IGNORED

COSMOS CHRONICLES (ATARI STF/E,MEGA,TT,FALCON)

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, DarkLord said:

I would assume the answer is because it's a smaller active user base?

Just a hunch...

Yeah, it's the same reason that the c64 gets tons of new games, whereas the Atari 8 bit computers get a decent amount, but they're mostly PAL versions, as the computer was far more popular in PAL regions.

24 minutes ago, TheNameOfTheGame said:

Me too!  Been following this since the first annoucement.  The English version can't come soon enough now that the game is done!  😀

If he could just send the dialog text, we could google-translate it and then review the translation pretty quickly!

We could probably have it by the end of the weekend!

I'm sure you won't find a shortage of volunteers!

7 minutes ago, Tillek said:

I wonder if it's not the language barrier.

There are French, German, Polish, Slovak, etc... not really speaking the same language... so they don't necessarily form any kind of "group" or "scene".

Speaking the same language is useful but, for example, there are a many A8 games and demos from Polish and Czech scene.

On 12/26/2022 at 2:16 PM, Tillek said:

If he could just send the dialog text, we could google-translate it and then review the translation pretty quickly!

We could probably have it by the end of the weekend!

I'm sure you won't find a shortage of volunteers!

Well, sure, that could be done.  Personally, this is one game I really want to play from the start not knowing anything about it beforehand.  So if I was involved in translation if would kind of take some of the fun out the experience if you know what I mean.

10 minutes ago, TheNameOfTheGame said:

Well, sure, that could be done.  Personally, this is one game I really want to play from the start not knowing anything about it beforehand.  So if I was involved in translation if would kind of take some of the fun out the experience if you know what I mean.

Fair... but not everyone will feel that way.  If you weren't planning to volunteer, that wouldn't be an issue for you (I'm sure it only takes one or two).

On the other hand, I played it for many hours yesterday (longer than I should)... for the most part, I'm lost as to the story, so I likely won't be touching it again until the translation comes out given that I'll likely have to start over from the beginning to catch the dialog I missed.,,

And that sucks, because in so many ways, this is the game I have been waiting for since Sundog.

(So yeah, best Christmas Gift Ever was totally serious...)

But I do think I found a bug (as I doubt it's intended)... every single time I land somewhere, I get a shield, 3 plasma grenades and two guns... If I have them already in my inventory, I don't seem to get more, but if I put them away in my locker, and then do it again... over and over... I get a ton of weapons... and a ton of money selling them.

Anyone else notice that?

Also, are "pick up able" objects supposed to blink to the point they're almost hidden?  Or is that part of the "too fast" on the Falcon?

One final comment... the terminal screens can be hard to read.  Like the one in the guild for solar systems... Hard to tell for certain what those numbers are.

3 minutes ago, drfloyd said:

question : the terminal screens are difficult de read on which screen/monitor ????

Most of them really... but I can generally make them out... except the one in the guild building... It's showing coordinates for two solar systems.

I'll try to post a video capture of it later.

It might not bother other people... I just found it a bit hard with some numbers... (Is it a 5?  Is it an 8? etc)