IGNORED

Lode Runner™ for Atari 2600

Dionoid

ZeroPage Homebrew is playing Lode Runner on tomorrow's After Dark ZPH stream LIVE on Twitch, hope you can join us!

Games:

After Dark:

(WATCH AT 1080P60 FOR BEST QUALITY)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

@llabnip is making great headway on CDFJ support for StellaDS! Doesn't yet work with CDFJ games that use ARM enhanced audio, Draconian and Mappy both crash, but others like Lode Runner™  are working well.

IMG_3183D.thumb.JPG.9116657b2c043596003c13da40453858.JPG

More info in the following topic, including links on how to install StellaDS on your Nintendo DS.

Note: while the original DS can play simple 8K, 4K, and 2K 2600 games just fine, the ARM enhanced games (DPC+, CDFJ) require a DSi for its faster CPU.  Photo is my 3DS that runs StellaDS in DSi backward compatibly mode.

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, PaulDarren said:

Hello Dion, Is there any way I can get a physical cartridge of Lode Runner for my 2600 ?  If you could produce one for me , just name your price. Thx

Lode Runner will be in the AtariAge Store soon, along with all the other 2600, 5200, and 7800 games that were released at the Portland Retro Gaming Expo last month.

..Al

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 1/24/2023 at 8:06 PM, Albert said:

Lode Runner is now available in the AtariAge Store!

https://atariage.com/store/index.php?l=product_detail&p=1274

...and this is a picture of the actual box, looking even better than the 3D-rendered image. David Exton @liveinabin did an excellent job on the artwork!

image.thumb.jpeg.e2a99d963a69ba20fec86bf49f24c94c.jpeg

...and David also made sure that the cartridge's top-label fits in with the '80s classics:

image.thumb.jpeg.dd3f2bdb5726d3e64170941add46c439.jpeg

• Like 13

On 2/1/2023 at 12:06 PM, Dionoid said:

...and this is a picture of the actual box, looking even better than the 3D-rendered image. David Exton @liveinabin did an excellent job on the artwork!

image.thumb.jpeg.e2a99d963a69ba20fec86bf49f24c94c.jpeg

...and David also made sure that the cartridge's top-label fits in with the '80s classics:

image.thumb.jpeg.dd3f2bdb5726d3e64170941add46c439.jpeg

I have Amoeba Jump and love it.  I've ordered Tower of Rubble this year and will order Lode Runner next year for the Dionoid triumvirate. Although maybe by then there will be a 4th Dionoid 2600 game?

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Dionoid said:

I am proud to announce that Lode Runner for Atari 2600 got nominated in four(!) categories for the 5th Annual Atari Homebrew Awards:

Congratulations and well-deserved Dion!  I ordered the boxed copy and I'm looking forward to adding this amazing game to my homebrew collection - great job! :thumbsup: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1