IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

12 hours ago, jerseystyle said:

Or that all refund requests would be honored. 

11 hours ago, mr_me said:

They did refund deposits on request for two years, until they ran out of money. 

You do realize your response said they did not honor all refund requests. 

When they said all refund requests would be honored, there was no "except if we run out of money."  I don't get now coming up with reasons to try to justify them not doing what they clearly said they would do

Edited by rayik
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, mr_me said:

From the beginning they listed consultants and people contracted as part of the team.  The Republic page even specifically said it's not limited to employees.  My understanding is that Allard was on a three month contract.  He came late in the development cycle and contributed with his feedback.  He probably contributed more than some others.  Anyone who was there and contributed was part of the team.

As per Figs response to the SEC, J. Allard had "no material role" with the Amico

• Like 3

They certainly picked a few big names early on and many of them jumped ship. Either they were just brought on for name recognition to get more interest in funding (many companies do this type of bait and switch). Or the people saw the effort as not good and left early.

J Allard was certainly one of the worst offender situations. Because they were touting him in investor pitches even when he was pretty much gone. And he was probably the biggest name they had.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

Ahh, more fat, aged nerds sitting around talking about what other fat, aged nerds said about things. UTOPIA HAS LAUNCHED.

I have no real love for TT but man he lives rent free in people's heads sometimes.

But have you seen him in the chicken suit?  

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, ashtonm said:

They certainly picked a few big names early on and many of them jumped ship. Either they were just brought on for name recognition to get more interest in funding (many companies do this type of bait and switch). Or the people saw the effort as not good and left early.

J Allard was certainly one of the worst offender situations. Because they were touting him in investor pitches even when he was pretty much gone. And he was probably the biggest name they had.

What about that lady from Nintendo?  Was she just another name for a promo video…..Likely so

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, Rev said:

What about that lady from Nintendo?  Was she just another name for a promo video…..Likely so

She didn't seem to last long either. Not sure what was up with all that. Seemed strange to me at the time. Like a bad sign. but also could have just been for marketing purposes. 

I've seen that before in work I do. People have a proposal and list a bunch of names...but when they win the proposal 50% of the big names never come on board. 

IE also seems to have a lot of unpaid advisors who did very little work for them. Again, probably just getting names to put on marketing.

Honestly I would not doubt a lot of people invested because of the big names they had on board which left soon after.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

Ahh, more fat, aged nerds sitting around talking about what other fat, aged nerds said about things. UTOPIA HAS LAUNCHED.

I have no real love for TT but man he lives rent free in people's heads sometimes.

Yeah, for real!  I’m all for some discussion, ball busting, point and laugh, and all that jazz, but some of these guys seem to have a disturbing obsession with TT (and the Amico fiasco in general)

Just scrolling through threads like these you can see some users rarely miss an hour without letting everyone know that their stance on Amico is still “nay!”  often with a lengthy post complete with well researched documentation, facts, and videos.

That reminds me -- didn't Nintendo used to have popups reminding players to take a break, go outside, have a life?  Or was that just certain games?  Or maybe I'm misremembering entirely.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, Razzie.P said:

That reminds me -- didn't Nintendo used to have popups reminding players to take a break, go outside, have a life?  Or was that just certain games?  Or maybe I'm misremembering entirely.

I think it is just certain games and I don't really recall seeing it much on the Switch. I feel like it was the Wii and NDS that I remember seeing that.

If you want to do something outside you can come help weed my garden.

A small run of rain has made the weeds grow like weeds. They are so thick in the watermelon plants that a cute baby bunny was "nesting" in there until it got hit with the hose water. The cute sucker was less than 3 feet from me and didn't move until the water hit it. It will be interesting to see if it's hanging around tomorrow morning.

But anyways, if you come help me finish I will provide a brewski and grill some meats for the help. :P

*edit: or go fishing ? 

Edited by MrBeefy
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

Animal Crossing did this - pop up reminders and your neighbors would tell you to save and go outside. That was great!

You know I don't remember seeing that much or if at all on the Switch one. Could be more because I feel like they needed the villagers personalities and I didn't talk to them as much?

• Like 1

Yeah, it was only the first one from what I remember. It generally only came up if you'd been playing for at least two hours if I recall.

I haven't played any of the new ones. My heart got broken when Curly the pig, my favorite neighbor, moved away in the original and I couldn't save scum him back. COME BACK CURLY! No Animal Crossing will ever be the same....sniff sniff

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

35 minutes ago, Razzie.P said:

Yeah, for real!  I’m all for some discussion, ball busting, point and laugh, and all that jazz, but some of these guys seem to have a disturbing obsession with TT (and the Amico fiasco in general)

Just scrolling through threads like these you can see some users rarely miss an hour without letting everyone know that their stance on Amico is still “nay!”  often with a lengthy post complete with well researched documentation, facts, and videos.

Typical deflection...we're all on a forum here. What are forums for? hmm...

58 minutes ago, Rev said:

I believe she (and her business partner at Zebra Partners) contributed to some of the early press releases, but then left to focus on her family. Also neither had been working directly at Nintendo for about 12 years at that point except if they still did occasional freelance perhaps.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, mr_me said:

You don't have to imagine, you can just ask.

Regarding Amico Astrosmash, from what we've seen I think the difficulty increases with each level, and there are options to play specific levels.

To have something play like Astroblast with a paddle controller on a modern system, you'd need a similar controller.

Well,  a Loooong time ago,  I could swear I asked if you had a FE on order or were perhaps an investor?  I don't recall you answering.  Now,  I know for a fact my memory sucks,  and I may have missed a response too,...Or you may not have seen it.

