IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

7 minutes ago, SegaSnatcher said:

I still don't understand how someone can have their head so deep in the sand as DJC.  These people really don't see how much their behavior is cult like. 

It's totally beyond explanation now and actually rather worrying how someone of his age can be so deluded and denying of reality despite the overwhelming amount of information available.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, SteveTheColecoDude said:

It's totally beyond explanation now and actually rather worrying how someone of his age can be so deluded and denying of reality despite the overwhelming amount of information available.

I honestly think he just enjoys what little attention he gets from it. DJC probably doesn’t do much else, not a knock on the guy…but he probably lives for his YouTube channel and Amico. 

• Like 7

10 hours ago, rayik said:

Think about what TT said.  A game demo for a phone / tablet using touch screen controls is not aimed at casuals or non gamers.  What???  Did TT even think through what he says.

Amazing folks just accepted that BS.  

He didn't think and yes people were practically groveling for him to keep shoveling the BS too them.

7 hours ago, jerseystyle said:

Yeah it’s super modern denial tactics: “TT never lies!” (Lie is proven) “Who cares about lies like that?”

This has pretty much been day one with Amico.

5 hours ago, SegaSnatcher said:

I still don't understand how someone can have their head so deep in the sand as DJC.  These people really don't see how much their behavior is cult like. 

It isn't cult like. It is a cult. Also that isn't sand.

• Haha 3

5 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

You mean it's where you don't want sand? 😅

Yup basically.

Someone is trying to be reasonable in the hugbox.

image.png.c550fa338a5f00676f2ec29379b48872.png

Pat mentioned something similar early on. If the customer has this idea about your product you are doing something wrong from a marketing PR aspect.

Edited by MrBeefy
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MrBeefy said:

Yup basically.

Someone is trying to be reasonable in the hugbox.

image.png.c550fa338a5f00676f2ec29379b48872.png

Pat mentioned something similar early on. If the customer has this idea about your product you are doing something wrong from a marketing PR aspect.

100% this! When your CEO is spending the first 2 years of a console’s “existence” talking with various YouTube retro gaming CHUDS, you can’t blame the market for thinking it’s a retro console. What you should have done is told the CEO to stop doing that. The thing is, that’s STILL the only community they talk to… so Guido is just an idiot.

• Like 6

Amico has and always has had an identity problem. 

They release this trailer that clearly is for gamers. 

Then the more recent family trailer. 

Lets lure in the older male retro fans to build a base and get a bunch of preorders. 

Then say the console isnt for them and never was. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

Here is all their most recent dedicated single game videos and deep dives. 

Notice a theme?  Its all retro style games. Where is the mom, grandparent, and kids gameplay deep dives and showcase videos?   There isnt any.   Its almost like Amico is a retro console.  

EEBCDE06-424A-44AE-AA8B-53C96DDDA0EA.jpeg

8D3DFE43-BCAF-46D8-A28C-AA06627148F3.jpeg

B1469A79-01F1-43C7-8858-1C4326B42F13.jpeg

7220108D-A810-4396-9BB9-9D49B856079C.jpeg

• Like 3

Why does the gameplay montage video that was released on 10/10/2020 say the following?

* Work in progress

* Early gameplay demos

The console would of been released on 10/10/2020 and the games are admittedly not done?   But the excuse was only 4 missing components as why is wouldnt launch. 

I guess you CAN have it both ways!

16D7A3B5-426F-4785-8711-803BA01BC03B.jpeg

• Like 2

23 hours ago, number6 said:

To be a bit more complete and current, they have no registered trademarks except the ones they began with - Intellivision, Running Man, and combined Intellivision and Running Man.

After abandoning 2 of their other marks, they now are over a month late in filing extension for a 3rd. When uspto gets current on status, I'll let you know.

Given that to date IE just files delays (extensions of time), one can conclude they are not ready to show "use in commerce" on anything. For those who don't understand that, "use" must be demonstrated and accepted by uspto as part of the trademark registration process. Simple as that.

For those who wish to color this as a good thing, you could argue that less trademark filings means less legal time and expense. After all, cutting expenses was one of the goals mentioned.

However, as I mentioned in a different forum, they did have to hire another firm to handle the new corporation in Delaware, amongst other duties for which they were employed. Ergo I do not think they have saved money overall, given the costs of some of their activities are easily researched.

Update: As expected re:month late in filing extension for a 3rd (noted above)

Mark: INTELLIVISION TOGETHER AGAIN - Abandoned

Official abandonment document will likely appear in the filings in a day or two If you have any issue with the link above (given session expirations at uspto), let me know and I'll give you step-by-step on how to get to it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, number6 said:

Update: As expected re:month late in filing extension for a 3rd (noted above)

Mark: INTELLIVISION TOGETHER AGAIN - Abandoned

Official abandonment document will likely appear in the filings in a day or two If you have any issue with the link above (given session expirations at uspto), let me know and I'll give you step-by-step on how to get to it.

And, just like that, the discussion title is back on topic. 😀

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

5 hours ago, jerseystyle said:

100% this! When your CEO is spending the first 2 years of a console’s “existence” talking with various YouTube retro gaming CHUDS, you can’t blame the market for thinking it’s a retro console. What you should have done is told the CEO to stop doing that. The thing is, that’s STILL the only community they talk to… so Guido is just an idiot.

Yes he is.

3 hours ago, Rev said:

Amico has and always has had an identity problem. 

They release this trailer that clearly is for gamers. 

Then the more recent family trailer. 

Lets lure in the older male retro fans to build a base and get a bunch of preorders. 

Then say the console isnt for them and never was. 

