IGNORED

Evercade?!

Video

On 7/26/2023 at 10:51 PM, famicommander said:

Analog stick at minimum but preferably trackball/spinner as well. A big chunk of the Atari Arcade games are still pretty much unplayable. 

I wonder if quality-gaming-needs. (playing games comfortably vs just-barely-making-it-as-port), , may need to accumulated in lists, so that whenever a third generation of Evercade handhelds comes around, they may actually have a set-up with a quick, little analog stick on each side of the screen + double set of fire buttons (each - also on each side of the screen), either which then will come into operation when swithing to TATE-mode. Yes, the console may get a bit higher, but two analog-sticks would also give room for games like Robotron 2084 (on many platforms), or even games like Space Dungeon Atari 5200 (perhaps a cart dedicated to rare, cult-classics could be compiled, or perhaps the 5200 shouid get its own Evercade-collection)?

Moreover; two small analog-sticks would easily resolve FPS-games gameplay-needs - one controller moves you, the other moves your crosshairs or aim or whatever…

Think it could be a worthwhile thing to plan for analog or double-analog, into future-Evercade-designs.

Edited by Giles N

16 hours ago, Giles N said:

Very nice to see these people are pushing on … not just sitting around.

And it may just be me, but it’s sounds like there’s a genuine passion for retro-gaming in the wording.

If that is the person who I think it is, then there is no doubt that there is some passion there for retro-gaming.

• Like 1

If Blaze said that there's a console collection and therefore not a computer collection wouldn't that mean that the Spectrum can be ruled out for that one?  Makes me think that the Odyssey 2 or Colecovision could be possibilities.  Pick Ax Pete and KC Munchkin would be fun for the O2... as for the Coleco... I don't know what they could release as the system was mainly an arcade license system.  There are some possibilities though as Exidy is part of Collectorvision (whether they can use old EXidy roms is unclear).

Well, 24 hours from now we will have some clarity.  I do enjoy the mystery leading up to these announcements and it helps keep the system in my mind which is what Blaze wants!  lol  

Indie Special... 4 or 5 collections which may be mainly homebrew/indie games.  It should be interesting and there ought to be something for everyone!  I'm pretty sure there will be an AtariAge homebrew collection announced.  Just seems like an easy one to predict.

Discord is talking about a new Mega Cat collection... I suppose that could happen but I don't know.  Oh and everyone is hoping for the new Wrestlequest on Evercade.  I am going to flat out say this is NOT going to happen for several reasons.  1 this is too advanced for the Evercade hardware.  2 the price for this is much more than a normal Evercade release meaning even if it were a single game cart, it wouldn't be enough to pay for the game.

Tomorrow will be fun!  And then people will be happy/sad/mad etc etc based on their own tastes.  I'm just excited to see new collections for this system!

• Like 5

Home Computer Heroes has Attack of the Petscii Robots, Planet X2, and Farming Simulator from C64; Sword of Ianna from MSX; and Citadel Remonstered, Tanks Furry and Bridge Strike for Amiga. All look fun. The latter two are clearly inspired by Tron Tanks and River Raid.

Asteduo has Astebros and Demons of Asteborg, both awesome.

The other dual cart has Goodboy Galaxy, which looks really cool, and Witch n Wiz, which is an awesome Catrap clone.

Full Void will be an Evercade physical exclusive at least for a while.

• Like 4

Astebros and Demons of Asteborg:
17 bucks each on Steam, 59 euros each for loose physical carts, 79 euros each for boxed carts, 20 bucks for both on an Evercade cart

This is the kind of value proposition they should be stressing. Some people are whining about the number of games per cart, but that's the wrong way to look at it.

• Like 5

58 minutes ago, jgkspsx said:

The other dual cart has Goodboy Galaxy, which looks really cool, and Witch n Wiz, which is an awesome Catrap clone.

I think it's a weird pair, though, since one is an unreleased, quite ambitious GBA game while the other is a (very nice indeed) NES game that was made for a game jam... I backed the former on Kickstarter anyway, so I won't get this cart (and I got both Asteborg and Astebros as special physical editions for the press 😎).

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Defender_2600 said:

Petscii Robots in the video it's certainly not the C64 version, it looks like the Amiga or Genesis version.

I didn’t think that looked like Petscii, haha. I think it is Amiga. I hope we get the Genesis version as an unlockable for multiplayer.

• Like 2

It has been confirmed it is the Amiga version. Btw I was surprised they clearly mentioned every system (Amiga, C64, and MSX2) for Home Computer Heroes Collection 1 while they tend to just say "8-bit" or "16-bit" for consoles, as if they hadn't the right to mention the names of consoles (which could be the case).

• Like 3

30 minutes ago, roots.genoa said:

It has been confirmed it is the Amiga version. Btw I was surprised they clearly mentioned every system (Amiga, C64, and MSX2) for Home Computer Heroes Collection 1 while they tend to just say "8-bit" or "16-bit" for consoles, as if they hadn't the right to mention the names of consoles (which could be the case).

I thought of it like this...They mentioned Home Computers so why not?  (Like most people don't have each of those computers)   but,  OTOH, when it comes to consoles,  everyone has those or emulators thereabouts,  so they want you to buy the Evercade version rather than just playing the ROM elsewhere...

Then again,  I'm really just riffing here...Keeping my brain entertained.  Probably best to ignore me really...

• Haha 2