IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

9 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

"I worked on the original Wii console with Miyamoto."

Start at 56 minute mark.

Even if you interpret it as him working on Metroid Prime... that came out on GameCube, not Wii. 🤣

I watched this over the weekend.  Gotta say that Pat and Ian deserve to put TT and his shills through the ringer.  As the old saying goes "he who laughs last laughs the most" and they can certainly do that at this point.

• Like 5

42 minutes ago, SteveTheColecoDude said:

Are Pat and Ian the Coleco Chameleon of podcasters yet? That was one of Tommy's favorite things to say on here (and the fans sure enjoyed him saying it).

Well according to Mr_Me, everything said by TT and the Amico folks will be taken as truthful, so then, yes they are because TT said it. It’s pretty circular reasoning though… maybe that Creamhoven guy can chime in with his informed opinion?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

13 hours ago, SegaSnatcher said:

All he said was "I worked with Miyamoto on the Wii".   Regardless if it was hardware or software we all know that is absolutely BS as there isn't a single Wii game he's credited on that was published by Nintendo, let alone had Miyamoto involved. 

He also said Miyamoto is his trusted friend of over 30 years and just an email away, with countless hours of stories shared personally with Tommy.

I've spent countless hours with Miyamoto-san asking him dozens of questions about his design theories.  He is an absolute genius and mastermind.  And it's all based around simplicity in terms of the how and why.

So many stories and information I could share but would literally take me hours to recall

A huge inspiration and such a great honor to call him a trusted friend for over 30 years.

Nintendo knows it's core audience better than anyone and has ALWAYS delivered the BEST 1st party games IMO.  I was even honored enough to work on one of them!  Metroid Prime.  I worked closely with my longtime friend Miyamoto-san for almost 5 years on that one!

I'm gonna e-mail Miyamoto right now in fact. [Re: Modernizing Donkey Kong]

I've had many conversations with the great Shigeru Miyamoto about this.  You'll notice that almost all of his Mario games are like this as well.  Super Mario World being a perfect example.  Always feeling like your progressing and then eventually beating the game is a GREAT and POSITIVE feeling.

And the "almost 5 years" of working for Metroid Prime doesn't add up. Miyamoto first suggested the idea for Metroid Prime in 2000 and the game launched in 2002, with about an 18 month core development span. I found this bit interesting in the Wiki about Tommy's involvement in the game, which was only for the sound effects: "Tommy Tallarico Studios initially provided sound effects for the game, but Miyamoto deemed them not good enough for an extended presentation at Space World 2001."

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, MattPilz said:

"Tommy Tallarico Studios initially provided sound effects for the game, but Miyamoto deemed them not good enough for an extended presentation at Space World 2001."

It takes a true friend to tell you "those sounds you likely stole from someone else kinda sucks and were not using them"

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

6 hours ago, Hwlngmad said:

I watched this over the weekend.  Gotta say that Pat and Ian deserve to put TT and his shills through the ringer.  As the old saying goes "he who laughs last laughs the most" and they can certainly do that at this point.

That Pat & Ian video was Great!  (I laughed hard, and felt others were sharing in the laughter and pure irony (OK that's not quite the right word) of the situation)...Here's this petty little man trying his damnedest to gaslight a couple of YouTubers who've seen him coming a mile away!

I really liked it when Ian said,  and I'm paraphrasing more than likely here;  That it wasn't that he wished more people would have listened to them,  but that he wished people weren't so gullible in the first place.

• Like 6

31 minutes ago, GoldLeader said:

That Pat & Ian video was Great!  (I laughed hard, and felt others were sharing in the laughter and pure irony (OK that's not quite the right word) of the situation)...Here's this petty little man trying his damnedest to gaslight a couple of YouTubers who've seen him coming a mile away!

I really liked it when Ian said,  and I'm paraphrasing more than likely here;  That it wasn't that he wished more people would have listened to them,  but that he wished people weren't so gullible in the first place.

It was weird being one of the few who were vocal/not banned at the time to point out they weren't unreasonable and Tommy was blowing it up to be bigger than it was.

Weird during that same time I don't remember a beep booper complaining about redundant, regurgitated, attacks towards Pat, Ian, or others like myself. Ask yourself why that is? 🤔

5 hours ago, jerseystyle said:

Well according to Mr_Me, everything said by TT and the Amico folks will be taken as truthful, so then, yes they are because TT said it. It’s pretty circular reasoning though… maybe that Creamhoven guy can chime in with his informed opinion?

We need more positivity. So his response should be that Pat and Ian were entertaining and that everything they did was great and truthful. To suggest otherwise would be some form of racism fascist commie gaming bigotry.

Hey who was the goober that burned their Pat/CUPodcast in effigy as their pledge to the High Amico Tommy? That should have earned many a Karma Gaming Engine Rungs in the Amicolyte ranking.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

13 hours ago, x=usr(1536) said:

Perhaps he's just trying to be the Jane Whittaker of America.

They should work together. I doubt they'd be able to come up with a complete game, or even an original soundtrack for it, without outside help but new world records for bullshitting could be broken. 🤣

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

Also Guido responding to a 4 (almost 5) year old comment about Atari. Notice the verbiage.

Screenshot_2023-04-11_at_2_21.05_PM.thumb.png.e3ace6eaa1d9cd36fb921410ffb96519.png

While Atari is a shadow of its former self as a brand it still has way more nostalgic appeal than Intellivision.  Also, I'm willing to bet that Seamus wants nothing to do with anything Tommy Tallarico is involved in.

Seamus was smart to dodge that bullet by not getting involved with those clowns at IE. 

• Like 6

On 4/10/2023 at 11:46 AM, jerseystyle said:

Well according to Mr_Me, everything said by TT and the Amico folks will be taken as truthful, ...

Or what you wrote here is simply wrong.  Maybe you haven't read my comments of the things the CEO had said that I thought were not right, or maybe you have and don't care.  Either way you know it's wrong to write what you did.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SegaSnatcher said:

While Atari is a shadow of its former self as a brand it still has way more nostalgic appeal than Intellivision.  Also, I'm willing to bet that Seamus wants nothing to do with anything Tommy Tallarico is involved in.

Seamus was smart to dodge that bullet by not getting involved with those clowns at IE.

I'd say that he dodged two bullets, in not getting involved with either of them. 😀

Seriously, I don't think there's that much you could do with Atari beyond being a vanity games publisher in the way it's currently being run. When the brand is barely substantial enough to shift high quality indie games, it'd take a monumental investment to do anything more mainstream with it.

Intellivision, never having been anything like as big a brand, was always going to be that much harder, and that's even without Tommy being around to fuck things up.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Matt_B said:

😀

Intellivision, never having been anything like as big a brand, was always going to be that much harder, and that's even without Tommy being around to fuck things up.

But they totally have their FCC certs. So not everything has been totally Tallaricoed up.

• Haha 5

10 hours ago, SegaSnatcher said:

Seamus should have pointed out that Tallaricovision =/= Intellivision.   

• Like 1