

I highly recommend the Data East carts, they are easily my favorite collections so far. If you are into Burger time, be sure to check out the 2019 remake that I only learnt about a couple of weeks ago, its fantastic!

20220803_070459.jpg

20220803_070450.jpg

I have both the NES and arcade collection Data East cartridges.

Since Burgertime is my favorite game of all-time, I prefer the arcade version.  The NES conversion seemed to have its difficulty ramped up for some reason.

• Like 3

This arrived today. I don't own an Intellivision. I have never seen one in the flesh or known anyone that has / had one. Grabbed this though as it was very cheap and seemingly scarce on UK eBay. Described as 'cart only' but came with tray and the two inserts, bit weird they kept all that but not the actual box but hey, Burgertime is cool.

20220803_185224.jpg

• Like 5

On 7/31/2022 at 5:57 PM, famicommander said:

The major Japanese publishers don't seem to have a ton of interest.

Notice that three of the four discontinued carts are from Namco and Technos (a brand now owned by Japanese pubilsher Arc System Works). 

Has the Evercade even been released over there? Maybe with little to no domestic sales prospects the heavy hitters (Capcom, Square/Taito, SEGA, Konami, SNK) just don't care.

I'm guessing that goes for Epoch as well.  I was hoping for them to release CassetteVision and Super CassetteVision collections.  

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 7/29/2022 at 2:19 PM, Songbird said:

Pre-orders are live for the new Evercade carts! Carts release on Sep 30.

The C64 Collection #1: https://songbird-productions.com/product/evercade-the-c64-collection-1/
Alwa / Cathedral: https://songbird-productions.com/product/evercade-alwas-awakening-cathedral/

image.png.2123a67bd025ee59c62fe89c1fde2a7a.png

Have had a look a trailer for both.

Man, I remember having Movie-Monsters on cassette.

It took 25-30 minutes for every game played.

And now (unless of course you’ve emulated loading time) I can trudge through those cities… being the ultra-super-monster to be shot down in like … 5 minutes.
Never got good at it when I was 10.

Now, finally, I can set it right… by being the ultra-super-mega-monster to be shot down in 8 minutes and 37 seconds… 

But hey, this - a C64-collection is super-cool!!

Hope to see more coming…!

And if you at @Songbird can get a third Lynx-collection out there, modern retro-gaming will head for a bright future.

But, please don’t stop at Lynx or anywhere; just keep it coming… whatever stuff you’ve got…

• Like 3

I'm really happy with the new Gaelco and Jaleco arcade carts. There's some pretty sweet games on these that I've never played before. World Rally 2 is just bad ass, I've always loved these isometric racers. And I had no idea The Astyanax was an arcade game, I had only ever played the NES cartridge. 

• Like 4

5 hours ago, Atari_Warlord said:

After reading through this thread yesterday I decided to give the Evercade VS a shot.  I ordered the premium pack and it should be here this weekend and will test it out with a gaming friend next week.  Are there any 4 player simultaneous games available on it yet?

I think the Codemasters pack has several… I think there are others.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Holy friggin’ crap!!!!!!! A bunch of Capcom games are coming built in to the EXP!

A7114DB9-E394-42A0-9A67-BD2EB4AA67B2.thumb.jpeg.e6414c6e4b68f7ebca979cf0673eeae4.jpeg

Games included:

1942 (Arcade version)

1943 (Arcade version)

1944 : The Loop Master (Arcade version)

Bionic Commando™ (Arcade version)

Captain Commando™ (Arcade version)

Commando™ (Arcade version)

Final Fight™ (Arcade version)

Forgotten Worlds™ (Arcade version)

Ghouls ‘n Ghosts™ (Arcade version)

Legendary Wings™ (Arcade version)

MERCS (Arcade version)

Street Fighter II’: Hyper Fighting (Arcade version)

Strider (Arcade version)

Vulgus™ (Arcade version)

Mega Man (8-bit)

Mega Man 2 (8-bit)

Mega Man X (16-bit)

Breath of Fire (16-bit)

https://evercade.co.uk/capcom-is-coming-built-in-to-evercade-exp

• Like 3