IGNORED

Are People Crazy on Ebay???

DavidMil

• 2 weeks later...

What i don't get is the seller takes the time to either photo it with a decent background, or added a digital marble effect one.... but then doesn't see fit to wipe it down or clean it in any way!!! Not even a little bit. Then comically uses AI to create the discription which ironically states "The computer has not been modified and is in its original state, making it a valuable piece of history for fans of Atari..."

OMG!!

It's almost as if they hope grime and dust increases the value!!🤪

Seriously odd sellers on Ebay at times!! ;)

Edited by Beeblebrox
  • Haha 1

On 2/14/2024 at 6:16 PM, Houdini said:

Oh my! Look at this sexy beast here! Let me go and get my wallet.... 😬

It looks like they found it in the bottom of a bin at a thrift store and it had been down there for years!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Houdini said:

Ah, here we are. That replacement box I've been looking for! Per the seller (and I quote) “BOX ONLY. Used. Very worn. Inside is clean. Outside has considerable wear and damage.” Omagosh! Such a steal at $60.00 plus tax! 🤣🤣🤣

https://www.ebay.com/itm/155980357425

What a steal! $60 for a box? Shut up and take my money!

I recently picked up a completely pristine Educator pack with everything inside, looking absolutely brand new. Just needed to replace the belts on the 410 and was all set for $46 shipped. Got lucky on that one!

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Havok69 said:

I recently picked up a completely pristine Educator pack with everything inside, looking absolutely brand new. Just needed to replace the belts on the 410 and was all set for $46 shipped. Got lucky on that one!

Nice find. I feel like for every bad deal out there, there is also a good deal waiting to be discovered. It just takes time and patience to find it.

21 minutes ago, leech said:

Is that supposed to be some form of tragic art?

It looks like a tragic dumpster dive. I wonder what the value of all the chips together would be in GBP? Assuming they all worked, which is a big assumption.

dive.jpg

Edited by Houdini
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Beeblebrox said:

https://www..co.uk/itm/305400737205?

£350. ;)

Not even sure it's any good for spares, if you look at all the photo's there's no RAM cards and also

one photo showing the shield, you can't see the CPU card which really is the main "spares" component.

Probably not even worth £50

At least he wouldn't have to pack it carefully :)

• Like 2

On 2/17/2024 at 5:10 PM, Beeblebrox said:

s-l1600 (1).jpg

They're actually the cutaway-view machines, that allow you to see what the insides look like without taking them apart.

Actually, if you take part of the one and part of the other... uh... wait... no, never mind.