IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

49 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

So the new word from an employee/former employee (Kevin Alvarado) is that the Amico software is not finished and still being worked on.

Begs the question as to what DJC and Mullis are "testing" if they are still working on the software? Also if people are still working on it, why is no one working on giving refunds? If you answer that there is no money, what are they paying to the people supposedly working on the software? :D

image.thumb.jpeg.46b6ac3af89b4f4a405ec33255ea07df.jpeg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, MrBeefy said:

So the new word from an employee/former employee (Kevin Alvarado) is that the Amico software is not finished and still being worked on.

Begs the question as to what DJC and Mullis are "testing" if they are still working on the software? Also if people are still working on it, why is no one working on giving refunds? If you answer that there is no money, what are they paying to the people supposedly working on the software? :D

I've responded to this before. They stated other expenses which must be met and I've offered examples of legal fees. Honestly it's thousands of dollars and then some.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jerseystyle said:

Remember the latest TT fan that showed up like 2 weeks ago, white knighted Tommy, told us to stop being negative (while also saying he hadn’t followed the Amico news) and then, somehow, drew a connection between the Amico and the Dreamcast? Oh, then disappeared after saying we were at fault for not supporting a vision? Anyway, TT could only dream to have this kind of relevance:

https://www.timeextension.com/news/2023/02/random-sega-dreamcast-makes-comeback-as-a-weapon-in-pro-wrestling-match

For better or worse, they didn't disappear from AA entirely, as they're still here posting regularly about various things.  And they did give us this in one of those posts, which I find awesome in that 80's "so awful it's great, hard-boiled dialog" kind of way

Prose.thumb.jpg.120c281faa77d1d9f84f6e45d6c4cd40.jpg

• Haha 5

17 minutes ago, Razzie.P said:

For better or worse, they didn't disappear from AA entirely, as they're still here posting regularly about various things.  And they did give us this in one of those posts, which I find awesome in that 80's "so awful it's great, hard-boiled dialog" kind of way

Prose.thumb.jpg.120c281faa77d1d9f84f6e45d6c4cd40.jpg

My fondest wish is that it turns out to be TT in a basement wearing a knock off Phantom of the Opera mask.  With a bloodied CUPodcast T shirt.

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

23 hours ago, number6 said:

The trademark oddities continue (somewhat applies to the original thread topic here):

This goes back to May, 2022, but I wanted to wait and see how it got handled before mentioning it.

Within days of failing to file statement of use or extension for the "1st" incarnation of IE's "Intellivision Amico" trademark (now abandoned and replaced by a new filing for the same name), another company filed a trademark for "Amico". This was filed for the classes "IC 009. US 021 023 026 036 038"

I'll keep this short since we all know trademark law can be confusing. Basically this company who just happened to file for Amico has now been sent an "Office Action (Official Letter) About Applicant’s Trademark Application" indicating possible confusion with an existing trademark or trademarks. What is odd to me given the former objection concerning "Amico" is that the examining attorney is finding a conflict with "Ameco" trademarks.

I'll keep watch on any followups as I don't see IE expressing any concern atm, and surely "Amico" sounds like more of a conflict with "Amico" than "Ameco" does especially for class 009, no?

Edit added: For those who don't understand mention of "class". Simply there is a trademark for Amico selling curtain rods and other things that present no conflict. The problem with similar name really arises when one is also selling similar goods, which is defined by class.

This is how it should work. But I think in reality even if there is no real name conflict due to very different products produced, bigger companies will still try to 'protect' their brand by dragging the smaller company into court. Not in belief they are legally in the right, but in hopes the costs will bankrupt their smaller supposed competition.

As is this case. I cannot possibly believe Haynes (the underwear manufacturer) was getting complaints about product confusion about Haynes (the hummus manufacturer). If there was,  would love to see that complaint.

