IGNORED

Wipeout Source Released. Would be fun to have on the Jag.

alucardX

On 2/7/2023 at 1:47 PM, XProger said:

But flash cart... it's not available anywhere and those who somehow got it tells about the sick price of $500. For comparison, I paid just $25 for 32X flash cart from AliExpress.

If you manage to find a Jaguar, of if someone can help you to get one. I have one spare skunkboard I can send to you (I received it the same week than the Jag GD, so I do not have real use of it, apart in convention where I prefer to use a skunk than a Jag GD - but this is not a big deal).

Only problem is that I don't know the status of French post to Russia.

I know Delivengo service (which I use for business) no more accept sending to Russia, and there are some restrictions on type of goods to export (not sure Atari Jaguar related ones are concerned, but as it depends on type of goods).

So maybe it would need some time to let the situation become normal again.

Edited by Fadest
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 2

• 3 weeks later...

Enough vodka plus 550 EUR and now I own an Atari Jaguar with a custom cartridge with 128 megs of storage and bank switching by 4 megs. So OpenLara or wipEout should fit perfectly. This cartridge is not as good for development as the skunk, but enough for start and the final build (stickers are ready! :). Now I'm digging through the documentation and SDKs demos, but it's unlikely that I'll be able to dive into Jag development before the summer.

Fadest thank you! If possible, keep it for a while until I get to the active phase of development and optimization. I'll look for payment and delivery methods.

image.thumb.png.fc8a5c65d9b2779dfc581fad1163f950.png

• Like 19

8 hours ago, XProger said:

Enough vodka plus 550 EUR and now I own an Atari Jaguar with a custom cartridge with 128 megs of storage and bank switching by 4 megs. So OpenLara or wipEout should fit perfectly. This cartridge is not as good for development as the skunk, but enough for start and the final build (stickers are ready! :). Now I'm digging through the documentation and SDKs demos, but it's unlikely that I'll be able to dive into Jag development before the summer.

Fadest thank you! If possible, keep it for a while until I get to the active phase of development and optimization. I'll look for payment and delivery methods.

This is AMAZING news!

8 hours ago, XProger said:

Fadest is a wizard!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, agradeneu said:

Fadest is a wizard!

Thanks you, but I have nothing to do with this Jaguar

@XProger I am keeping the skunk for you (it is on my shelf). Payment is easy as it is free for you. Consider it as a payment for your future work on Jaguar. Delivery is another problem though, as it seems it is not possible to send goods to Russia right now (I must check again, but I k,ow for sure Delivengo does not allow it asthey open a pop up window each time I connect, and I had to connect many times in the past days for GB Corp kickstarter postage)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Fadest said:

Delivery is another problem though, as it seems it is not possible to send goods to Russia right now (I must check again, but I k,ow for sure Delivengo does not allow it asthey open a pop up window each time I connect, and I had to connect many times in the past days for GB Corp kickstarter postage)

I've just found out something odd: The French homepage of DHL has a notification, that deliveries to Ukraine, Belarus and Russia are
not possible at the moment. But I could not find any notification about it on the German DHL page.
So obviously DHL France and DHL Germany have different rules currently?
(Or the Germans just missed to put it on their homepage...?)

I would guess there are delivery companies that send to Russia, but maybe there's no way but asking every single one.

Unbenannt.JPG

7 hours ago, Jones007 said:

I've just found out something odd: The French homepage of DHL has a notification, that deliveries to Ukraine, Belarus and Russia are
not possible at the moment. But I could not find any notification about it on the German DHL page.
So obviously DHL France and DHL Germany have different rules currently?
(Or the Germans just missed to put it on their homepage...?)

I would guess there are delivery companies that send to Russia, but maybe there's no way but asking every single one.

Unbenannt.JPG

German Post just says, no insurance for goods to Ukrania due to war and that there are customs problems with good _from_ Russia due to declarations in Cyrillic. But sending electronics may fall under export restrictions. So you need to find someone in a country that still does deny the war (like India) to forward it for you.

Edited by 42bs
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Jones007 said:

:)Homebrew itself is a grey-zone, afaik.
Because it means hacking / accessing a closed system that was never meant
to be accessed by non-official-devs.

Not so Jaguar/Lynx: Atari opened it years ago.

And pirating software (esp. if it is still sold at reasonable prices) is no grey zone.

Edited by 42bs
  • Like 4

To make things clearer: the site that was linked mentioned using the cartridge to make copies of homebrews, and specifically mentioned one (or several, I didn't read the details) which is only available as a physical cartridge sold by the developer. It also had download links for commercial and homebrew ROMs.

• Like 3

Tomb Raider on the Jaguar: Herculean effort involving months of suffering using hardware bought from dodgy places for very little gain.

Yup, sounds like a Russian thing.  Moral price of entry is too high for me.  I can't even bring myself to wish you good luck.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 1

Well, it makes sense to do thing in this order:
1 - Get empty cart cases

2 - Make labels for the carts

3 - Box art would be awesome

4 - Read the SDK

5 - Attempt to code for the 1st time on the platform.

That's definitely the way all successful projects are done.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, XProger said:

yep, it will be fun if the link to the Jaguar wipEout port will also be deleted at release, because of using the leaked source code )

The only reason it will get deleted is when it inevitably turns out looking like this:
v2.png.c3b1ac641bcbb175ae6d64c9d51c3f1c.

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, CyranoJ said:

Tomb Raider on the Jaguar: Herculean effort involving months of suffering using hardware bought from dodgy places for very little gain.

Yup, sounds like a Russian thing.  Moral price of entry is too high for me.  I can't even bring myself to wish you good luck.

It's running on the GBA!

42 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Well, it makes sense to do thing in this order:
1 - Get empty cart cases

2 - Make labels for the carts

3 - Box art would be awesome

4 - Read the SDK

5 - Attempt to code for the 1st time on the platform.

That's definitely the way all successful projects are done.

You forgot the controller overlays and promise of a light gun.

• Haha 5

23 minutes ago, Cyprian said:

hatred of nazi is not germanophobia

hatred of communists and putinists is not russophobia

OT.

There is no need to project hate, no matter how you label it for justification, on a member of AA because he is living in St. Peterburg.

Ok? Thanks. 

Edited by agradeneu
  • Thanks 2