I am kind of curious.  And you are under no obligation to answer...But,...Well, Are you an investor in this?   Or did you at least have a pre-order?  It's all good either way.  If so,  I really don't want you to lose money, believe me...And we're having a lot of fun over here,  most of it is not directed at you, per se,  but at the whole deal...and some seeing defenders (or people who believed the CEO's lies) as people who won't give up hope no matter how much writing is on the wall...And again I take no pleasure in thinking people, especially people on AtariAge, have been ripped off.

6 hours ago, Rev said:

Switch has a few good years left of good sales too. I would guess final sales around 130million?   

Probably even more; it should sell another 20-30 million units just in 2022 so it should reach that number next year. It will mostly depend on if Nintendo chooses to release a new system or just a new Switch model in the next years. But since a new system would probably be fully backwards compatible with the Switch, it will make numbers even blurrier...

2 hours ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

I haven't played any of the new ones. My heart got broken when Curly the pig, my favorite neighbor, moved away in the original and I couldn't save scum him back. COME BACK CURLY! No Animal Crossing will ever be the same....sniff sniff

Same here with Choco the duck, bro. ? Maybe we could share our Animal Crossing vets stories. ?️ (I just realized there's no salute emoji - weird)

Salute GIF

• Like 1

8 hours ago, rayik said:

You do realize your response said they did not honor all refund requests. 

When they said all refund requests would be honored, there was no "except if we run out of money."  I don't get now coming up with reasons to try to justify them not doing what they clearly said they would do

Of course.  Hopefully they'll be able to correct that.  That's not justification, it's the reason.  And as has been discussed before, put your money in a risky business, your money is at risk.  If a company goes under owing you money, that's the way it is.

8 hours ago, rayik said:

As per Figs response to the SEC, J. Allard had "no material role" with the Amico

As has been said, he came late in the product development cycle.  SEC would be concerned if his leaving would have a negative impact on the ability of the company to release the product.  If that were the case, investors would need to know, but it wasn't.  Doesn't mean he didn't make contributions.

6 hours ago, MattPilz said:

I believe she (and her business partner at Zebra Partners) contributed to some of the early press releases, but then left to focus on her family. Also neither had been working directly at Nintendo for about 12 years at that point except if they still did occasional freelance perhaps.

They consulted with Zebra Partners, a couple of former Nintendo people, to establish and budget a marketing plan.  Perrin Kaplan was with Nintendo for fifteen years, twelve as director of corporate affairs, according to Wikipedia.  The woman that left the company was their fulltime marketing manager, formerly of Mattel.  Different people.

Edited by mr_me

7 hours ago, Cebus Capucinis said:

Me and Bob were besties in the GameCube one. My wife found it funny how I went on mission "get Bob in our town". I finally did, it was a great day. I hope in the next one they put a little more of the personality back into the villagers.

10 hours ago, rayik said:

1 hour ago, mr_me said:

As has been said, he came late in the product development cycle.  SEC would be concerned if his leaving would have a negative impact on the ability of the company to release the product.  If that were the case, investors would need to know, but it wasn't.  Doesn't mean he didn't make contributions.

Don't care to speculate as to what SEC concern was.  FIG statement "no material role" means his contributions did not have a meaningful impact on the Amico. 

Not trying to deliberately be disagreeable. But in reading through tons of posts in the old thread, a recurring theme was people "assuming" what IE was doing or meant without having any actual knowledge of it.  Then basing their rosy conclusions on their assumption.  Here whether meant or not, the statement implies the SEC had an intention with their clarification request and then interpreting Figs response on that assumption.

On this topic the only thing that matters is Figs statement that J. Allard had "no material role" with Amico.  "No material role" means just that.  He did not do anything material in the development and marketing of the Amico.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, rayik said:

Don't care to speculate as to what SEC concern was.  FIG statement "no material role" means his contributions did not have a meaningful impact on the Amico. 

Not trying to deliberately be disagreeable. But in reading through tons of posts in the old thread, a recurring theme was people "assuming" what IE was doing or meant without having any actual knowledge of it.  Then basing their rosy conclusions on their assumption.  Here whether meant or not, the statement implies the SEC had an intention with their clarification request and then interpreting Figs response on that assumption.

On this topic the only thing that matters is Figs statement that J. Allard had "no material role" with Amico.  "No material role" means just that.  He did not do anything material in the development and marketing of the Amico.

No need to speculate, this is the concern.  "Please clarify the Company’s disclosure regarding J Allard’s status and whether any change in that status has had or may have a material effect of the development of the Amico game console."  Allard not being essential to the project doesn't mean he didn't contribute anything meaningful.

There's definitely a lot of speculation going on in Amico discussion.  Unfortunately, speculation often gets more speculation as a response.

47 minutes ago, mr_me said:

No need to speculate, this is the concern.  "Please clarify the Company’s disclosure regarding J Allard’s status and whether any change in that status has had or may have a material effect of the development of the Amico game console."  Allard not being essential to the project doesn't mean he didn't contribute anything meaningful.

There's definitely a lot of speculation going on in Amico discussion.  Unfortunately, speculation often gets more speculation as a response.

All I know is that J Allard had no material role.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This is what they said:

"during that time, Mr. Allard served as a full-time advisor to Intellivision, helping Intellivision in the final stages of Amico hardware development..."

"Considering his contributions overall, Mr. Allard has not played a material role in Amico product development." 

By the time he got there the console was mostly developed.

Edited by mr_me