'Dear Haynes Underwear. I recently bought a jar in my local supermarket labeled 'Haynes'. Only after smearing the contents of this jar across my body did I realize this was not actually underwear, but some sort of food dip.'

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatoon/sometimes-the-little-guy-can-win-saskatoon-hummus-maker-wins-battle-with-hanes-1.3378275

• Haha 3

30 minutes ago, Tavi said:

This is how it should work. But I think in reality even if there is no real name conflict due to very different products produced, bigger companies will still try to 'protect' their brand by dragging the smaller company into court. Not in belief they are legally in the right, but in hopes the costs will bankrupt their smaller supposed competition.

As is this case. I cannot possibly believe Haynes (the underwear manufacturer) was getting complaints about product confusion about Haynes (the hummus manufacturer). If there was,  would love to see that complaint.

'Dear Haynes Underwear. I recently bought a jar in my local supermarket labeled 'Haynes'. Only after smearing the contents of this jar across my body did I realize this was not actually underwear, but some sort of food dip.'

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatoon/sometimes-the-little-guy-can-win-saskatoon-hummus-maker-wins-battle-with-hanes-1.3378275

Excellent points there. Companies might also make challenges just to illustrate a warning to others that their attorneys are still breathing.

2 hours ago, number6 said:

I've responded to this before. They stated other expenses which must be met and I've offered examples of legal fees. Honestly it's thousands of dollars and then some.

Yeah this was mentioned within the past day or two. They still are trying to give the impression that there is significant work being done on Amico. Iirc Kevin Alvarado is one of the zealots claiming the world needs Amico.

2 hours ago, jerseystyle said:

My fondest wish is that it turns out to be TT in a basement wearing a knock off Phantom of the Opera mask.  With a bloodied CUPodcast T shirt.

RPG_40_tommy_tallarico_face_full_body_shot_phantom_of_the_oper_1.thumb.jpg.8325ce3230e57c28b8e8e941a6ef2d8a.jpg

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

Yeah this was mentioned within the past day or two. They still are trying to give the impression that there is significant work being done on Amico. Iirc Kevin Alvarado is one of the zealots claiming the world needs Amico.

RPG_40_tommy_tallarico_face_full_body_shot_phantom_of_the_oper_1.thumb.jpg.8325ce3230e57c28b8e8e941a6ef2d8a.jpg

Haha. Kind of looks like The Great Muta.

“Oh, he LOVES what we’re doing”

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

Hahaha- is this Kevin guy a relative of that scumbag John Alvarado? Or maybe he’s a sentient tumor that lives in his stomach like from Total Recall…

Anyways, no one in this company or who did any covering for TT has any credibility left.  In my opinion they should all be blacklisted from the industry.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, jerseystyle said:

Remember the latest TT fan that showed up like 2 weeks ago, white knighted Tommy, told us to stop being negative (while also saying he hadn’t followed the Amico news) and then, somehow, drew a connection between the Amico and the Dreamcast? Oh, then disappeared after saying we were at fault for not supporting a vision? Anyway, TT could only dream to have this kind of relevance:

https://www.timeextension.com/news/2023/02/random-sega-dreamcast-makes-comeback-as-a-weapon-in-pro-wrestling-match

I actually made a GIF of it, it's in the comments:

https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/739250106892812398/1079130859858313377/dreamcast.gif

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, jerseystyle said:

That would be funny indeed but if it was really Tommy, the guy has a LOT of self control now. 🤯

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, jerseystyle said:

Hahaha- is this Kevin guy a relative of that scumbag John Alvarado? Or maybe he’s a sentient tumor that lives in his stomach like from Total Recall…

Anyways, no one in this company or who did any covering for TT has any credibility left.  In my opinion they should all be blacklisted from the industry.

He is actually not a relative from my understanding. I realize I didn't post any context. Feel the hugs.

