IGNORED

DO NOT READ. This thread is bad.

Ecernosoft

19 minutes ago, Ecernosoft said:

And please, do NOT yell at me because I don't respond since I'm at school or asleep

10 minutes ago, Ecernosoft said:

Dude, he's not yelling, it just feels like he was.

No one has yelled at you, period. You are mistaking any attempt to communicate, ask question or provide feedback as "yelling".

(/not_yelling) 

I would politely, in my quietest whisper of a voice, that's barely audible, nary a whisper, suggest that you should perhaps rethink how you are interacting with people who are just trying to help you.

(/not_yelling) 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Just now, Muddyfunster said:

No one has yelled at you, period. You are mistaking any attempt to communicate, ask question or provide feedback as "yelling".

(/not_yelling) 

I would politely, in my quietest whisper of a voice, that's barely audible, nary a whisper, suggest that you should perhaps rethink how you are interacting with people who are just trying to help you.

(/not_yelling) 

...... Hey guys.

I'm sorry, ok?

I've made some big mistakes.

I've made a lot of people mad at me. 

But please, I really didn't mean it. Thanks for understanding. I do appreciate your help.

Thanks,

E.C.

8 minutes ago, Muddyfunster said:

No one is mad at you. Most people are just confused because you asked for feedback and don't react well when you get feedback or people ask questions.

/shrug.

Well.... I'm a little upset. But not at you.

Today was a very bad day for me. Ok?

And because of the stupid way my brain is wired up, I accidentally took it out on you guys.

I didn't mean to do that. I said some bad things. 

Please, forgive me. 

I appreciate your thoughts and feedback. But for feedback on my game.... well....... nevermind.

Edited by Ecernosoft

Here are some of my suggestions for this project:

- Remove the screensaver -  It doesn't provide anything of value to the game ... (and apparently it's flame-war fuel... :) )

- Fix or disable left-scrolling   - IF you don't want to fix it now, THEN you should disable it.   It's confusing... and goes against the claim of 'no glitches'.

These are some of the things that are mucking up the potential for you to make this a great game.

General feedback:  Be your own -hard- critic.

- What do you feel really needs to be fixed in this game right now?

- What are other things that need to be fixed?

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, splendidnut said:

- Remove the screensaver -  It doesn't provide anything of value to the game ... (and apparently it's flame-war fuel... :) )

- Fix or disable left-scrolling   - IF you don't want to fix it now, THEN you should disable it.   It's confusing... and goes against the claim of 'no glitches'.

These are some of the things that are mucking up the potential for you to make this a great game.

General feedback:  Be your own -hard- critic.

- What do you feel really needs to be fixed in this game right now?

- What are other things that need to be fixed?

1. The physics. They are non-existant. However, since I am busy working on level design. I think what really needs to be fixed is the backwards scrolling. Why? The badlads will be a right-to-left zone.

2. My reactions to your guys's feedback ;) 

And yeah. Lol about the screensaver. I guess it causes internet wars. Instead, after 80 seconds a refrence to Sonic CD's "I'm outta here" will play instead as of V15.0.

Edited by Ecernosoft
  • Like 1

On 11/7/2022 at 2:35 PM, splendidnut said:

Publicity for your game is good no matter what flame wars it causes,it indeed provides a value. 

• Like 1

On 11/11/2022 at 5:18 PM, CloakeD said:

Publicity for your game is good no matter what flame wars it causes,it indeed provides a value. 

You are right.

I’m thankful that most of you still appreciate what I do. I might post a new version on this thread, but I probably won’t.

If you want a new version of It’s Conner Time 3, let me know, and I can make a new version.

Edit: @Eagle, I see you’ve banned me from your experiments page…. I’m sorry for asking for a game too much, please don’t follow the drama that happened before. 

Edited by Ecernosoft

Just now, Ecernosoft said:

Odd… it shows I’m banned from his experiments thread… reason for that?

You need to work on your reading comprehension a bit:

14 minutes ago, Ecernosoft said:

Edit: @Eagle, I see you’ve banned me from your experiments page

2 minutes ago, splendidnut said:

I believe you're making an incorrect assumption here... Only forum moderators have the power to ban people.  Eagle is not a mod.

Let's work thru this:

- You assumed that Eagle banned you.

- Only forum moderators can ban people.

