IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

9 hours ago, Pink said:

Well looks like @MrBeefy just debunked you 😂

Anyways the original video if anyone is interested who hasn't already seen it. The one that Tommy/Intellivison uploaded to YouTube appears to be gone but fortunately others have reuploaded it as well and those are still up.

The original Earthworm Jim's didn't even sell a million copies on either the Sega Genesis or SNES (Although they very well of may sold over a million combined between both platforms) Don't get me wrong, it was definitely quite successful and spawned a cartoon and numerous other crap at the time, but it was no Donkey Kong Country, Mario, Sonic, etc.

And now over 2 decades later this was supposed to be one of the big heavy hitting, system selling Amico games that'll appeal to the 3 billion casual gamers in the world...?

Some of us remember things that were said. Other people make up stuff because they are jealous untalented gatekeeping.

I liked both EWJ games on the SNES. They haven't aged the best the last time I played them. I actually think the cartoon was more popular. It was the one game that had potential to get some people to buy it (assuming it wasn't on other platforms too).

5 hours ago, Rev said:

What Amico titles in your opinion are heavy system sellers?

Didnt have the money for licenses?  Guess they spent too much of the 17 million crowdfunded money on furniture eh?

Insert "Wouldn't that be something?" We all know that game is coming and everyone loves it.

5 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

Farkle. 😎

6xp48g.jpg.6b7ea66129ac9aa9ef634412562319c4.jpg

4 hours ago, bojay1997 said:

Just stop.  You were wrong.  It's was never presented as a "test animation" whatever that is. Just admit you got it wrong and move on for once.  You're arguing in bad faith and it's getting old.  Also, let's not pretend that they didn't push the announcement of Earthworm Jim to lots of media outlets.  In fact, it's the only game announcement they made that was widely covered by the gaming media and non-gaming media alike.    

But Tommy told them I was a bad hombre and should talk to me and to attack me. TOMMY WOULDN'T LIE TO THEM!

Tommy also bragged at one point about how many views that one video had. Truth is like everything else, Tommy made stuff up and wasn't truthful. Some just struggle with realizing they were really dumb and fell for it.

3 hours ago, Rev said:

I dont remember them NOT saying it wouldnt be on Amico.  So Roblox confirmed!

I don't remember them not saying they didn't get the FCC certs that they can't remember if they got themselves or not. 🤔

2 hours ago, number6 said:

"don't log anything". 

Please tell me this statement is a typo...

The point of QA isn't to pay attention about what you are doing or keep track. It's to say aw NDA please invest its great! Ignore that I'm and investor in IE and an employee/volunteer and totally wouldn't lie and make stuff up to try and get a return on my investment.

This is the console of not logging.

Don't log testing.

Don't log the parts you need.

Don't log FCC testing.

Don't log into work.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, Rev said:

What Amico titles in your opinion are heavy system sellers?

It could be earthworm jim, if they make a great unique game out of it.  But it's so early in development we never knew much about it.  Plus, it wasn't among the first wave of games being programmed so it wouldn't have come out for a while after system release.

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, mr_me said:

It could be earthworm jim, if they make a great unique game out of it.  But it's so early in development we never knew much about it.  Plus, it wasn't among the first wave of games being programmed so it wouldn't have come out for a while after system release.

Yes, Earthworm Jim could be a system seller for retro gamers.  But come on, a system seller for anyone who started gaming after SNES / Genesis. (Seriuosly who else bought the 360 and PS3 remakes) You got to do better if you want to try to make the case that this system appeals to 3.1 billion casual gamers.

Farkle?  Would rather pull out Yatzee and play it on a table.  Real life rolling dice and interacting with folks at the table.  The only thing Farkle has going for it is no licensing fee.  That's appealing to IE, not potential buyers.

Thing is I would have bought this if it was just a remake of the Intellivision I grew up with.  But after TT's antics there is no way I'd ever buy this.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, rayik said:

Farkle?  Would rather pull out Yatzee and play it on a table.  Real life rolling dice and interacting with folks at the table.  The only thing Farkle has going for it is no licensing fee.  That's appealing to IE, not potential buyers.

I just played that now for the first time, online. It's a fun little game, but not terrifically complex. The "know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em" factor is kind of interesting... but... it's basically just a mini-game, which could be fine if there was 5-10 additional games included.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mr_me said:

Well, they seem to have lots of time available now for development... it could be included in that first rogue wave of games to be released! Keep the faith!

Look at what I unearthed today while cleaning out my locker at work….a golden ticket. Got this when I purchased the “IntelliShirt” Shew, I was on the Amico train back then for sure. It was early on that the smart shirts went on sale. 

