IGNORED

A.R.T.I. [Done]

Muddyfunster

7 hours ago, tkarner said:

So the yellow screen of death I mentioned earlier is most likely not a problem with the game because I just got the same crash with another homebrew (Block'Em Sock'Em). Time to update the Drangonfly...

Yes sometimes a combination of Dragonfly and some consoles can have timing issues resulting in crashes. Updating the firmware to the latest version is a good idea.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, MegaManFan said:

Out of all of these A.R.T.I. and Block ‘Em were my favorites!

I made a comment about it on your YT channel as well, but basically you are just moving Bernie too slow on that first level to take out that last block. What I do is stay on the very top rung of the ladder waiting for the enemy to move past above me going left. I then immediately move up, go right and start jumping on the block and you will find there is enough time. If you find that one challenging, well then I will tell that much tighter timing is needed on the later levels and that first board is one of the easiest that exists. 

But yeah...just need to move Bernie faster than you were to have the time needed to get the blocks. Because NO, Bernie is just as you see him. It is a puzzle platformer and the main part of it is that you need to watch the enemy patterns to accomplish the goal of taking out each star block on the screen.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
15 minutes ago, Albert said:

A.R.T.I. will be making its debut at the Portland Retro Gaming Expo in October!  Here's a render of the beautiful box created by @Atariboy2600 (John Calcano):

7800_ARTI_Render_Boxes.jpg

If you're not able to attend the show, A.R.T.I. will be available in the AtariAge Store in November.

Looking good! Still hoping to attend PRGE and A.R.T.I. is on my list. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Albert said:

A.R.T.I. will be making its debut at the Portland Retro Gaming Expo in October!  Here's a render of the beautiful box created by @Atariboy2600 (John Calcano):

If you're not able to attend the show, A.R.T.I. will be available in the AtariAge Store in November.

This is a first day purchase for me. H.E.R.O. has been my favorite 2600 game since I got it for my birthday in 1985.

Edited by John Stamos Mullet
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, Albert said:

@Atariboy2600 Box art looks spectacular! Looking forward to purchasing another incredible 7800 title from @Muddyfunster and the MuddyVision team! 🤘

• Like 5

A few little updates for A.R.T.I.

Since the last demo there have been a lot of changes and updates to the game engine and a new demo build is with the testing group.

If everything goes ok, this will likely be the final public demo.

Notable changes :

• Collisions improved on Egypt spike walls to be accurate.
  • Two new traps added. They start to appear towards the end of the Aztec levels and into the Egypt levels.
  • Laser code -  you can no longer shoot enemies through walls, you have to destroy the wall first.
  • Laser code - beasties on the other side of the screen should no longer randomly die if not struck by a laser (bug fixed - happier beasties).
  • Dynamite can be used on any screen, not just screens with a wall (Safeties are off!).
  • Snakes can no longer be killed when "hiding" or not visible (happier snakes).
  • Lots and lots of code optimisations (lots)
  • Egypt Fuse flicker, fixed to use correct colours.
  • Dynamite code completely rewritten - dynamite is now more efficient when exploding and dynamite now kills beasties and walls, and beasties through walls.
  • Bonus score code refined to be a little more generous with regard to remaining dynamite.
  • The Kraken has been released...
  • Jetpack SFX now sounds more jett-ish.

Further update soon!

• Like 12

5 minutes ago, Dan Iacovelli said:

anxiously waiting for the next update to A.R.TI. just played it last night for the Atari Homebrew High score contest I played on a7800 because concerto doesn't work.
I rarely shoot through walls to kill the enemies over all its going be fun game.

The next (and likely final) public demo will be very soon!

• Like 1

Expecting to release the new public demo on Saturday.

I think @ZeroPage Homebrew might be previewing it on Friday's steam and I'll drop the download on Saturday (Friday evening if I get the chance). 

In addition to the changes noted above, there have been a few more tweaks :

• Jetpack replaced. The new fangled  jetpack that the A.R.T.I. team were using was just not good enough, the apprentices were going through the roof (literally). So we've reverted to an older tried and tested retro model. Yes it looks like came from a 1960's B movie, but it works.
  • Jetpack SFX now sounds even more jett-ish.
  • Arty, is now able to change facing in a tight crevasse or tunnel.
  • Many balance and positional changes for enemies and environmental elements.
  • A few more scoring tweaks to make higher levels more rewarding.

