IGNORED

Sophia 2 preorder thread

Simius

Hello all,

Sophia 2 are in hand and ready to ship.  Here:  https://thebrewingacademy.com/products/sophia-2-dvi-output-gtia-replacement?_pos=1&_sid=9b960dc9a&_ss=r

Perhaps I should have used the following wording:

I am authorized to sell to the United States, Canada, and the rest of the Americas.  Anywhere else is up to Simius.  I am sure he has some method in mind.  He is a very conscientious and diligent person, so I would give him the benefit of the doubt.

So far as I know, if you live in the the Americas (as in North and South), we have Sophias for sale.

Edited by MacRorie
Clarification
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, MacRorie said:

Hello all,

Sophia 2 are in hand and ready to ship.  Here:  https://thebrewingacademy.com/products/sophia-2-dvi-output-gtia-replacement?_pos=1&_sid=9b960dc9a&_ss=r

IF you live in Europe, you should contact Simius directly.  They are less expensive then they were last time *despite* inflation! ;-)

That's great, however this is a little confusing for all on this waiting list thread as I am assuming Simius will be contacting us individually to let us know they are available and ready to order from him, based on the number we have put our names down for.

For example I'd put my name down for two very early on, but I am assuming I won't need to message him. I was gonna wait for him to pm me with payment details. Otherwise he is gonna get a lot of PMs all of a sudden. ;)

Edited by Beeblebrox

1 hour ago, MacRorie said:

If the price is still around PLN 640 for two from Simius, I'll have to wait and buy from him this time as $230 would be a bit high for me at the moment...

5 hours ago, Beeblebrox said:

I am assuming Simius will be contacting us individually to let us know they are available and ready to order from him, based on the number we have put our names down for.

I will. Give me a moment. :)

On 2/8/2024 at 4:09 PM, MacRorie said:

Hello all,

Perhaps I should have used the following wording:

I am authorized to sell to the United States, Canada, and the rest of the Americas.  Anywhere else is up to Simius.  I am sure he has some method in mind.  He is a very conscientious and diligent person, so I would give him the benefit of the doubt.

So far as I know, if you live in the the Americas (as in North and South), we have Sophias for sale.

My order is in!  Thank you!

Ordered two a little while ago, one for my 800XL that I was going to open today to install the U1MB upgrade but now will wait so I can do them both at the same time, and one for an 800 that I hope to purchase someday at an estate sale or used computer store (I've wanted one since they were new). Can't wait! Thank you very much!

@Simius just out of interest are the new Sophia 2 boards and DVI connector boards still identical in appearance to the last ones from a couple of years ago?

So here, taken from the brewing academy's current pages, (which AFAIK are the images of the last batch a few years ago?) :

IMG_20240211_051217.jpg

If not, do you have updated pictures of both of the latest versions of these? 

Aside from just being curious as to the appearance of the new batch of sophia 2, I also want to know if the DVI mount pcb is exactly the same as before, as in 2022 I designed and 3d printed in internal mount alternative design to that of the PBI mount for an 800xl that I may want to try at some stage, but need to know if the DVI pcb board has changed in any way. (I am assuming they are the same as before, for obvious reasons).

(Tbh I'll most likely still be installing these in 600XL's, but still worth knowing.)

Edited by Beeblebrox

11 minutes ago, Simius said:

The same as before.

Great, so both boards are completly identical to the old batch as in the image above. Got it, thanks. :) (I thought one of the reasons the boards were cheaper in this new batch, was that the compents/chips had changed). 

Edited by Beeblebrox

Mine has arrived and excited to hook it up! Wanted to ask, is there any photo of a 5200 setup I can use for reference when it comes to connecting the audio output? I know the Sophia board itself is a dropin replacement, but would like to have a reference for that last piece. Also need to look into how the configurations should be set up with the 5200 rom, but I imagine this forum will have that info. Somewhere.

Thanks again!