IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

41 minutes ago, mr_me said:

1) What does "on the launch pad" mean.  Does it mean the product is ready to go to manufacturing. 

2)If that's what it means than why are they asking Republic/Fig investors for money? 

1) That's exactly what it means. The rocketship has been built. That means it is all ready. Hardware, OS, store backend, pack in games.

2) You know some people tried to say they were taking money and that the console wasn't ready to be launched during the Fundable campaign. You claimed them saying the OS, backend, and games not being done was because "it never truly is".

Glad to see you finally starting to understand what on the launchpad means. And they didn't ask from just Fig/Republic they also did Fundable and StartEngine. 

Asking a question like why are they taking money may have just landed you in the hater folder. ?

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, MarioMan88 said:

Appalling….incredibly appalling. I’m still not sure how to even describe it to my friends who I even mentioned it to back when I was excited. Which seems like decades ago. 

It's like death by a thousand papercuts. There were so many things wrong and so many red flags you can't cover it all in a succinct manner. You just had to be there at the beginning to see it all to fully understand.

I find this whole thing interesting from a sociological and psychological perspective. It has turned out to be an entertaining dumpster fire.

• Like 2

On 7/6/2022 at 10:10 PM, Lathe26 said:

To be blunt, the first reply is a mess, especially with all the false assumptions and tangential comments...

... but the 2nd reply fixes things.  The snippet you're referring to in Smash JT's video is very likely the quote I am remember, though I'm not certain if JT included the whole quote or not.

That said, I was not able to find the original complete source of the quote JT used when I went through Pat's entire Amico playlist a few months back.  One quirk of the quote is that Pat says it alone without Ian present.  Smash JT's (now sketchy) video was uploaded Sep 20, 2019.  The only no-Ian video in the playlist before that date doesn't have the quote.

Barring anything new surfacing, I'm going to go with that what I was recalling was composed of 50% of what Pat said mixed 50% with JT putting extra words into Pat's mouth.

It appears that the above post was missed by some folks, so I'll restate and extend for the public record:

1. Pat the NES Punk did not make the quote I initially claimed he did.
  2. What other folks and I were remembering was a SmashJT video that incorporated a real but different quote from Pat.  SmashJT then stuffed extra words through video cuts and angry insinuation.  I bought into the video's false claims about Pat.
    (video is https://youtu.be/46Y-QvGrHV0?t=540, pertinent portion at timestamp 9:00)
  3. For my actions above, I apologize to Pat.

Minor: I am still curious about the source of Pat's real quote since it has not been found in the Amico playlist.  This is only see the larger context of Pat was actually saying for my own self-education.  Seeing (or not seeing) the original quote's source doesn't change any of the above.

• Like 3

Pat and Ian were right about the Amico and Tallarico. I’m glad to see people finally wised up to that. I just even brought this up in the website issues forum and got shut down. Then the Amico forum got shut down. Vindication is sweet. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Lathe26 said:

Minor: I am still curious about the source of Pat's real quote since it has not been found in the Amico playlist.  This is only see the larger context of Pat was actually saying for my own self-education.  Seeing (or not seeing) the original quote's source doesn't change any of the above.

It was from a Twitch livestream and not a CUPodcast segment about Amico. He was talking about Chameleon and not Amico.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, MarioMan88 said:

Appalling….incredibly appalling. I’m still not sure how to even describe it to my friends who I even mentioned it to back when I was excited. Which seems like decades ago. 

Don't feel bad, you're not the only one.  I was initially excited for the Amico and told a neighbor all about it in the early days... then I stopped talking about it with him for ~2 years as the Amico drama increased... then ~5 months ago I gave him the bad news that it isn't coming out.

• Like 4

We live in a world with unparalleled information at our fingertips and we choose to not simply watch videos where fat, aged nerds sit around and talk about plastic and silicon toys, but instead choose videos where fat, aged nerds sit around and talk about what OTHER fat, aged nerds sat around and said about what THEY may have sat around and said previously about such plastic and silicon toys.