This is actually one of the first signs that something may be amiss here. I kept it in my wallet forever and even asked a few times on here when we might find out some info on it. AB10E9FC-6090-4269-A45D-110682BA530A.thumb.jpeg.0bc250abcaac8e89af14a62c63d2bd3d.jpeg

Maybe I should hurry and get some of the “physical” media before they sell out and add to my Amico collection.

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, Wayler said:

But where is the love for Cornhole? That thing would have been a sure-fire hit and the only thing that was something different from rest of the dreck. 

I think you mean ELECTRIC CORNHOLE. 😁

We could have electrified cornhole, but no, I'm stuck here in the dark playing cornhole like a G'dang caveman!

• Like 2

I think it was said Earthworm Jim would be ready be about 2 years after launch. (That thread is still hidden on AA)

So it would of launched 10/10/2020….and EWJ “should of” been releasing right about now. 

But oh well, Interplay cancelled it and all EWJ videos on Intv YT have been scrubbbed. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MarioMan88 said:

Look at what I unearthed today while cleaning out my locker at work….a golden ticket. Got this when I purchased the “IntelliShirt” Shew, I was on the Amico train back then for sure. It was early on that the smart shirts went on sale. 

This is actually one of the first signs that something may be amiss here. I kept it in my wallet forever and even asked a few times on here when we might find out some info on it. AB10E9FC-6090-4269-A45D-110682BA530A.thumb.jpeg.0bc250abcaac8e89af14a62c63d2bd3d.jpeg

Maybe I should hurry and get some of the “physical” media before they sell out and add to my Amico collection.

I gave mine away to someone who still cared after I got my refund.   One of the early lies:  "Hold on to these because we're going to give away fabulous prizes!"     They gave away nothing but lies.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, rayik said:

Yes, Earthworm Jim could be a system seller for retro gamers.  But come on, a system seller for anyone who started gaming after SNES / Genesis. (Seriuosly who else bought the 360 and PS3 remakes) You got to do better if you want to try to make the case that this system appeals to 3.1 billion casual gamers.

Thing is I would have bought this if it was just a remake of the Intellivision I grew up with.  But after TT's antics there is no way I'd ever buy this.

Amico Shark Shark is a good example of a reimagined retro game that they would have likely promoted to young families.  And I'm not trying to make a case of anything more than that.  Some Earthworm Jim fans might not even be happy with the new game they were planning.  The important thing is they make a great game and attract new players.

Not sure if you mean you were interested in the reimagined retro games or the classic retro games.  I know some are interested in both but I think those interested in the reimagined versions is a subset of the other.

3 hours ago, 5-11under said:

Well, they seem to have lots of time available now for development... it could be included in that first rogue wave of games to be released! Keep the faith!

I just played that now for the first time, online. It's a fun little game, but not terrifically complex. The "know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em" factor is kind of interesting... but... it's basically just a mini-game, which could be fine if there was 5-10 additional games included.

In 2021 they started putting game projects in that first wave of games on hold as they focused their resources.  Earthworm Jim was supposed to be their first internally developed game, with staff expected to work on the game only after they got the console and initial games released.   And most of that staff were cut last year.

Amico Farkle is one of six games that were supposed to be included with the system.

1 hour ago, Rev said:

I think it was said Earthworm Jim would be ready be about 2 years after launch. (That thread is still hidden on AA)

So it would of launched 10/10/2020….and EWJ “should of” been releasing right about now. 

But oh well, Interplay cancelled it and all EWJ videos on Intv YT have been scrubbbed. 

Yes, at least a year after console release probably more.  The reason they said that is because programmers wouldn't be put on the project until after they got the console out. So if it released in 2021 the game would have been a couple years after that.  Has Interplay said anything about it.

• Confused 3

17 minutes ago, MarioMan88 said:

Gotta have those office chairs….

You actually believe INTV focused on anything? Chairs, signs and multiple offices say otherwise. 

If you dont look like professional company, and build up a huge facade, how else would you expect they sell it all off to a multibillion dollar company?    Explain that buddy (or Friend)!!

How to make Billions in 3 easy steps!

1. Amico

2. ???

3. Billions

089D5291-07F2-4628-97E1-1B2D1B8EE706.jpeg

• Haha 7

4 hours ago, mr_me said:

Has Interplay said anything about it.

Of course not, because it's vaporware. It was nothing but a running Jim animation video initially showed off to generate hype & publicity at the start of this whole fiasco and to help entice people to invest.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Buffalo Biff Burgertime said:

the console itself seems like a pretty big log

Mrme said he heard someone say they passed it finally. Probably took a brief moment and removed his nose from the exit.