• Like 6

ZeroPage Homebrew is playing A.R.T.I. on tomorrow's ZPH stream LIVE on Twitch, hope you can join us!

Games:

WATCH AT 1080P FOR BEST QUALITY

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, ZeroPage Homebrew said:

ZeroPage Homebrew is playing A.R.T.I. on tomorrow's ZPH stream LIVE on Twitch, hope you can join us!

Games:

20230915-LetsPlay.thumb.jpg.75690b995f5d83d86212ec617717419c.jpg

It's MuddyVision Day. Be there or be square!

• Like 3

A new demo of A.R.T.I. is available !

This is public demo 3. This is to the demo that @ZeroPage Homebrew showcased on Friday's stream.

Just to recap :

• Full list of changes in the posts above
  • NTSC Only (Will run on PAL but it's not tuned / coloured for PAL)
  • High Score Cart / SaveKey/ AtariVox support for saving highscores
  • Functioning options page (TIA settings aren't 100% dialed in yet)
    • Music on / off
    • CRT Mode on / off (turns off the background if you find it distracting)
    • TIA volume level.
  • Mega7800 + SNES2Atari support
    • Use the START button on your pad to pause / unpause.
    • Use button C on Megadrive pads to fly 
    • Use button X/Y on SNES pads to fly
  • Improved collision detection.
  • Recommended : 7800GD, Dragonfly, MiSTer, A7800V5.2+, ARGON, JS7800.

Enjoy :) 

ARTI_PublicDemo3.a78

• Like 8

On 9/16/2023 at 11:24 AM, Dan Iacovelli said:

Thanks for update will make changes on HSC and update the score for ATRI

just a heads up AH HSC is using  A.R.T.I.'s latest rom is still going its scheduled to end  on Sept 19th but there is a chance I'll extend for another 10 days as it has been slow
click here to go to A.R.T.I HSC

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

A.R.T.I. has gone "Gold" I think the saying is :) (AKA the ROM will be winging its way to Al shortly for cartridgisation

I managed to squeeze in a few extra little surprises including a timer for those folks that are that way inclined (for speed running). 

Probably have a bit more to say in the next few days :)

• Like 13

• 1 month later...

A friend popped round with his VCS last night and showed me A.R.T.I.
I love how it has the 7800 feel on the VCS., and it's a great update to one of my fave 2600 games. Plays so well and even my wife wanted to have a go!
@Muddyfunster   Do you know when a rom will be available for purchase for the 7800GD?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mimo said:

A friend popped round with his VCS last night and showed me A.R.T.I.
I love how it has the 7800 feel on the VCS., and it's a great update to one of my fave 2600 games. Plays so well and even my wife wanted to have a go!
@Muddyfunster   Do you know when a rom will be available for purchase for the 7800GD?

Very soon! (as in, most likely the next couple of weeks).

Glad you liked it :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

ZeroPage Homebrew presents...

20231212-AtariAgeDay-A.R.T.I.thumb.jpg.033318ecc95ba2d4a85d62b8bffe502c.jpg

Sun Dec 17, 2023 @ 12PM PT | 3PM ET | 8PM GMT
WATCH LIVE: https://twitch.tv/zeropagehomebrew/

WATCH LATER: https://youtube.com/zeropagehomebrew/

On Sunday December 17, 2023 ZeroPage Homebrew will be interviewing the developers of every single new physical release coming to the AtariAge store! Join us LIVE on Twitch while we unbox all the new Atari 2600, 5200, 7800, Jaguar and Lynx games and talk with the incredibly talented Atari community members about their games! Get your questions ready for the devs and following along in the Twitch chat as we pop in each of the 22 new releases into our Atari consoles!

NEW GAME RELEASES

Atari 2600: Berry Fun!, Bot&Tom, Caramujo, ElectroBall, Game of the Bear 2 Much To BearImmunity!, Penult, Quantum Tunnel, Robot Zed

Atari 5200: Scorch

Atari 7800: A.R.T.I., Death Merchant, E.X.O., Harpy's Curse, Millie and Molly, Oozy the Goo - Gaiden, Plumb Luck DX

Atari Jaguar: Defender of the Crown, Novagen Volume 1, Rocket Ranger
Atari Lynx: Growing Ties Deluxe, Odynexus

• Like 4