What a time to be alive. The fact that such videos can exist is evidence that truly we have reached Utopia. Or at least that Utopia is truly on the launchpad. (GET IT? UTOPIA? BECAUSE IT WAS AN INTELLIVISION GAME? TOPICAL HUMOR!)

• Haha 7

7 minutes ago, mike99mccarthy said:

At this point… why do I keep seeing people hold out hope that the console will still come out? Like the damn offices are completely vacant and up for rent. Just buy an original intellivision or the flashback. I promise you’ll have a lot of fun with it!!

No, see, the offices are empty because they haven’t started their real marketing yet. See, there’s this launchpad and when production starts…

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, MrBeefy said:

2) You know some people tried to say they were taking money and that the console wasn't ready to be launched during the Fundable campaign. You claimed them saying the OS, backend, and games not being done was because "it never truly is".

We were talking about the Republic/Fig campaign that went between April 2020 and April 2021.  They were showing in progress development of packin games throughout that campaign.  Talked about the pandemic interfering with hardware development.  The Republic/Fig page made it clear that that money, or at least much of it, was for product development.

Fundable went up around summer/fall 2021 after they postponed their October release date, I believe.  The page was just an invitation for accredited investors to contact IE.  Fundable wasn't collecting investments, so investors would do their due diligence as they deal directly with Intellivision Entertainment.  The fundable page claimed hardware 100%, os 90%, packins 95%, backend 80%.  There were two versions of cornhole, there were system features that may or may not make it to the final product, e.g. online leaderboards.  Maybe they could have put a console into manufacturing while they finished the backend systems.  That's if they had a manufacturer, components, and the financing.

Edited by mr_me
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, mike99mccarthy said:

At this point… why do I keep seeing people hold out hope that the console will still come out? Like the damn offices are completely vacant and up for rent. Just buy an original intellivision or the flashback. I promise you’ll have a lot of fun with it!!

There's always scope for someone to buy it up at the bankruptcy auction and finish the job off. ?

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

We live in a world with unparalleled information at our fingertips and we choose to not simply watch videos where fat, aged nerds sit around and talk about plastic and silicon toys, but instead choose videos where fat, aged nerds sit around and talk about what OTHER fat, aged nerds sat around and said about what THEY may have sat around and said previously about such plastic and silicon toys.

What a time to be alive. The fact that such videos can exist is evidence that truly we have reached Utopia. Or at least that Utopia is truly on the launchpad. (GET IT? UTOPIA? BECAUSE IT WAS AN INTELLIVISION GAME? TOPICAL HUMOR!)

wall-e GIF

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Remember when the pandemic and working from home and not in an office was (part of) the excuse for delays etc?

Now with all the offices abandoned, how will the Amico ever get finished and launch?  From a storage unit or garage?  Maybe, didnt Apple start in a garage…

• Haha 5

7 hours ago, Lathe26 said:

It appears that the above post was missed by some folks, so I'll restate and extend for the public record:

1. Pat the NES Punk did not make the quote I initially claimed he did.
  2. What other folks and I were remembering was a SmashJT video that incorporated a real but different quote from Pat.  SmashJT then stuffed extra words through video cuts and angry insinuation.  I bought into the video's false claims about Pat.
    (video is https://youtu.be/46Y-QvGrHV0?t=540, pertinent portion at timestamp 9:00)
  3. For my actions above, I apologize to Pat.

We have all misremembered things at one time one time or another. I know I have! Nice clarification. ?

• Like 6

As of Feb 2021 (based on video upload date) the Intellivision HQ office had not even really been moved into yet. Just a couple people.

The office was used for how long? Maybe 1 year?

Are upstart office tours a normal thing? Very odd.

Abandoned Intellivision office pics in this listing.

https://www.loopnet.com/Listing/1840-1856-Carnegie-Ave-Santa-Ana-CA/25345532/

75DF1BC8-D046-4A31-863A-E0AD8BC25083.jpeg

Now we can see where a large part of investor and preorder money went to. This is just rent, on 1 office, not furnishings or remodel expenses. 1500/1600 per day in rent is peanuts!

