IGNORED

What have you ACTUALLY played tracker - Modern Edition (2022)

carlsson

X360 

Haunted House (2010) 35 

XOne 

Overcooked 2 248 

Spacelines from the Far Out 451

I focused on co-op gaming and played all of these with my wife.  We made it to the end of the run on "Spacelines" only to find out - that's it.  You can try again with upgraded equipment and different ships, but there is only one destination for your spaceliner no matter how many times you play.  Thank goodness the stops along the way are procedurally generated.

• Like 4

Apple iOS:

Duolingo - 47 minutes

Pikmin Bloom - 192 minutes

Nintendo GameCube:

Legacy of Kain: Blood Omen 2 - 45 minutes

Not a good game by any means, but not the worst.

Nintendo Switch:

Atari 50 - 20 minutes

CA969C97-03C8-4853-A2B8-B706F24A5846.thumb.jpeg.50d100f9f6f8a61b62b4dac35171f2b5.jpeg

All Quadratank.

Nintendo Wii:

Sea Monsters: A Prehistoric Adventure - 150 minutes

I always meant to try this despite the bad reviews. It’s pretty janky but as somebody who has played all of the underwater exploration games I have access to it scratched an itch. It would be hilarious how easy it is to die if not for how often it happens.

• Like 3

XBOX

Counter Strike - 120 min

Crimson Skies - 40 min

Mechassault - 90 min

Midtown Madness - 90 min

Ricky Ponting International Cricket 2005 - 60 min Played a match against my dad as we figured out how to play it :)

Tetris Worlds - 100 min

Unreal Championship - 60 min

XIII - 120 min

Zuma (Xbox Live Arcade) - 15

Insignia launched this week, so I've mostly just been playing original xbox games online (the ones supported at least).

• Like 5

Week 46

Top games

1. Relayer Advanced (PC) - 1631 min. (#1)
2. Persona 5 Royal (Switch) - 1200 min. (#2)
3. Signalis (PS5) - 645 min.
4. Atari 50: The Anniversary Celebration (Switch) - 500 min. (#3)
5. Spacelines From the Far Out (Xbox One) - 451 min.
6. Pokémon Scarlet (Switch) - 385 min.
7. Overcooked II (Xbox One) - 248 min.
8. Pikmin Bloom (iOS) - 192 min. (#4)
9. Sea Monsters: A Prehistoric Adventure (Wii) - 150 min.
10. Counter Strike (Xbox) - 120 min.
10. Retro Bowl (Android) - 120 min.
10. XIII (Xbox) - 120 min.

Top systems

1. Switch - 2117 min. (#2)
2. PC - 1631 min. (#1)
3. Xbox One - 699 min. (#8)
4. Xbox - 695 min. (#3)
5. PS5 - 645 min.
6. iOS - 239 min. (#4)
7. Android - 200 min. (#7)
8. PS4 - 166 min. (#6)
9. Wii - 150 min. (#9)
10. Gamecube - 45 min.

Total 6622 minutes and 29 different games (of which 11 new) on 11 different systems, with 8 participants.

The top two games remain in the same order as last week - Relayer Advanced just over 7 hours ahead of Persona 5 Royal. Since Relayer Advanced is the only PC game this week, the Switch takes over the throne on the systems list with a very close battle for places 3-5, less than one hour between those.

Both Relayer Advanced (PC) and Persona 5 Royal (Switch) enter the 50 hour club with totals of 3273 and 3240 minutes respectively. None of the top 30 games picked up any more minutes this week, so perhaps the upper natural limit will be somewhere around 15000 minutes for the future.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Relayer.

PC
Relayer Advanced - 2319

Why is this game so long? I'm still not done with the post-game stuff. The ending was absolutely beautiful, almost unfittingly so, given how safe the story was until that point... then the tone-deaf post-game stuff is like "oh, what if the game didn't actually end that way and some other stuff happened instead?", which made me not even want to play it for like a day after I finished it. It's like the devs had a bunch of stuff they didn't know how to add otherwise and they just tacked it on at the end because they didn't know what to do with it. Game is way too easy, but it seems that I unlocked a harder difficulty setting when I beat the game, so I may start a new save file soon to see if it's significantly better/more difficult.
Sonic Origins - 164

Edited by Steven Pendleton
oops, miscalculated somehow
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

Browser based:
Top&Tom - 27 min.

I stumbled into a thread in the Atari 2600 programming forum where Thomas Jentzsch is developing a variant of the browser game from 2021, since a straight port already had been released.

My best time so far is 1 min 13 sec.

Edited by carlsson
  • Like 3

PC 

Eternal Pinball RPG 56 

Pinball Arcade, 65 

Pinball FX2 50 

Pinball FX3 74 

Rebel Galaxy 380 

Zaccaria Pinball 58 

XOne 

Wheel of Fortune 44

More time with Rebel Galaxy this week.  It's a good game, but I can't tell how much time I want to spend with it.  We'll find out together next week - LOL

• Like 2

Apple iOS:

Duolingo - 45 minutes

Pikmin Bloom - 180 minutes

Nintendo Game Boy:

Ottifanten Pinball - 20 minutes

Nintendo Wii U:

Lego Dimensions - 60 minutes

PC:

Pro Pinball: Timeshock Ultra Edition - 45 minutes

Forgot to include this several weeks back, shoehorning it in now.

