IGNORED

What have you ACTUALLY played tracker - Modern Edition (2022)

carlsson

Week 35

Top games

1. Jurassic World Evolution 2 (PC) - 1560 min. (#1)
2. Tiny Tina's Wonderlands Adventure (Xbox Series X) - 1440 min.
3. No Man's Sky (PS5) - 1270 min. (#2)
4. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Cowabunga Collection (Switch) - 900 min.
5. Littlewood (Switch) - 630 min.
6. Retro Bowl (Browser based) - 316 min.
7. Donkey Kong Country: The Trilogy (PC) - 292 min.
8. Atari Masterpieces Vol I (Nokia N-Gage) - 190 min. (#10)
9. Retro Bowl (Android Phone) - 180 min. (#5)
10. Pikmin Bloom (iOS) - 165 min. (#4)

Top systems

1. PC - 1979 min. (#1)
2. Switch - 1675 min.
3. Xbox Series X - 1440 min.
4. PS5 - 1270 min. (#2)
5. Browser based - 320 min.
6. iOS - 299 min. (#3)
7. GBA - 255 min. (#5)
8. Nokia N-Gage - 190 min. (#6)
9. Android Phone - 180 min. (#4)
10. PSP - 65 min.

Total 7762 minutes and 35 different games on 15 different systems, with 9 participants.

Jurassic World Evolution 2 maintains first place, though with some tough competition from Tiny Tina (2h behind) and No Man's Sky (almost 5h behind). We have an amazing 15 different systems this week, of which two virtual (Pico-8 and Voxatron). The season best still is 18 systems from week #1 but it great diversity considering that systems like PS2, PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Wii, Wii U etc all were absent this week.

• Thanks 5

Browser Based 

Retro Bowl 225 

Pico 8 fantasy console (via browser) 

Masters of the Universe 25 

Stix 29 

X360 

Sensible World of Soccer 384 

XOne 

Assassin's Creed Black Flag 45

A bit more Retro Bowl and A LOT more Sensible Soccer (on multiple platforms).

• Like 5

PS4

Megaman Legacy Collection 2 : 35min

PS5

Panzer Dragoon Remake: 90min

No Mans Sky: 26hours 40min

No Mans Sky went mining and crafting for friend packages when Switch edition releases. Also crafted seeds to exit a terrible galaxy I ended up in.

20220907_223254.thumb.jpg.963339908eb8feb8d94346bf69d013e1.jpg20220908_143434_HDR.thumb.jpg.28d6ca0bb49a05de69315ab60470e921.jpg20220907_235528.thumb.jpg.784b77879bd099734ac0af2ed647996e.jpg

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Skippy B. Coyote said:

No modern gaming for me yet again this week, but I just fired up the Switch to play a new expansion for classic Doom this morning and it's pretty good so far, so I'll have some modern gaming time to contribute next week :)

I was trying to help @Skippy B. Coyote out by giving him more GamePass time, but I screwed it up - doh!  Stupid Xbox codes . . .

• Like 3

Week 36

Top games

1. Jurassic World Evolution 2 (PC) - 2376 min. (#1)
2. No Man's Sky (PS5) - 1600 min. (#3)
3. Littlewood (Switch) - 630 min. (#5)
4. Tiny Tina's Wonderlands Adventure (Xbox Series X) - 600 min. (#2)
5. Sensible World of Soccer (Xbox 360) - 384 min.
6. Pikmin Bloom (iOS) - 249 min. (#10)
7. Retro Bowl (Android) - 240 min. (#9)
8. Retro Bowl (Browser based) - 225 min. (#6)
9. Ms. Pac-Man Maze Madness (GBA) - 120 min.
10. Duolingo (iOS) - 92 min.

Top systems

1. PC - 2376 min. (#1)
2. PS5 - 1690 min. (#4)
3. Switch - 660 min. (#2)
4. Xbox Series X - 600 min. (#3)
5. Xbox 360 - 384 min.
6. iOS - 341 min. (#6)
7. Android - 300 min. (#9)
8. Browser based - 225 min. (#5)
9. GBA - 155 min. (#7)
10. Pico-8 - 54 min.

Total 6890 minutes and 21 different games on 13 different systems, with 8 participants.

