IGNORED

Evercade?!

Video

On 8/9/2023 at 9:47 PM, jgkspsx said:

Got my carts! Loving Diver Boy so far and enjoying Burglar X too. Looking forward to trying the rest!

IMG_1048.jpeg

IMG_1044.jpeg

I just started Diverboy,what a super fun game!👍

I am going to get my kids to play some,it should be even better 2 players. 

I will get to Burglar x later today.

I find if there is even one great game on a cartridge, that it is worth the price to me. 

The Sydney Hunter cart will be fantastic for anyone who hasn't played any of the games.

I personally already had those on my Intellivision, so at least the Master System Sydney game will entertain me for a while. 

• Like 2

Piko arcade 1 is awesome, definitely a favorite cart for me.

My Daughter and I played Magic Purple (very similar to Bubble Bobble etc.) and Diver Boy which is a neat and pretty unique game.

I could see Diver Boy being absolutely frustrating if you were playing single player,having to continually insert quarters and could not have endless continues.

But it sure is fun 2 player and with endless continues!

On the Sydney Hunter cart I am really enjoying Jester which I have never seen or played before.

It's actually pretty cool.

And 2 out of 3 of the Sydney Hunter games are great buy I have played them all before. 

I highly recommend both carts!👍👍😊😊

• Like 3

I got the Sydney Hunter cart.

• I played Jester just once for now. It looks interesting but I didn't get it at first and collected every item even though I didn't need some of them (since it looks like a Pac-Man clone), so the light eventually turned off and it was quite impossible to go on... 😅
  • I "beat" the Intellivision Sydney Hunter which means I only grabbed the treasure once, since it loops, but I'm already familiar with the Smurfs game (and don't really like it).
  • I recently beat Sacred Tribe, which I wouldn't have been able to do so without the map (included in the box) and savestates. Simple but fun game, even though it looks really hard without cheating (well, like old games do). Jumps can be very finicky...
  • So now I need to play Caverns of Death!

After that I still have two unsealed carts, the Indie Heroes 2 (which I mostly picked for Eyra) and the Team17 one (which I picked for my "culture" as the C64 and Intellivision ones, even though I except the games to be "meatier" so I'll probably try to beat a few of them).

• Like 3

On 8/8/2023 at 11:50 AM, famicommander said:

The firmware update, and thus the new secret game, is live.

Hide contents

The secret code is stone and the game is Rogue64, an indie roguelike Commodore 64 game

What I do know is that the secret word is not My Ass...In case you were gonna try that...

• Haha 2

On 8/5/2023 at 6:47 AM, famicommander said:

Hopefully the community gets a bit of a bump with the Super Pocket consoles

I also hope that Taito and Capcom releases free-standing carts for use on all evercade-cart-gobbling systems that be.

Both Companies have plenty of titles that would be like super-awesome to have on carts which can run on VS or any of the handhelds.

Again I must of course mention that Space Gun needs to make it onto something-Evercade in one way or another.

I suggest they create a AI-bot that will be introduced to the Evercade-team, to persuade them to stop by a derelict cart-dumpsters with Space-Gun file-roms that contains virus-ware which parasitically downloads itself to any devices thats turned on and can pick up signals.

Then the hidden virusware-rom can lie dormant in anything Blaze try to publish, ready to burst out any moment at unsuspecting gamers. And in Blaze no-one cares if you scream. 
(or do care, but be limited to have sympathy, but not lie about the chances… even of ports and collections happening)

Besides that^ (which will probably cause many pages of meta-discussions on my level of remaining sanity), 

… I think Taito are knee-deep in solid titles which would be perfect for systems like the Evercade.

Not even just Arcade-ports, but 8-bit games for NES and SMS too. But mostly NES. 

And as for Capcom, they must have entire  dungeons  filled with roms which can rise from their graves to stalk and haunt retro-gamers night after night, when the poor gamers don’t get beaten up by the 33rd version of Vega … during day.

Capcom sits on so much retro-ware that I’m unsure whats more exhausting: thinking about which ones should make it to cart-releases or thinking about how to beat Ghost n Goblins or Ultra Street Fighter Hyper-edition set to 55x speed-up (if you have the switch-collections, you know what I’m referring to).on gameplay … and then they could throw in NES GnG as secret-game, just to create that extra difficulty some gamers just need to have in order to have real fun (GnG NES on 55x speed, must be the essence of true fun)

Anyway - Taito and Capcom are swamped in titles which are perfect content on retro-systems.