Screenshot_20230402_020303_Facebook.thumb.jpg.62380c379e651af1dc6ad4c91a265cf6.jpg

Poor @Bill Loguidice is a reasonable man stuck around a bunch of brainwashed guys with not much going on between their ears. Don't be reasonable Bill. They only believe in magical thinking of the flat earth scientifically proven book, the Secret.

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

On 3/29/2023 at 9:38 PM, mr_me said:

The March 2022 Cornhole footage was with Amico controllers.  Do you think it was faked?

Can you post a link? I don't know what you're talking about. The one I'm thinking about was with Hans Ippisch and family and it didn't look right to me, it seemed highly staged. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrBeefy said:

Yeah this was mentioned within the past day or two. They still are trying to give the impression that there is significant work being done on Amico. Iirc

More old news that I did not believe worthy of mention at the time. Again, since it involves money going out it speaks to what they believe is important to them. It is valid to say these things are done to leave merely an impression of activity, but this can't be proven either way, can it?

On February 10, 2023 they filed additional extensions on their trademark filings for both Jungle Hunt and BUMP 'N' JUMP.

Your recollection would be better than mine. Were either of these discussed in terms of licensing?

54 minutes ago, number6 said:

More old news that I did not believe worthy of mention at the time. Again, since it involves money going out it speaks to what they believe is important to them. It is valid to say these things are done to leave merely an impression of activity, but this can't be proven either way, can it?

On February 10, 2023 they filed additional extensions on their trademark filings for both Jungle Hunt and BUMP 'N' JUMP.

Your recollection would be better than mine. Were either of these discussed in terms of licensing?

I know that about 2 years ago Bump N Jump was for sure mentioned. I remember because I LOVE that game and at that point didn’t realize that TT was a collection of spiders wearing human skin.

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, Northcoastgamer said:

So work is still being done. Does that means that the "workers" are now volunteers, donating their time if there is no moola? Or are they being promised stock shares possibly?

No it means work isn’t being done. They are lying scum bags just hanging on long enough to cash out.

• Like 1

It'd be kinda funny if they could make something with a skeleton staff working from home, part-time and with next to no budget, because they sure as hell couldn't make anything with their huge offices, fifty staff on the payroll and millions in Fig/Republic cash.

That said, I suspect it's more a case of looking like they're still trying when forced into bankruptcy now.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, number6 said:

Every game was supposedly going to be on Amico.

2 hours ago, jerseystyle said:

No it means work isn’t being done. They are lying scum bags just hanging on long enough to cash out.

Occams Razor. Evidence has shown them to be less than honest.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, jerseystyle said:

I know that about 2 years ago Bump N Jump was for sure mentioned. I remember because I LOVE that game and at that point didn’t realize that TT was a collection of spiders wearing human skin.

You mean a Spider-Man collector, right? 😰

7 hours ago, Tommy2D said:

The only way that it would make sense that "devs" are still working on "console software" is if those devs are spending an hour per month on the project.

I can see some of them, typically John Alvarado or Guido Henkel, working on it on their free time since they're so enamored with that project apparently.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

Can you post a link? I don't know what you're talking about. The one I'm thinking about was with Hans Ippisch and family and it didn't look right to me, it seemed highly staged. 

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gpYH5c6-nDU

This is their March 2022 video we were talking about.  The gameplay is towards the end.

Regarding the 2020 Amico Cornhole gameplay footage, while the kids may have been doing some acting, it doesn't mean they weren't playing Amico Cornhole.  And now that we know the first version of the game utilizes additional sensors in phones, it makes sense that the kids were favouring them so they can get higher accuracy in their throw.

13 hours ago, Northcoastgamer said:

So work is still being done. Does that means that the "workers" are now volunteers, donating their time if there is no moola? 

Many years ago, my then employer cut a substantial number of staff to reduce its operating costs. We were then encouraged to return to our previous roles as unpaid volunteers. That plan worked about as well as you might expect. 🙄 Eventually, a few people were hired back. 

• Like 4