Jurassic World Evolution 2 celebrates its third consecutive week as #1, almost 13 hours ahead of second placed No Man's Sky. The dinosaurs also make the PC the most played system despite only 1 entry. On the other hand, none of the systems had more than 3 entries (Switch, GBA) so the diversity is wide as indicated on the systems list.

No new entries to the 50, 150 or 300 Hour clubs. Some positions on the all-time list:

#18 Littlewood (Switch)

#36 Jurassic World Evolution 2 (PC)

#40 No Man's Sky (PS5)

#42 Tiny Tina's Wonderlands Adventures (Xbox Series X)

#48 Pikmin Bloom (iOS)

The cut-off at top 50 currently is 5819 min and is held by Shadow of the Tomb Raider (Xbox One).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Not as much time here as usual; suddenly and unexpectedly very busy at work, but I'm also working on something outside of work, as well, and that has taken a surprisingly large amount of time.

PC
Jurassic World Evolution 2 - 1,176

Almost done with everything now. Just 3 more Jurassic difficulty challenge maps left: Sorna, Nublar 2015, and Nublar 2018. After doing all of the regular challenge mode stuff on Jurassic for my first attempts, and the first 2 new challenge mode maps, I can say that challenge mode isn't actually challenging; in fact, it's actually pretty easy, and "time-consuming", "frustrating", and "tedious" are all far better adjectives than "challenging" is in this case.

PS4
Fairy Fencer F Refrain Chord - 444

Here it is, finally; unfortunately, it's probably the single worst strategy RPG I've ever played, as the maps are tiny and your movement is extremely limited, so the only real strategy is to not move at all from your starting position and try to not die. It's pretty easy, even on the highest difficulty, and lacking in variety and in things to interact with on the maps; no treasure, no environmental hazards, and it's written very poorly as well, at least as far as I have seen. Hopefully it redeems itself. I was supposed to also get the Switch version, but Amazon sent me the PS5 version instead for some reason... at this point I don't know if I will even bother attempting to get the Switch version that they should have sent me.

Switch
Shin Megami Tensei V - 509

Yes, it's back, and yes, I still do not think this game is as good as IV is at pretty much anything.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate - 29

• Like 4

This week I played:

Sonic 3D in 2D for PC - 84 minutes

Sonic World R9 rev 2 for PC - 106 minutes

Sonic World DX Version 1 for PC - 162 minutes

Progress:

Sonic 3D in 2D - started a file for the first time. I made it to Volcano Valley Act 2 but lost all my lives. This fan game looks cool but is very hard.

Sonic World R9 - continued my Knuckles-only file and played through the Sonic Heroes stages through the Sonic '06 stages

Sonic World DX Version 1 - started a file for the first time and played only as Sonic, getting 38 emblems. Wow the graphics are better than legacy Sonic World versions!

• Like 5

PS4 

Tempest 4000 - 25min

Don't Die Mr. Robot - 20min

PS5

No Mans Sky - 20 hours 30min

Progress: started a new base, visited some featured bases and realized I must really lack imagination with base building. Leveled up ships in my fleet and went pirate hunting.

Android

Fallout Shelter - 75min

• Like 3

Switch:
Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA Mega Mix -- 240 minutes
Kingdom Hearts: Melody of Memory -- 722 minutes
Littlewood -- 630 minutes
Panzer Dragoon: Remake -- 90 minutes
Zaccaria -- 210 minutes

Nothing really crazy this week for Modern Gaming.  I did pick up the Panzer Dragoon remake and beat it an hour later, lol; the other 30 minutes were spent dorking with post-game content.

I was on a rhythm game kick so spent some time playing Hatsune Miku and KH:MoM.  I had restarted my KH game over and cleared it in 9:22, then spent the remainder of the time finishing 'stars' to unlock One-Winged Angel as a song (you have to get 280 friggin' stars to do it).

• Like 4

Pico 8 (via browser) 

Phoenix 11 

X360 

Sensible World of Soccer 375 

***Ineligible***

Amiga 

Alfred Chicken 6 

Defender of the Crown 5 

Sensible World of Soccer 96/97 26 

Sensible World of Soccer 21/22 1020 

Wings 5 

Intellivision 

Masters of the Universe: The Power of He-Man 249 

Um . . . Sensi Soccer.  I found the updated version of this classic at SWOS United - SWOS 2020 (sensiblesoccer.de) and decided it was time to finally close this gap in my playing history.  This is a very difficult game to adjust to in 2022, but I think I'm at least an average player now.  I tested myself by winning a European cup tournament on XBox 360 (there was much screaming) and then started career mode on the Amiga version of Sensi 21/22.  I'm in my 3rd year of a career where I managed to get a club from the Faroe Islands into the UEFA Champions League - wow.  I think I may chuck that though and switch over to the PC version which has a lot of other updates you can take advantage of.