Trombone Champ - 130 minutes

Zaccaria Pinball - 45 minutes. (EDIT: added more time this morning)

Picked up a bunch of tables in the Steam sale.

Plug & Play: 

Jakks Pacific TV Games - Classic Arcade Pinball - 25 minutes

• Like 4

Week 47

Top games

1. Relayer Advanced (PC) - 2319 min. (#1)
2. Pokémon Scarlet (Switch) - 1860 min. (#6)
3. Persona 5 Royal (Switch) - 1320 min. (#2)
4. Signalis (PS5) - 600 min. (#3)
5. Rebel Galaxy (PC) - 380 min.
6. Zaccaria Pinball (Switch) - 210 min.
7. Pikmin Bloom (iOS) - 180 min. (#8)
7. Retro Bowl (Android) - 180 min. (#10)
9. Sonic Origins (PC) - 164 min.
10. Trombone Champ (PC) - 130 min.

Top systems

1. Switch - 3390 min. (#1)
2. PC - 3386 min. (#2)
3. PS5 - 600 min. (#5)
4. Android - 445 min. (#7)
5. iOS - 225 min. (#6)
6. Wii U - 60 min.
7. Xbox One - 44 min. (#3)
8. DS - 40 min.
9. Browser based - 27 min.
10. Dedicated Handheld - 25 min.
10. Plug & Play - 25 min.
12. GBA - 20 min.

Total 8287 minutes and 28 different games (of which 6 new) on 12 different systems, with 8 participants.

Relayer Advanced stays in first place, shadowed by the Switch duo Pokémon Scarlet and Persona 5 Royal. The systems list is very close with the Switch only 4 minutes ahead of the PC. None of the games enter the 50, 150 or 300 Hour clubs.

By the way @jgkspsx, the Blast Off Pinball V2 ends up here while Blast Off Pinball V1 ends up in the classic tracker.

In case anyone forgot to post, I'll add your times for next week.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

A sudden Rayman.

PC
Rayman Origins - 184

Keyboard support is completely broken on this, sadly. Use a controller or you'll get eyeball-destroying stuttering and sometimes your inputs won't be read properly on the keyboard so you can't even play the game properly. A shameful port of a great game, but it works fine if you have a controller.

Relayer Advanced - 1712

Apparently I did something weird because New Game+ did something really strange to everyone's levels, and instead of joining at the levels they are supposed to join at, everyone joined at level 1... that's a big problem considering that over half of the cast doesn't show up until right before the end of the game and you are forced to use everyone at one point. Anyway, it seems that NG+ breaks the game's difficulty completely, so now it's time for a proper third playthrough on the highest difficulty setting to see how it goes. Hopefully everyone will join at the proper levels next time.
Sonic Mania - 120

PS4
Battle Garegga Rev.2016 - 13
Twin Cobra - 25

Switch
Rayman Legends Definitive Edition - 294

PC version is region locked so I can't buy it, but I found a super cheap used Switch copy at the Book Off by my house. I'm playing the Japanese version, Rayman Legends for Nintendo Switch, which is a better title anyway since this isn't the definitive version of the game, and it seems to not have the patch that the NA and European versions have, so I'm guessing it's already included on the cart despite saying that the version number is 1.0.

• Like 4

Here are my times for this week (November 28th through December 4th, 2022) on modern systems (I didn't play any classic games this week):

Browser-based:

Gerald "Jerry" Lawson's 82nd Birthday (Goodle Doodle) - 10 min. in 2 sessions

Hero wars - 29 min.

This week I only played browser-based games for a change. First, there's a Google Doodle, Gerald Lawson's 82nd birthday. Since Gerald Lawson created the Channel F console, the doodle consists of some tile-based games which show similarity to the Challen F's graphics which you can also edit. The interesting thing about this is that they combine different play genred (overhead adventure, platformer and breakout) into one system, that is, depending on whether you place a top-down player, a platform player or a ball in the playfield (which is fully editable), you get a different kind of game.

Hero wars is an online game which is different to the ads running for it on Youtube. In the ads, you mostly see a play mechanic where the player has to defeat another character who has less hitpoints than the player, then the player collects the defeated opponent's hitpoints. Hovever, the actual game is quite different and basically much more complicated then this... it probably takes a while to understand all of its game mechanics, and I'm not there yet.

• Like 4

Browser-based: 

Gerald "Jerry" Lawson's 82nd Birthday (Google Doodle) 21 

PC 

Malzbie's Pinball Collection 72 

Rebel Galaxy 442 

Rollers of the Realm 25 

XOne 

Spider Heck 7 

I also played the Google Doodle a bit, and I spent a bunch more time in Rebel Galaxy.

• Like 3