IGNORED

Evercade?!

Video

2 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

It has been confirmed it is the Amiga version. Btw I was surprised they clearly mentioned every system (Amiga, C64, and MSX2) for Home Computer Heroes Collection 1 while they tend to just say "8-bit" or "16-bit" for consoles, as if they hadn't the right to mention the names of consoles (which could be the case).

They only specified it for Atari consoles. Honestly, I think it's a gap and I already expected to find a complete list that specified the origin system for each published game.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

as if they hadn't the right to mention the names of consoles (which could be the case).

This is exactly right. They have licensed the Amiga and TheC64 names, and MSX2 is a standard that does not require a license apparently. The console names are trademarked and presumably the fear is that Sega or Nintendo might go after them for illicit use of the trademark.

• Thanks 1

Well, this is going to be a rough year. They keep introducing more and more interesting new evercade carts.

I'm going to have to come up with a new cart storage solution.

I think I'm still most looking forward to duke nukem 1&2, but I can't pass up that native title, or petscii robots.

For this month's releases, somehow I've never played a sydney hunter. not entirely sure what platform some of those games are, but I'll figure it out. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Reaperman said:

Well, this is going to be a rough year. They keep introducing more and more interesting new evercade carts.

I think I'm still most looking forward to duke nukem 1&2, but I can't pass up that native title, or petscii robots.

For this month's releases, somehow I've never played a sydney hunter. not entirely sure what platform some of those games are, but I'll figure it out. 

Sydney Hunter and the Shrines of Peril - Intellivision

Sydney Hunter and the Sacred Tribe - SEGA Master System

Sydney Hunter and the Caverns of Death - Super Nintendo

Jester - NES

• Thanks 3

The Duke Nukem Collection 1 and 2 trailer has become the most-viewed cartridge trailer on the Evercade Youtube channel.

The top 5 

1. Duke Nukem Collection 1 and 2 (posted right after the first Showcase in June) - 34K

2. The C64 Collection 1 (posted over 1 year ago) - 34K

3. Renovation Collection 1 (posted over 2 years ago) - 23K

4. Team 17 Amiga Collection 1 (posted 4 months ago) - 18K

5. Alwa's Awakening/Cathedral (posted over 1 year ago) - 17K

Very quickly shot to the top.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Reaperman said:

Same here... Room is missing, and time; I still have at least 4 carts to even try (3 of them are still under shrink wrap). 😩

I'll also buy the Sydney Hunter cart this month; I've only played the modern game (originally a NES game that evolved into something else), but they didn't put it on the cart for some reason (maybe resolution, since it's kind of hybrid actually). Then I'll probably wait for October for the two carts you're interested in as well. I already know some of the games of the Sunsoft one, and the Delphine cart is interesting but I'm afraid the point & click games won't be very playable with a console controller, let alone a handheld with a small screen. Then I'm not sure about the Duke Nukem carts. The first one is tempting to me but...

Btw, have you guys unlocked the secret game teased during the showcase? I guess the secret word was 'rock' or something but I didn't have the time to try.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, madman said:

I ordered the Sydney Hunter cart mainly to try out the INTV game. Seems like it should be a quality cart even with only a few games. The Sunsoft cart doesn't do much for me except to try out Mr. Gimmick. And I'm passing on Delphine too.

The Intellivision game is very, very similar to The Smurfs. If you ever played that you'll know what to expect. The other two Sydney Hunter games are much more fleshed out.

• Like 2

I can't remember if I read that on the CollectorVision site or elsewhere, but the fact it's based on Smurfs on CV was a big part of me wanting it. Of course I haven't played that in like 40 years, so who knows. Either way, it's ordered.

Are there any forums that talk about the Evercade. I've tried their Discord a few times, but it's literally the same thing each time.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, madman said:

I can't remember if I read that on the CollectorVision site or elsewhere, but the fact it's based on Smurfs on CV was a big part of me wanting it. Of course I haven't played that in like 40 years, so who knows. Either way, it's ordered.

Are there any forums that talk about the Evercade. I've tried their Discord a few times, but it's literally the same thing each time.

Reddit, Discord, this thread, and a similar thread on Neo-Geo.com are the only places I see people talk about Evercade. But I hate Reddit's stupid layout so I never go there.

• Like 2

Reddit belongs in a dumpster. I'll read a post there if Google points me to a thread or subreddit or whatever they call them, but I'm not browsing that ridiculous format. OK, this concludes old man yells at cloud. I also grabbed Piko Arcade 1 fully expecting half the titles to be horrible. The only game I've looked up was Ultimate Tennis and I just about got motion sickness. Fancy World, Magic Purple and Diver Boy are the 3 I'm hoping I'll like the most. Legend of Silkroad looks like a Knights of Valour ripoff made with pre-rendered sprites (yes I know both games came out at the same time). Burglar X looks like a web page from the same year with so many spinning and glowing objects. If the jackhammering gif89 guy isn't in the game I'll be upset.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, famicommander said:

Reddit, Discord, this thread, and a similar thread on Neo-Geo.com are the only places I see people talk about Evercade. But I hate Reddit's stupid layout so I never go there.

There’s also Evercade Fans Hub on F*ceb**k.

AtariIO had an Evercade high score challenge for a while but I haven’t been keeping up with it.

On 8/4/2023 at 6:49 AM, famicommander said:

The Duke Nukem Collection 1 and 2 trailer has become the most-viewed cartridge trailer on the Evercade Youtube channel.

The top 5 

1. Duke Nukem Collection 1 and 2 (posted right after the first Showcase in June) - 34K

2. The C64 Collection 1 (posted over 1 year ago) - 34K

3. Renovation Collection 1 (posted over 2 years ago) - 23K

4. Team 17 Amiga Collection 1 (posted 4 months ago) - 18K

5. Alwa's Awakening/Cathedral (posted over 1 year ago) - 17K

Very quickly shot to the top.

Do you think this (shooting to the top) is due to a general Evercade popularity growth, or that they are getting nearer to what people really want to play on such a platform?

- - 

I notice that the two toppers, are from large-base platforms: C64 and PC.

Do you think this affects the interest...?

Yes, and these carts were also announced along a limited edition of the VS, so it probably helped as well. Usually, Blaze announces at least 4 carts at a time so there was a specific highlight on these two.

I'm surprised at the second position for the C64 cart, though. It was the first cart for computer games and the C64 remains the most popular pre-PC computer in the US, but still. I think that ranking shows a popularity growth as Giles suggested, because the top carts are all recent (and one could assume the old videos would get more views with time).

• Like 1