IGNORED

Evercade?!

Video

5 hours ago, Reaperman said:

I'm looking for the big carts to stock up on. 

Biggest I've found so far is 24 Gremlin collection. 

~400mb of data, including hardcore 4x4 and actua soccer, both ps1 games.

Any other carts have two or more cd games?

Off the top of my head I can only think of one other CD game on the Evercade.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, madman said:

Off the top of my head I can only think of one other CD game on the Evercade.

Piko 2 has Football Madness 

Worms Collection has Armageddon

Bitmap Bros has Speedball 2100

Gremlin has Actua Soccer and Hardcore 4x4

Piko 3 has 40 Winks

Those are all of the PS1 games until the Duke carts hit.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, jgkspsx said:

No, as far as I know that is just made up. Blaze continues to assiduously avoid saying which version it is.

Assiduously?  Indeed,... and perhaps insidiously too!  At any rate people need to stop making me look up new words.  If I felt like learnin',   I'd be in schooo...

eric-cartman-bored-at-school-r4kd7u21ae6

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, jgkspsx said:

No, as far as I know that is just made up. Blaze continues to assiduously avoid saying which version it is.

Indeed, even though it's probably for legal reasons, since console names are trademarks. So they use "8-bit", "16-bit", and "32-bit" and you have to figure out if it's Nintendo or SEGA. 😅 Given their track record, I'm confident Duke Nukem 3D will be the PlayStation version.

• Like 2

The new Game of the Month is out. It’s Bone Marrow for the *EDIT* Genesis, which does for Threes/2048 what Puzzle Quest did for Match 3 games. You have to build up armor, weapons, and food during the night and then fight and pick up stuff during the day. It seems to have four levels. Levels 1-3 are very slow and easy. From what I hear level 4 is very hard and is kind of the real game. Almost there.

IMG_4179.thumb.jpeg.5c7566122e620c52aacee342382bb9ef.jpeg

It’s another game from Russia-based developers PSCD games, which I’m still not all that comfortable with, but it’s pretty fun.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, jgkspsx said:

The new Game of the Month is out. It’s Bone Marrow for the NES, which does for Threes/2048 what Puzzle Quest did for Match 3 games. You have to build up armor, weapons, and food during the night and then fight and pick up stuff during the day. It seems to have four levels. Levels 1-3 are very slow and easy. From what I hear level 4 is very hard and is kind of the real game. Almost there.

IMG_4179.thumb.jpeg.5c7566122e620c52aacee342382bb9ef.jpeg

It’s another game from Russia-based developers PSCD games, which I’m still not all that comfortable with, but it’s pretty fun.

Wow I thought it was a GEN/MD game, that looks amazing for NES.

• Like 1

The version of Duke 3D included is the PlayStation one, Total Meltdown, albeit in a heavily modified state. All of the emulated games have been heavily reworked to run better and load faster.

Here is a detailed breakdown of all of the changes: https://evercade.co.uk/evercade-game-spotlight-duke-nukem-3d-total-meltdown/

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, jgkspsx said:

The version of Duke 3D included is the PlayStation one, Total Meltdown, albeit in a heavily modified state. All of the emulated games have been heavily reworked to run better and load faster.

Here is a detailed breakdown of all of the changes: https://evercade.co.uk/evercade-game-spotlight-duke-nukem-3d-total-meltdown/

And that breakdown is exactly why we need to support a platform like the Evercade. 

• Like 3

Also we just added a couple of "new" items for back-order. These were previously only available from Songbird in the original Evercade handheld bundle. Now you can buy them separately if you need them!

Atari Collection #1 - https://songbird-productions.com/product/evercade-atari-collection-1/

Interplay Collection #1 - https://songbird-productions.com/product/evercade-interplay-collection-1/

Plus we're expecting a massive restock in about 2 weeks, so we've updated our back-order Evercade products to make them all available to order again.

Thank you for supporting Songbird, an independent game studio!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I got into the Evercade back in January of 2021 and haven't looked back, I love this stuff and I am looking forward to the remainder of this year's offerings. The Duke Nukem carts will be the first time I've played that franchise, which back then was not in my wheelhouse. Bone Marrow is a great game, I'll play more of that one when Indie Heroes Collection 3 comes out in 2024...

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, jgkspsx said:

Eyyyyyy we get Bust-a-Move on the Taito Super Pocket after all!!! They confirmed it on Discord.

IMG_4624.thumb.jpeg.cb9e324cd9efee34b18dce3c131bc8a0.jpeg

That will be cool to have and play,as well as Operation Wolf will be.

It may be pretty clunky with a d-pad,but I'm still going to enjoy playing it on the super pocket handheld.

Edited by wolfy62
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, jgkspsx said:

Eyyyyyy we get Bust-a-Move on the Taito Super Pocket after all!!! They confirmed it on Discord.

That's good to know.  I made a post about it when the game was listed on the Best Buy item page for the Taito Super Pocket.  Later on when I checked it again, the game was no longer listed.  I'm glad it's been confirmed now.  

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Intellivision Master said:

That's good to know.  I made a post about it when the game was listed on the Best Buy item page for the Taito Super Pocket.  Later on when I checked it again, the game was no longer listed.  I'm glad it's been confirmed now.  

Apparently they weren’t allowed to announce it then. Weird.

• Like 4