8 hours ago, 5-11under said:

I just played that now for the first time, online. It's a fun little game, but not terrifically complex. The "know when to hold 'em, know when to fold 'em" factor is kind of interesting... but... it's basically just a mini-game, which could be fine if there was 5-10 additional games included.

Amico killer right here. 

Note Nintendo aren't thieves like IE when it comes to Battle Tanks.

6 hours ago, Rev said:

You are actually wrong. EWJ was suppose to come out in 2021. Just like the original Intv games. EWJ and OG Intv should be ready to go. There is no development needed for the OG stuff. It is just already existing roms to be ran by the jzintv emulator. I paid close attention. https://web.archive.org/web/20210522125358/https://atariage.com/forums/topic/301105-independent-amico-discussion-thread/#comments

5 hours ago, famicommander said:

Technically he says it's gamplay, not gameplay. Checkmate!

Oh man he was making a vagina joke! This is just like how sneak "peak" was an intentional penis joke he put in his trailers for the family friendly console. What a perv for marketing that to kids. He has them trapped in his web!

Screenshot_20230114_210142_Chrome.thumb.jpg.ca6296481ee8d9187db4b1955e4d0820.jpg

3 hours ago, Rev said:

If you dont look like professional company, and build up a huge facade, how else would you expect they sell it all off to a multibillion dollar company?    Explain that buddy (or Friend)!!

How to make Billions in 3 easy steps!

1. Amico

2. ???

3. Billions

089D5291-07F2-4628-97E1-1B2D1B8EE706.jpeg

The furniture cosplay just seems to be an extension of the big office cosplay. "Look we are ready for big operations! Please buy us!" They never wanted to be the ones to make the console. If they did they would have made them. They made zero plans or adjustments to make them a reality. They have always waited for someone to literally bail them out of making them. StartEngine was a last effort because they over value themselves and no one wants to buy a blocky mascot.

23 minutes ago, Pink said:

Of course not, because it's vaporware. It was nothing but a running Jim animation 1video initially showed off to generate hype & publicity at the start of this whole fiasco and to help entice people to invest.

Yup. It was the best they had and they were too stupid to leverage it. It was the only thing that had real interest. Once again that just shows this was a retro console.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pink said:

Of course not, because it's vaporware. It was nothing but a running Jim animation video initially showed off to generate hype & publicity at the start of this whole fiasco and to help entice people to invest.

About the license, someone said Interplay cancelled it.  I suppose the license agreement could have expired in time.

I for one am really looking forward to the Amico coming out.  Can't wait to play Joust, Robotron, Defender and Gauntlet on my Amico.

The Amico controller will make game play so much better than it is on Mame, MiSTER or any console released from PS1 to today.

amico - williams games.png

Edited by rayik
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, rayik said:

I for one am really looking forward to the Amico coming out.  Can't wait to play Joust, Robotron, Defender and Gauntlet on my Amico.

The Amico controller will make game play so much better than it is on Mame, MiSTER or any console released from PS1 to today.

amico - williams games.png

Amico: We Will Have Every Game You Wish For, and Yet It's Still Not For You.

Or anyone.

• Haha 6

On 1/13/2023 at 8:55 AM, mr_me said:

Other than some preliminary design, they said low level development wouldn't even start until after the system releases.

On April 6, 2020 Tommy told Reddit: "But the first playable and demo of the game will probably be next summer (about a year from now). Although expect some things to be shown every few months until then. :)" But we saw nothing further from Tommy or the 10 original staffers hired by Intellivision to work on EWJ4.

He also said: "Fans of Earthworm Jim are really going to be blown away. Currently on schedule for Christmas/Holiday 2021."

In January 2020 he said, after posting the original EWJ4 animation: "Doing things with our controller and gameplay that can NOT be done on any other platform!  Original EWJ animator and current Art Director of Intellivision Mike Dietz did this. Let me know if you think this is GROOOOOVY! :D

On January 30, 2020, he said: "We're doing EWJ design and graphics as well... but won't really start to get into it full time til after Astrosmash is completed (March or April)."

In August 2020 he said: "It has always been slated for Winter 2021." - This was after they had already announced the new launch date of Oct. 10, 2021, so at this stage Tommy implied it'd be a close-to-launch title, given it then had an extra year of development time before the Amico launched.

On May 31, 2021 he said: "I did talk a little about EWJ... but basically saying that I can't really say much about EWJ just yet because of some really big news coming down in about a month or so." I don't remember what really big news that was, if anything else was announced.

By all indication they were supposed to be well into full-time EWJ4 work by March-April 2020, and repeatedly stated it'd be a Winter 2021 release. They teased new features and updates for it when people asked, but never committed to those vows.

Edited by MattPilz
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 3