A7D2E3EB-DFC9-43DB-822C-B7DB6B3DC253.jpeg

Edited by Rev
  • Like 1

It's on the launchpad:

18026571_303.thumb.jpg.203826c7d03995450fca3633662f96b3.jpg

I don't have anywhere near a complete picture on the financial status of the company, but it sounds like they're in a bigger hole than they were, say, a year ago, such that any new investors would have a much higher barrier to achieve to make any money.

• Like 3

Despite all the history and mistakes, being a life long Intellivision fan, I still hope Phil Adam will come through and get the Amico released and be somewhat a success. Its a long and difficult road ahead for them. Just wanted to out this out there.

Edited by Rev
  • Like 3

19 hours ago, Rev said:

Hypothetical question. If an electronic product such as Amico, is only ever made in a small batch, and shipped straight to customer direct, never going to a retail store (online or brick/mortar) would it still need to pass all FCC/CE/UL safety?

In practical terms, what recourse would the FCC (etc.) have against a defunct company that "shipped" a product without authorization?  Any penalty would be meaningless as there is no longer a corporate body against which to levy it. 

7 hours ago, mr_me said:

Maybe they could have put a console into manufacturing while they finished the backend systems.  That's if they had a manufacturer, components, and the financing.

Um if their OS was ready that would be one reason to not manufacture. Unless you want them to ship out busted consoles from the start.

Either way Tommy and co lied and embellished their progress. Fundable shows how big the lie was in 2020.

1 hour ago, 5-11under said:

It's on the launchpad:

18026571_303.thumb.jpg.203826c7d03995450fca3633662f96b3.jpg

I don't have anywhere near a complete picture on the financial status of the company, but it sounds like they're in a bigger hole than they were, say, a year ago, such that any new investors would have a much higher barrier to achieve to make any money.

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1909726/000166516022000236/offeringmemoformc.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwiQ-dqFxvj4AhX6CTQIHaMXBRcQFnoECAYQAQ&usg=AOvVaw1CobXGJ_EhlHeBIHrsPYMY

This is the SEC docs showing how bad off they've been.

• Like 1

If Fundable advised investors that they are still working on Amico system software.  And prior to that, the Republic/Fig web page advised investors that funds are to be used for Amico development, where's the lie?  If you go to a judge with only "it's on the launchpad", you don't have a case.

Edited by mr_me
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

Um if their OS was ready that would be one reason to not manufacture. Unless you want them to ship out busted consoles from the start.

Either way Tommy and co lied and embellished their progress. Fundable shows how big the lie was in 2020.

https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/data/1909726/000166516022000236/offeringmemoformc.pdf&ved=2ahUKEwiQ-dqFxvj4AhX6CTQIHaMXBRcQFnoECAYQAQ&usg=AOvVaw1CobXGJ_EhlHeBIHrsPYMY

This is the SEC docs showing how bad off they've been.

Yep. Cant have it both ways. Either the backend/OS was completed or not.  We all know it wasnt. Is it now, 2 years later after Amico was supposed to be in actual production/manufacturing?   Who knows. 

Just take that in for a minute. 

Amico should of been on the assembly line just about TWO YEARS ago. July-ish 2020 to meet the 10/10/2020 launch.

Many other consoles have released, Evercade is working on their 3rd console now. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, mr_me said:

If Fundable advised investors that they are still working on Amico software.  And prior to that, the Republic/Fig web page advised investors that funds are to be used for Amico development, where's the lie?

Pssst... remember the "launchpad" talk?

3 minutes ago, mr_me said:

If Fundable advised investors that they are still working on Amico software.  And prior to that, the Republic/Fig web page advised investors that funds are to be used for Amico development, where's the lie?

Well one was that crowdfunding wasnt going to be used. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Rev said:

Many other consoles have released, Evercade is working on their 3rd console now. 

If you believe this comes down to s/w, then don't forget the relationship established with RetroGames Ltd.

You're talking about a door opening to thousands of completed games through the sublicensing.