- Eagle is not a mod.

Eagle does NOT have the power to ban you because he is not a mod.  Therefore:

10 minutes ago, Ecernosoft said:

Edit: @Eagle, I see you’ve banned me from your experiments page

You are incorrectly blaming Eagle for being banned from his experiments page.  I was merely pointing that out.

IF you are banned from that page, AND you want to know the reason, THEN you should contact one of the moderators.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, splendidnut said:

You need to work on your reading comprehension a bit:

Let's work thru this:

- You assumed that Eagle banned you.

- Only forum moderators can ban people.

- Eagle is not a mod.

Eagle does NOT have the power to ban you because he is not a mod.  Therefore:

You are incorrectly blaming Eagle for being banned from his experiments page.  I was merely pointing that out.

IF you are banned from that page, AND you want to know the reason, THEN you should contact one of the moderators.

I didn’t know how it worked, so yes, I did. Sorry ‘bout that.

and yes, I will probably contact the moderators about it, I’m not mad at him. (I’m not upset at eagle, I didn’t know how it worked. I’m not mad at anyone for that matter)

Edited by Ecernosoft

13 minutes ago, splendidnut said:

If you don't know how things work, please ASK before assuming things.  That will go a long way towards minimizing drama.

Yes.

Btw, I was never mad at @Eagle at the first place but I’m glad you bring this up.

I’m trying to minimize the drama surrounding me on this forum, and all help is appreciated!

Edir: I already went and sent something to the mods about why I was banned,

asking to get unbanned as nicely as possible.

Edited by Ecernosoft

1 hour ago, Eagle said:

OK. Let's make this clear. I reported one of your post in my topic as flood and asked to stop you from flooding my Journal.

I glad that mod listen to my request. I'm happy to help you on the forum but please stop flooding other people topics.

Regards

Dariusz

Eagle, I am very greatful for you telling me this... because yeah, I know.

I really don't belong here with my posting habits. I post way too much even when I try not to. 

It's also why I'm leaving Atariage- I might still post my games, but nothing else.

Hope you'll forgive me, as I loved seeing what you made and was very sad when you banned me. 

I would kindly ask if you would un-ban me if possible, I won't make another post there. I promise. 

Thanks.

Edit: ICTV16.0 out now

Edited by Ecernosoft

21 hours ago, Ecernosoft said:

It's also why I'm leaving Atariage- I might still post my games, but nothing else.

Hope you'll forgive me, as I loved seeing what you made and was very sad when you banned me. 

I would kindly ask if you would un-ban me if possible, I won't make another post there. I promise. 

Umm - if you are leaving Atari Age, why does it matter if you are banned from a thread?  I'm confused.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, gambler172 said:

Hey Guys

Ecerno is very young, so we should not be too hard with him. 

I disagree.  He has used that exact rationale ("I'm only 14!") to justify his behaviour after many of us have repeatedly attempted to work with him on it.  None of those attempts seem to have resulted in a change for the better.

Whether he stays or not is up to him; nobody controls what he does in that regard.  If he stays, however, he will have to stop making excuses for the things that he does rather than correcting his behaviour when called out on it.

In another two years, he'll be eligible to drive a car.  Would "I'm only 16!" be a reasonable excuse for why he ran over the elderly woman crossing the street?

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Ecernosoft said:

Works on real hardware….

abyway, goodbye:

" The rom is unsigned, so it will only run on PAL units, or flash carts and emulators that bypass the encryption check. If you run 7800sign to try and sign the rom, this is the output:

Read $C000 bytes of cartridge data.
Cartridge reset vector points outside hashed area!

Checking with a hex editor... it seems the reset vector is $4000, while the encryption hash byte is $87, which is instructing the bios to check the signature from $8000-$FFFF. This isn't a valid config.

Changing the encryption hash byte to $47 ($4000-$FFFF) allows the cart to be signed "

Edited by Defender_2600

I don't post often however i am around to see what's happening in 7800 development.

I must say the atmosphere around here is grim and little sad to say the least. Considering it's a shared forum and even though general forum ethics are not always applied by said member, this is not really the spirit i have known AA to be. After i found out they're actually 14 not 16 or even an adult, it all made sense to me.

Probably best to just show some leniency and let them be. After all most of us have 40+ years of life experience over the lad.

• Like 2