IGNORED

Intellivision Amico’s trademark changed to ‘abandoned’

22 minutes ago, Razzie.P said:

They could.

Throw the Book at Them - TV Tropes

Girl Genius would tell you that females love humor and to put humor in the games to make them appeal more to women.

Speaking of words, what is funny is now Atari owns all of Tommy's rantings and ravings here on AA. 🤣

They literally own a part of what started the end of their "rival". 

Screenshot_20230907_181847_Chrome.thumb.jpg.fb500e3290dc15d7671b2d62b854984f.jpg

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

I think what Mr Me is calling "harassment" is for instance when Beefy called the Amico shills Mr Me's "friends".

Anyway, I'm more interested in evidence of Mr Me being one of the first to question the Amico... Of course it's harder when the topic is not there anymore. 😅

I'd think that most people were questioning the Amico back when it was first announced, myself included. Being one of the first is hardly remarkable.

I don't feel the need to dig up individual posts, but wasn't the general consensus that it was probably going to flop but at least they weren't taking pre-orders for a non-existent system via crowdfunding? (Until they decided to do just that, of course.)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Matt_B said:

I'd think that most people were questioning the Amico back when it was first announced, myself included. Being one of the first is hardly remarkable.

I don't feel the need to dig up individual posts, but wasn't the general consensus that it was probably going to flop but at least they weren't taking pre-orders for a non-existent system via crowdfunding? (Until they decided to do just that, of course.)

I don't even think it was that negative of an outlook people had. More like it won't be 3.2 billion successful but could find a niche.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

I don't even think it was that negative of an outlook people had. More like it won't be 3.2 billion successful but could find a niche.

I'm not saying that there wasn't cautious optimism from some quarters, just that there were people questioning the concept pretty much from the moment it was revealed at the PGRE. It's not like we had to wait for the era of rigged demos, crowdfunding u-turns, missed release dates, astroturfing, atrocious modding and trying to bury the entire discussion before anyone expressed skepticism.

Anyway, I found a post of mine that was in a different thread, so it hasn't been stricken from the record. As of October 23, 2018, I said:

Well, that's my cards on the table for being among its first critics, and you can find a few other familiar names alongside me there.

Any advances on that? 😄

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Flojomojo said:

This forum has been like: 

IMG_3830.thumb.jpeg.43700fb77e509ec29dc932db96e2a18d.jpeg

What I see is a bunch of people who claim they don't like Tommy spending months doing nothing but talking about Tommy. You know, because they don't like him. That's why they can't stop thinking about him and talking about him.

12 hours ago, madman said:

What I see is a bunch of people who claim they don't like Tommy spending months doing nothing but talking about Tommy. You know, because they don't like him. That's why they can't stop thinking about him and talking about him.

Is there some weird timer I don’t know about? Like clockwork every few months someone rolls in, tells us to stop talking about Tommy (or mocks us) then rolls out again. Sorry man. Dude’s a garbage human being who stole money and destroyed a company. I’d say that if the end result is a bunch of random folks making fun of him on an Internet forum (that he also both almost sunk AND claimed influence over at various times) he’s gotten off very lightly.  

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, jerseystyle said:

Is there some weird timer I don’t know about? Like clockwork every few months someone rolls in, tells us to stop talking about Tommy (or mocks us) then rolls out again. Sorry man. Dude’s a garbage human being who stole money and destroyed a company. I’d say that if the end result is a bunch of random folks making fun of him on an Internet forum (that he also both almost sunk AND claimed influence over at various times) he’s gotten off very lightly.  

^This!!   1000%!

And @madman is right.  We Don't like him!  Even if you don't mind lying sacks of crap for some reason,  most people here would not like someone who stole money (100 bucks at a time) from other people here.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, GoldLeader said:

^This!!   1000%!

And @madman is right.  We Don't like him!  Even if you don't mind lying sacks of crap for some reason,  most people here would not like someone who stole money (100 bucks at a time) from other people here.

Nah it's people who just don't get it. Or have zero sense of humor. Heck someone was pissy in the Atari AA Q&A because I asked the Atari guy the type of tacos they liked.

It was a light hearted joke that the person handled well showing they either have a sense of humor or level head on their shoulders.

Even our own little mrme got pissy at me "making arbitrary goalposts" for IE and making fun of their inability to maintain their trademark. Some people are not made for the internet and take things way to seriously. If you can't make fun of yourself or a stupid situation you either are as interesting as a 2x4, an idiot, or some version of an asshole (all Amico hardcore fans).

If people want to be serious all the time they should get off the internet and become a social worker. Work with some poor struggling families, kids, or something amd realize their stupid fetishes with old games, consoles, or other dumb hobby is just that, dumb in the grand scheme of things. 

But NOOO, they have to go. DON'T MAKE FUN OF AMICO ITS MY FRIEND! WAHHH. 😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

2 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

Nah it's people who just don't get it. Or have zero sense of humor. Heck someone was pissy in the Atari AA Q&A because I asked the Atari guy the type of tacos they liked.

It was a light hearted joke that the person handled well showing they either have a sense of humor or level head on their shoulders.

Even our own little mrme got pissy at me "making arbitrary goalposts" for IE and making fun of their inability to maintain their trademark. Some people are not made for the internet and take things way to seriously. If you can't make fun of yourself or a stupid situation you either are as interesting as a 2x4, an idiot, or some version of an asshole (all Amico hardcore fans).

