IGNORED

Jumping At Shadows - WIP Platform Game from Reboot-Games

CyranoJ

I did not know there was a demo at Reboot site until today.  Thanks for pointing that out.  Game does control really well.  Only had issue with the big boss at the end, perhaps he only gets hurt when looking away from the hero when you jump on his head.  I did defeat him, but took several tries.  Is the hero a frog guy?  I'm asking for my son.  Music and sounds are all on point.  Control scheme works great.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, grips03 said:

I did not know there was a demo at Reboot site until today.  Thanks for pointing that out.  Game does control really well.  Only had issue with the big boss at the end, perhaps he only gets hurt when looking away from the hero when you jump on his head.  I did defeat him, but took several tries.  Is the hero a frog guy?  I'm asking for my son.  Music and sounds are all on point.  Control scheme works great.

jump 4x on his head until he stuns, during stunt place a bomb near him.

It works in both directions.

The hero is human, he is wearing a green mask. ;-) His unofficial name is "moth".

• Like 4

I finally took some time to try this game and I really like it so far. It is very charming and fun. I really like the addition of the little "digital assistant" helpers to teach you abilities at the beginning of the game. They seem like they could have come right out of a MegaMan like universe. They have a lot of personality and they're fun. The game itself is very solid. The character moves nicely and the level designs are well thought out. I have nothing but praise right now. I wanted to find something to nit-pick  so that I could give some useful criticism but I'll have to sit with it longer for that. Great work so far!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Time for a progress update teaser: 

Highlights: 

- global CRY lighting system (lamp flickering, strobe, lightning)

- 5 new robots, e.g. Bouncerbot and wall rocket launcher (see screens)

- 26 levels designed

Video coming soon! 

Screenshot (541).png

Screenshot (537).png

Edited by agradeneu
  • Like 16
  • Thanks 3

15 hours ago, agradeneu said:

Don't tell anyone it is an ST game! 😂

Hey, nothing wrong with that. Droid was a surprisingly polished ST shareware/freeware title back in the day. I spent way too many hours playing it, and have wanted a game with some similarities on the Jag ever since. JAS is looking to be that game!

• Like 1

One of the initial influences/starting points for me was Micro Mages for NES, basically I imagined how it would look on the Jaguar as a simple platfomer.

The tilesets and the main character fit the bill. 

At some point we were pondering about including autoscroll levels. 

• Like 6