2 hours ago, Rev said:

Here is all their most recent dedicated single game videos and deep dives. 

Notice a theme?  Its all retro style games. Where is the mom, grandparent, and kids gameplay deep dives and showcase videos?   There isnt any.   Its almost like Amico is a retro console.  

EEBCDE06-424A-44AE-AA8B-53C96DDDA0EA.jpeg

8D3DFE43-BCAF-46D8-A28C-AA06627148F3.jpeg

B1469A79-01F1-43C7-8858-1C4326B42F13.jpeg

7220108D-A810-4396-9BB9-9D49B856079C.jpeg

2 hours ago, Rev said:

Why does the gameplay montage video that was released on 10/10/2020 say the following?

* Work in progress

* Early gameplay demos

The console would of been released on 10/10/2020 and the games are admittedly not done?   But the excuse was only 4 missing components as why is wouldnt launch. 

I guess you CAN have it both ways!

16D7A3B5-426F-4785-8711-803BA01BC03B.jpeg

All great points and observations. The WIP labels were there to deflect criticism. Like how they added that to the tank video after they were caught stealing art assets. It was not labeled as such when they posted it the first time. If they said it was final and had lag amd dropped frames they couldn't excuse it.

Tricks like that only work on weak minded fart sniffers.

24 minutes ago, Matt_B said:

And, just like that, the discussion title is back on topic. 😀

Well they closed offices and fired everyone. When they decide to open back up and release the console they may renew together again as they get the band back together.

I would also like to take this time to remind people on this day that Tommy tried to compare his experience with Amico to Martin Luther King Jr. Not making Amico is such a noble thing and totally comparable. 🙄

https://amicoage.neocities.org/702

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

Well they closed offices and fired everyone. When they decide to open back up and release the console they may renew together again as they get the band back together.

I understand that "Intellivision Together Again" might apply to old/new team members.

However, I thought it (also) referred to a shortened usable version of the implied "Intellivision bringing families Together Again".

No?

Additional note: Europe is handled differently. There does not exist the clause about "use" in order to register.

The IE IR (International registration) for "Intellivision Together Again"

Edited by number6
Added reference
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

39 minutes ago, number6 said:

I understand that "Intellivision Together Again" might apply to old/new team members.

However, I thought it (also) referred to a shortened usable version of the implied "Intellivision bringing families Together Again".

No?

Additional note: Europe is handled differently. There does not exist the clause about "use" in order to register.

The IE IR (International registration) for "Intellivision Together Again"

Over My Head Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

:P

Well to be fair to them, they have yet to bring one family together. So it is a pretty worthless trademark.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, SegaSnatcher said:

This is not a joke, but when the Amico was initially announced I honestly thought it was a parody.   Like it just didn't feel like a console someone would honestly take seriously.   

Well sounds like EWJ was a joke.

https://www.timeextension.com/news/2023/01/so-whats-happening-with-earthworm-jim-4

When you look at who ran things it's easy to not take it seriously.

• Like 3

@MrBeefy

Not so much a reply to you as a clarification. I see so much sarcasm that I find it necessary to state just a few things.

(1)There is talk here and elsewhere about no company news for 7 or 8 months. This is clearly not true.

No less than 3 IE LLCs held a status of "suspended/forfeited" and later upgraded to "suspended". 

3 trademarks (in the U.S.) have now been legally declared "abandoned"

A company was employed to help IE with their affairs.

Asset protection is surely one area they received advice and/or assistance with.

You can read about some of this in Stephen Roney's reply to me and in the prior postings in the same thread.

Source: AtariAge

(2) In response to questions about why the company does not mention such things, I believe there is simply no upside to doing so. Surely they are aware of how others respond to anything that conveys an air of negativity.

(3)I am a little confused though as to why people say that only news from the company will be treated as real news.

Frankly everything above is from public information/legal documents. These events actually took place but can also be rationally explained as the cost cutting measures that they are.

Hope this helps.

Added on topic of what the company might relate to the public: Once you involve outside legal advice you may find yourself restrained in what you can say...and even how you can say it. Just FYI.

Edited by number6
Added reference
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 4

15 minutes ago, Rev said:

Do they really need the patent/tm for “intellivision together again”.   

They can make a new slogan and patent a more fitting one!

Here is a zinger and only took 4 seconds to think of it:

Intellivision delayed again

No they don't need that one. They use this phrase on the box. They can just continue to use those words without the registered "r" symbol. 

The trademarks used in their branding are the critical ones.

Others for game titles remain to be seen. In other words, depending on whether effort/expense is made to hold onto those will tell you something about the intent of the company.

10 hours ago, Rev said:

It was more alarming to me when their most prolific appearance at E3 the following June (eight months post-launch by the original timeline) they still included a lot of the same exact footage and prototype content that had appeared in their 2019 and 2020 videos. Almost all of it, in fact. Some still had watermarks indicating very early alpha and test builds including of their pack-in title Farkle.

image.png.5fe644c89bf605459fe573dae20f9c12.png

image.png.ffc8db2e3a1f880ecb0ac0b9c4eceece.png

image.thumb.png.94f52535289b6ae7b04d84d031ddc262.png

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, number6 said:

(3)I am a little confused though as to why people say that only news from the company will be treated as real news.

Frankly everything above is from public information/legal documents.

Because it's a well known fact that the government is constantly lying to us, while Tom- oh, never mind.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

Because it's a well known fact that the government is constantly lying to us, while Tom- oh, never mind.

Well the FCC is lying about IE having their certs. We heard from someone's father's, brother's, nephew's, cousin's former roommate that they passed!

• Haha 5