IGNORED

Are People Crazy on Ebay???

DavidMil

27 minutes ago, Houdini said:

Here we have an Ultra-Mega Super-Duper Ultra Rare Mr. Do!'s Castle. NOS and sealed! (But somehow also simultaneously open??) 🤔 Hard to pass up at only $3,000...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/134525146733 

mrdo.jpg

Amazing fest that... To be simultaneously sealed and not sealed.

Also check out the listing test, and even better the seller's pseudonym:

image.thumb.png.3c1bf7fae49808ceb7809c21346870fd.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

49 minutes ago, Houdini said:

Ultra-Mega Super-Duper Ultra Rare Mr. Do!'s Castle

A boxed Mr. Do's Castle is extremely rare (bare cart is already very rare). They're taking offers; so pricing is a formality. The box looks to be in very good condition (as well as everything else; although they don't give any close-up for the cartridge itself, suspiciously). I'd agree, it's a bit shy of the actual street value; but it all depends on the collector's pockets, and how badly they'd like to have it. "school_girl_in_a_dress" always prices her (his?) stuff in the stratosphere (but taking offers); probably works out for them in the long run. A lot of sellers will take way below their selling price in offer.

• Haha 1

47 minutes ago, Houdini said:

NOS and sealed! (But somehow also simultaneously open??) 

17 minutes ago, Beeblebrox said:

Amazing fest that... To be simultaneously sealed and not sealed.

Maybe it's sealed with a kiss!??? :lol:

• Haha 2

You can be sure that it's a long time since that person was a student in elementary, middle, or even High School... So if you believe any of it, you've surely been taken (and not in a good way). Once a lying gouger, always a lying gouger.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, MrFish said:

A boxed Mr. Do's Castle is extremely rare (bare cart is already very rare). They're taking offers; so pricing is a formality. The box looks to be in very good condition (as well as everything else; although they don't give any close-up for the cartridge itself, suspiciously). I'd agree, it's a bit shy of the actual street value; but it all depends on the collector's pockets, and how badly they'd like to have it. "school_girl_in_a_dress" always prices her (his?) stuff in the stratosphere (but taking offers); probably works out for them in the long run. A lot of sellers will take way below their selling price in offer.

If someone's title is blatantly wrong like this one is, I'm not dealing with that seller. Period. Who knows what else is wrong? 

3 minutes ago, Houdini said:

If someone's title is blatantly wrong like this one is, I'm not dealing with that seller. Period. Who knows what else is wrong?

There's definitely something wrong -- aside from the items truly being extremely rare. The seller has been around for a long time, and has a high rating; so they're pleasing some crowd (I just ain't part of that crowd). I can't recall if they've purchased from me before or not; but I've never bought anything from them (for sure, since they've always priced their stuff high).

4 hours ago, MrFish said:

There's definitely something wrong -- aside from the items truly being extremely rare. The seller has been around for a long time, and has a high rating; so they're pleasing some crowd (I just ain't part of that crowd). I can't recall if they've purchased from me before or not; but I've never bought anything from them (for sure, since they've always priced their stuff high).

From what I recall, this seller's a flipper.  Something's ringing bells in my head about someone selling them an item at a reasonable price, only for it to show up on eBay a few days later with a ridiculously high BIN attached.

Not sure if the person who sold the item to them was on AA or not, but the eBay username is a giveaway.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, x=usr(1536) said:

From what I recall, this seller's a flipper.  Something's ringing bells in my head about someone selling them an item at a reasonable price, only for it to show up on eBay a few days later with a ridiculously high BIN attached.

Yeah, I watched them enough years ago to see they were doing that too.

I don't know if "flipper" is a strong enough term for someone like that (of which there are many out there). I used to turn good deals into profits by reselling, but always at a reasonable cost based on current market value. I'd call these kind of people a "ripper" or a "jipper". ;)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, MrFish said:

Yeah, I watched them enough years ago to see they were doing that too.

