IGNORED

Are People Crazy on Ebay???

DavidMil

3 minutes ago, MrFish said:

They're actually the cutaway-view machines, that allow you to see what the insides look like without taking them apart.

Actually, if you take part of the one and part of the other... uh... wait... no, never mind.

Peter Chainsaw GIF by Family Guy

• Like 2

This is ridiculous £100 - a penny  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/364739593167?itmmeta=01HQ0RNDPE4BTNNZ746NCMV5RN&hash=item54ec2c83cf

Also if you look at this sellers other items, I didn't see any tapes for any consoles below about £60, but he does say (A LOT) 

they are all rare or vary rare and as a bonus free postage BARGAIN !!!!!!!!   :0

1 hour ago, TGB1718 said:

This is ridiculous £100 - a penny  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/364739593167?itmmeta=01HQ0RNDPE4BTNNZ746NCMV5RN&hash=item54ec2c83cf

Also if you look at this sellers other items, I didn't see any tapes for any consoles below about £60, but he does say (A LOT) 

they are all rare or vary rare and as a bonus free postage BARGAIN !!!!!!!!   :0

$150.00 usd for that? insane in the membrane.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'm tempted to get an EBay account just to spoof these idiots and see if I could get so far out in left field that even Ebay says WTF and bans me.

Alterantively, I could spoof these idiots to provide this thread with a lifetime supply of content!

OK, I posted a thread about this in the forum but I guess I should have titled it better because nobody really looked at it so I'm posting the link here. Y'all have to check out this guys eBay store because I can't remember the last time I saw so many NIB games for the 2600. I wonder how long the seller has had all of these games and where the heck did they get them all from!? Take a look and tell me what you think.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?item=186259537050&rt=nc&_trksid=p4429486.m3561.l170197&_ssn=silius_parts

1 hour ago, bigfriendly said:

OK, I posted a thread about this in the forum but I guess I should have titled it better because nobody really looked at it so I'm posting the link here. Y'all have to check out this guys eBay store because I can't remember the last time I saw so many NIB games for the 2600. I wonder how long the seller has had all of these games and where the heck did they get them all from!? Take a look and tell me what you think.

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?item=186259537050&rt=nc&_trksid=p4429486.m3561.l170197&_ssn=silius_parts

Those look legit too. Good candidates to send in for grading if they are...

6 hours ago, leech said:

Haha, 425 for Raiders of the Lost Ark?  Maybe if we all bought a copy it could fund a fourth Indiana Jones movie?

I agree with you leech but it when it's NIB and graded 9.0 or higher it's crazy what people will pay. You get 6 copies of Raiders for $70 each and if you could get them autographed by Howard Scott Warshaw then have them graded think what that might bring. This is bought 8 days ago and there was another one that sold for almost $200 also. 

sealed raiders.jpg

12 hours ago, bigfriendly said:

I agree with you leech but it when it's NIB and graded 9.0 or higher it's crazy what people will pay. You get 6 copies of Raiders for $70 each and if you could get them autographed by Howard Scott Warshaw then have them graded think what that might bring. This is bought 8 days ago and there was another one that sold for almost $200 also. 

sealed raiders.jpg

I buy stuff to collect and occasionally play.  Not because it is rare and looks pretty and graded... the only system I try and make sure I get the full box and everything for is the Jaguar, since I still have most of it from when I bought it in '95.

Other than that, I try to stick to just carts, mostly due to space.  I think I have a decent amount of 5200 and a few 7800 carts.  2600 ones are just games I would play, or new releases.  So spending that much on a game is... a big no from me.

Haha, I was looking at Plate mail armor on ebay earlier though... apparently you can get a full suit for 1200-1900 bucks!

perhaps you don't know how the collectables game gets started with a core group buying at inflated prices from each other, and the transactions being nearly equaled out?

it's dirty but true, check out how the same players moved from a multitude of items, cards, cars, retro, etc.

it's a matter of record

Edited by _The Doctor__
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, _The Doctor__ said:

perhaps you don't know how the collectables game gets started with a core group buying at inflated prices from each other, and the transactions being nearly equaled out?

it's dirty but true, check out how the same players moved from a multitude of items, cards, cars, retro, etc.

it's a matter of record

Was that to me?  Yeah I watched the whole thing about the collectibles racket.  It's disgusting.  That's why I don't really consider myself a collector, more of a 'dude who buys random stuff, and by the time it shows up i wonder, 'why did I buy that again, I don't have time to actually use it...' so it sits in a box for a while until I find it again and think, "Oh yeah, I sort of remember ordering this..."

(see my collection of duplicate choplifter carts...)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just how rare are Adventure International games (the large format cassette based ones with internal poly packaging and cardboard sleaves, as opposed to standard small cassette versions)?

This seems a bit excessive at near £400, especially given it's condition. Even if it were mint I'd expect it to be an 8th of the asking price, or at a push a 4th.

OK, so these have best offer on them. I wonder if you offered say £30 whether the seller would jump at it? 

Not that I am going to. Just curious as to whether these are truly that rare. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/115135418640?

image.thumb.png.02adcaa49f7f3174ace85e6efd076820.png

Edited by Beeblebrox
  • Haha 1

On 2/18/2024 at 4:54 AM, TGB1718 said:

Not even sure it's any good for spares, if you look at all the photo's there's no RAM cards and also

one photo showing the shield, you can't see the CPU card which really is the main "spares" component.

Probably not even worth £50

At least he wouldn't have to pack it carefully :)

IF the Pokeys and keyboards are good, it is still actually worth around $200.  

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Beeblebrox said:

Just how rare are Adventure International games (the large format cassette based ones with internal poly packaging and cardboard sleaves, as opposed to standard small cassette versions)?

This seems a bit excessive at near £400, especially given it's condition. Even if it were mint I'd expect it to be an 8th of the asking price, or at a push a 4th.

OK, so these have best offer on them. I wonder if you offered say £30 whether the seller would jump at it? 

Not that I am going to. Just curious as to whether these are truly that rare. 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/115135418640?

image.thumb.png.02adcaa49f7f3174ace85e6efd076820.png

They are rare (I don't know if that means they should be rare and expensive though).  I have been actively collecting Atari computer stuff for the last 5  years and I just finally came across a lunar lander cassette in package for the atari 8 bit computers.  This is one of the first games that I bought with my own money back in the day so I really wanted to own it again.  Especially since I also have the full size arcade game also.  Nice 'circle of life' type of nostalgia thing!!!

• Like 1