Why don’t they sell them again…?

They get to get money and buzz for things already made…

Edited by Giles N
  • Confused 1

Taito Games that’d be cool to have on Evercade-freestanding carts:

Space Gun

Rainbow Islands

Continental Circus

Bubble Symphony

Bubble Memories

Space Invaders ‘95

Operation Thunderbolt

Puzzle Bobble 1 + 2

Parasol Stars

Bubble Bobble Part 2 NES

Chase HQ 2 (no car licenses)

Cabal

Full Throttle (change car grfx if necessary)

Darius 1 and/of 2

Some of these may demand lots of memory or firmware-updates (not sure about that one), so it may be put out on 2 or carts.

• Like 2

Capcom could make this into a dedicated free-standing cart:

- Ghost n Goblins (arcade) 

- Super Ghouls n Ghosts (SNES - original and Arrange Gameboy Advance)

- Ghouls n Ghosts (Wonderswan original + new colour-version)

-Ghost n Goblins (NES and Gameboy color

Edited by Giles N
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Giles N said:

Why don’t they sell them again…?

They do. Taito released a mini arcade cabinet and will release a new compilation for it in December. Capcom released two compilations with most of their arcade games on current systems.

The fact it's not on Evercade doesn't mean it's not elsewhere, you know?

• Like 1

The fact that those games are available in so many other places is very likely the reason they aren't on Evercade carts. Evercade carts have to be 20 bucks and Capcom/Taito don't want to give away half a dozen games or more at that price when their games cost so much more on other platforms. But when the cost of hardware obscures the cost of the games, as is the case with the EXP and the Super Pockets, they don't mind it so much. And that's probably also Namco's reasoning behind licensing their carts only for the handhelds and not the home console. They sell Namco Museums and standalone titles on digital storefronts on consoles, but dedicated handhelds aren't really a mainstream thing anymore. There's no more 3DS or Vita, it's just people taking their normal home devices on the go like with a Switch or a Steam Deck.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Giles N said:

Taito Games that’d be cool to have on Evercade-freestanding carts:

Space Gun

Rainbow Islands

Continental Circus

Bubble Symphony

Bubble Memories

Space Invaders ‘95

Operation Thunderbolt

Puzzle Bobble 1 + 2

Parasol Stars

Bubble Bobble Part 2 NES

Chase HQ 2 (no car licenses)

Cabal

Full Throttle (change car grfx if necessary)

Darius 1 and/of 2

Some of these may demand lots of memory or firmware-updates (not sure about that one), so it may be put out on 2 or carts.

All of that, and NO VOLFIED????

C'Mon  Man!

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, roots.genoa said:

They do.

Sorry.

It should have read ‘why don’t they sell them yet again?’

Like in, why not sell as much as possible of games which are already made and exist on ROMs, in a world where emulation and ports are already all-over-the-place…?

- - -

By limiting their games to be on a hardware-unit, they will estrange all possible Evercade-buyers who uses the VS as their primary system, or have their main-interest in the possibility of a separate game-collection which aren’t stuck on one unit…?

The Taito handheld - its about the price of 2 evercade-carts.

It must cost more to produce their own handheld, than putting it on carts Which means they’d have more revenue by s cheaper and more versatile ptoduction/release.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, GoldLeader said:

when Arkanoid is right there...

**Though QIX AND Ultimate QIX (AKA VOLFIED)...HMmmm...That could work!

You’ll get Volfied on the Taito-handheld, so I was thinking about what a loose Taito cart should  contain…

… anyway, I think they own Arkanoid too, so you could get QIX, Volfied and Arkanoid … 

Ok, I’ll stop there - could hear your jaw drop to the floor at the thought all the way over the pond…

Edited by Giles N
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, GoldLeader said:

But,  to be fair  I think that may be the one PS2 game that doesn't work with arcade sticks (Don't know why...)

Well, a PS2 with TV isn’t so easy to just drag around from living-room to kitchen to bedroom to veranda/porch… etc…

• Like 1