If people want to be serious all the time they should get off the internet and become a social worker. Work with some poor struggling families, kids, or something amd realize their stupid fetishes with old games, consoles, or other dumb hobby is just that, dumb in the grand scheme of things. 

But NOOO, they have to go. DON'T MAKE FUN OF AMICO ITS MY FRIEND! WAHHH. 😂

Well,  This too,  of course....

Spending months doing nothing but talk about Tommy?

You just can't stand the fact that this thread exists and (what most would call) our openness to speak with folks who have stuff in common with us.   I'll let you in on something... if you don't like the way we're coming across and interacting... that's fine... but it isn't going to stop.  So you may want to do yourself a favor and save a lot of headaches and drama by just not coming here anymore.  See how simple that is?

Spoiler

As said by the man himself.

niJQKkg.png

It's fun using Tommy's quotes, they're so unhinged and pathetic. I guess I like him for that.

Edited by SteveTheColecoDude
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

I'd still like some accountability from AtariAge itself about how all this went down. Many of the threads are still hidden and Tommy was essentially given his own pet staff and allowed to use AtariAge to further his scam for years.

I was never more proud to be a member of this community than when we collectively destroyed Mike Kennedy's Chameleon nonsense.

Conversely, I was never more ashamed to be a member than when everyone drank Tommy's Kool-Aid.

I still think the community deserves a full explanation, a full apology, and a return of every Amico-related thread to public viewability. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1

I agree with that sentiment. Don’t hide the shame, own it and learn from it. Put it in a read only section of the site, maybe with a banner on top saying “this is old, and none of these promises came true”

NSG made a video about the Atari acquisition but there’s a surprising amount of Amico talk in this short video, because it had such an impact on the reputation of the site. 

• Like 9

5 minutes ago, Flojomojo said:

I agree with that sentiment. Don’t hide the shame, own it and learn from it. Put it in a read only section of the site, maybe with a banner on top saying “this is old, and none of these promises came true”

NSG made a video about the Atari acquisition but there’s a surprising amount of Amico talk in this short video, because it had such an impact on the reputation of the site. 

Smash also did a video and didn't realize that all the Amico stuff was hidden.

1 hour ago, SteveTheColecoDude said:

Spending months doing nothing but talk about Tommy?

You just can't stand the fact that this thread exists and (what most would call) our openness to speak with folks who have stuff in common with us.   I'll let you in on something... if you don't like the way we're coming across and interacting... that's fine... but it isn't going to stop.  So you may want to do yourself a favor and save a lot of headaches and drama by just not coming here anymore.  See how simple that is?

Reveal hidden contents

As said by the man himself.

niJQKkg.png

It's fun using Tommy's quotes, they're so unhinged and pathetic. I guess I like him for that.

It's funny reading him call someone a snowflake when he literally couldn't handle someone saying. I like the idea want it to succeed but doubtful it reaches the market they say they want.

tumblr_c58e4539c1e58c08f9df23d3eb3af6a9_3a7568ce_400.gif.ad62d58c37a96dd4bb45caf0b8d7d99e.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

It's funny reading him call someone a snowflake when he literally couldn't handle someone saying. I like the idea want it to succeed but doubtful it reaches the market they say they want.

tumblr_c58e4539c1e58c08f9df23d3eb3af6a9_3a7568ce_400.gif.ad62d58c37a96dd4bb45caf0b8d7d99e.gif

Yeah, or when someone simply expressed caution about putting money down for a preorder

IXOW4wj.png

Looks like one of them was right, and what a surprise... it wasn't Tommy 🤯

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

30 minutes ago, SteveTheColecoDude said:

Yeah, or when someone simply expressed caution about putting money down for a preorder

IXOW4wj.png

Looks like one of them was right, and what a surprise... it wasn't Tommy 🤯

HOW DARE YOU PICK AN ARBITRARY THING HE WAS WRONG ON AND RIDICULE HIM FOR BEING WRONG!

ahem.. also here are those videos referenced by Flo and myself.

and...

• Thanks 4

2 hours ago, Flojomojo said:

I still remember seeing Pat the NES Punk and his  personal henchmen Ian hating on this site  just because Albert allowed Tommy to exercise his free speech  rights  until ( and this is very important ) it became obvious that it was all a scam, if it where up to those two no one would ever be given the benefit of the doubt and would immediately be shut down just on the suspicion that a project might become a scam.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, JPF997 said:

I still remember seeing Pat the NES Punk and his  personal henchmen Ian hating on this site  just because Albert allowed Tommy to exercise his free speech  rights  until ( and this is very important ) it became obvious that it was all a scam, if it where up to those two no one would ever be given the benefit of the doubt and would immediately be shut down just on the suspicion that a project might become a scam.

That’s an interesting take from someone who arrived here yesterday and decided to pay for a subscription. You say “exercise his free speech rights,” I say “exploited the goodwill of a community to enrich himself and his investment scam.” 

Most sites have rules about excessive self-promotion, because nobody wants to be confused between actual community discussion and advertisements. 

@Tommy Tallarico was given an excess of benefit of the doubt, when what would have been a lot more appropriate was “buyer beware.” 

You know how that story turned out, right? 

• Like 3
  • Haha 3