I don't know if "flipper" is a strong enough term for someone like that (of which there are many out there). I used turn good deals into profits by reselling, but always at a reasonable cost based on current market value. I'd call these kind of people a "ripper" or a "jipper". ;)

OOhhh,  Can I use these if I become a rapper?

"I used to be a flipper,

Now I'm a ripper,  a skipper,

A messed up little jipper"

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, x=usr(1536) said:

Not sure if the person who sold the item to them was on AA or not, but the eBay username is a giveaway.

If I recall correctly,  there's whole threads (here somewhere) ripping on said seller,....Whether he is aware of them or not...(I've always heard it's actually a he,  don't know for sure)...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

OOhhh,  Can I use these if I become a rapper?

"I used to be a flipper,

Now I'm a ripper,  a skipper,

A messed up little jipper"

Sure... you can add the terms flip ripper and flip jipper to your vocabulary too.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

If I recall correctly,  there's whole threads (here somewhere) ripping on said seller,....Whether he is aware of them or not...(I've always heard it's actually a he,  don't know for sure)...

Found one:

• Thanks 1

The Juice is strong with this one! Just when you think you've seen everything. Here is a nice 800XL owner's manual for the very reasonable price of $10.00. And $2,059 shipping! Even at the max weight of 70 pounds the USPS shipping calculator says $561.80 to go from coast to coast via Priority Mail. Does the manual weigh 300 pounds?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/315188094553

manual.jpg

• Haha 1

On 3/10/2024 at 10:49 PM, Houdini said:

Here we have an Ultra-Mega Super-Duper Ultra Rare Mr. Do!'s Castle. NOS and sealed! (But somehow also simultaneously open??) 🤔 Hard to pass up at only $3,000...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/134525146733 

mrdo.jpg

this seller is a liar because the instructions in French are also missing

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Houdini said:

The Juice is strong with this one! Just when you think you've seen everything. Here is a nice 800XL owner's manual for the very reasonable price of $10.00. And $2,059 shipping! Even at the max weight of 70 pounds the USPS shipping calculator says $561.80 to go from coast to coast via Priority Mail. Does the manual weigh 300 pounds?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/315188094553

manual.jpg

I contacted the seller, he didn’t realize he’d messed that up and he’s changed it. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...

This has to be a red flag warning one for an 800, load of photo's of screen shots, could be from any 800.

some photo's of an Incognito board, but not a single picture of the 800 itself.

In the description he says:-

**Some cracks in the casing have been fixed and it's structurally sound. These are around the back so not really noticeable at all. Usual light blemishes and scratches marks consistent with a 40 year old vintage computer. Price has been reduced from my usual asking price to reflect this**

I suspect the "some cracks" are more serious than he's saying, not worth the risk for £399.99

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/176340555289?

Edited by TGB1718
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, TGB1718 said:

This has to be a red flag warning one for an 800, load of photo's of screen shots, could be from any 800.

some photo's of an Incognito board, but not a single picture of the 800 itself.

In the description he says:-

**Some cracks in the casing have been fixed and it's structurally sound. These are around the back so not really noticeable at all. Usual light blemishes and scratches marks consistent with a 40 year old vintage computer. Price has been reduced from my usual asking price to reflect this**

I suspect the "some cracks" are more serious than he's saying, not worth the risk for £399.99

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/176340555289?

Not to mention that he has a screenshot of his eBay feedback in the item photos.  Anytime that crops up, run - don't walk - away.  Even if the seller is legit, they're probably a total nutter and will end up on your doorstep one day wanting to check up on the machine that they sold you.

On 3/10/2024 at 6:12 PM, _The Doctor__ said:

Gottah love that 'original' 'blow your nose on it kleenex tissue cartridge retaining packaging'

Guess it depends on who blew their nose with it.  Like if it was Taylor Swift...... 3k easy.

• Haha 1