Something else I did this week was finally figure out WHDLoad.  I have been flipping disks in Amiga emulation forever, so it was time to understand how WHDLoad works.  I even wrote a little guide for it here:  https://forums.atariage.com/topic/316204-is-there-a-site-like-csdbdk-for-amiga/?do=findComment&comment=5123049

• Like 4

Apple iPhone:

Duolingo - 58 min

Pikmin Bloom - 77 min

Nintendo Wii U:

Lego Dimensions - 95 minutes. What am I willing to do in order to unlock a twenty game Williams/Midway/Atari Games arcade anthology (particularly rarities Badlands and Blasteroids)? Play two hours worth of extremely rote gameplay and submit to the humiliation of a toys to life device, apparently. At least the dialog is a little bit funny. But once the games are all unlocked I don’t think I will play any more of the “real” game. Kind of sad that Travelers’ Tales was reduced to a mill for producing these Lego collectathons. 

Nokia N-Gage 2.0:

Asphalt 3: Street Rules - 20 minutes 

Despite the greater horsepower of the N95 and the much more detailed and high-poly courses, this plays way worse (choppy and trivially easy) than the first two games on the N-Gage proper. Not an auspicious start to my exploration of the even more obscure and short-lived N-Gage 2 digital platform. I’m counting it as a different platform than Symbian as it required both a set of additional libraries and additional hardware support, and N-Gage 2.0 games won’t run on stock Symbian without those factors, but I defer to the maestro’s judgment.

Nokia Symbian:

Atari Retro - 10 minutes

Played Video Olympics/Pong Sports.

A couple games from an odd N-Gage branded but stock Symbian compatible collection called Nokia Games to Go:

Geopod - 20 minutes

This is the highlight of the compilation, a 3D racing game intended to rival wipEout. It doesn’t do that but for stock Symbian it’s very impressive. I don’t think it’s related to my favorite N-Gage game, System Rush, but it is very close to it in theme and visuals. (But not remotely close in gameplay, music, or framerate.)

Slurp - 10 minutes

The evergreen puzzle game that I have mostly played in Matthias Domin’s Jaguar and Lynx implementations called Clicks. I have no idea what the original game of this type was.

• Like 3

Week 37

Top games

1. No Man's Sky (PS5) - 1230 min. (#2)
2. Jurassic World Evolution 2 (PC) - 1176 min. (#1)
3. Doom Classic II: Anomaly Report (Switch) - 750 min.
4. Kingdom Hearts: Melody of Memory (Switch) - 722 min.
5. Littlewood (Switch) - 630 min. (#3)
6. Shin Megami Tensei V (Switch) - 509 min.
7. Fairy Fencer F Refrain Chord (PS4) - 444 min.
8. Sensible World of Soccer (Xbox 360) - 375 min. (#5)
9. Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA MegaMix (Intl. ver) (Switch) - 240 min.
9. Retro Bowl (Android) - 240 min. (#7)

Top systems

1. Switch - 3180 min. (#3)
2. PC - 1528 min. (#1)
3. PS5 - 1230 min. (#2)
4. PS4 - 489 min.
5. Xbox 360 - 375 min. (#5)
6 .Android - 345 min. (#7)
7. iOS - 135 min. (#6)
8. Wii U - 95 min.
9. GBA - 45 min. (#9)
10. Nokia Symbian - 40 min.
10. V.R. Technologies VT03 Famiclone - 40 min.

Total 7533 minutes and 32 different games on 13 different systems, with 8 participants.

With a margin just short of one hour, No Man's Sky passes Jurassic World Evolution 2 for the #1 spot. Places 3, 4, 5, 6, 9 belong to various Switch games, which gives it a superior top position on the systems list. This list also featurse an enhanced Famiclone which rightfully was listed in the classic tracker but since it improves upon the format with better graphics, was moved here.

No changes to the 50, 150 or 300 hour clubs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2