IGNORED

New Atari Jaguar Emulator with tons of options I believe it is the one from 50th Anniversary

The Helper

3 hours ago, mckafka99 said:

Although the graphic was the standard controller, to use my ‘newer version’ pro controller and the jag usb adaptor, I started by removing all the bindings it allowed me to remove (some said they had to have a bind and couldn’t remove) and then I started at the top of the list and one by one, added the appropriate controller binding. For those that ‘couldnt’ be removed, as I got to them while moving through the list, I was able to change them.

Has been a great experience so far. Even some of the ST ports work also which has been awesome!

Tried a different USB port and worked great, thanks :)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, ls650 said:

Anyone else notice that using the Super Zapper in T2K messes with the camera view?

I retract this: I built new key bindings for my iBuffalo controller (looks like a SNES controller) to get the shoulder buttons working for the 4 & 6 keypad buttons.  Now the camera pan in/out is working fine.

I spent about an hour playing T2K... great game and the emulator seems near-perfect with this game now.

• Like 4

On 12/1/2022 at 2:31 PM, zzip said:

According to the site, this emulator is written from scratch using only publically available documentation, but there is a cryptic mention of arrangement with Digital Eclipse.

Don't know what to make of that?

image.thumb.png.bfa6ff32dbc2e95b614eba4fd01c0f1c.png

Big hats off to the guys at Digital Eclipse for allowing Rich to make this freely available for all. What an awesome Christmas present he's given us. So joyful to hear " where did you learn to fly AND supercharger recharged" again after all these years.

Best of luck Rich with your surgery this coming Tuesday December 6th. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

I heard about this when it was released the other day but just now got around to it. I don't use a ton of emulators (and haven't tried a Jag Emu before) but I love the interface for this.

Played through the full Predator campaign on AvP with 2x RISC/68k cores and didn't notice much of an issue, apart from the collision detection being just slightly off (of course it wasn't perfect to begin with, maybe that was . 

Tried SuperCross 3D out of curiousity and even with everything cranked up, the game still plays like you're driving underwater

I-War seemed to have some issues (ran too fast at defaults, some flicker) but I don't know if that's always the case for that game

IS2 froze when I cranked up the cores, so I guess it doesn't like that too much :P

I could never get Phaze Zero to work on my JagGD but works great here. Even more so if you push the speed up, although it does become slightly hard to play when really fast.

I tried recording part of my AvP run but can't find the file nor anything in the manual about where it records. Anyone know?

Just my experience but really enjoy it - kudos to Rich and hope he's able to beat that cancer back

Edited by Shaggy the Atarian
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, Jagosaurus said:

Has any1 (or collectively) tested all retail/licensed 52 cart games? What official releases are not working?

Interested to see if any Jag cart games are now not able to be emulated between BPE, Pheonix, & VJ as options. 

The web site has an entire page dedicated to this exact question...

https://www.richwhitehouse.com/jaguar/index.php?content=compat

Edited by ls650
  • Like 2

@ls650 thanks. Haven't DLed or navigated his site. 

That looks like 50 titles... quick scan refreshed my memory it was 50 vs 52 carts. Being... 44 standard releases + 5 extended support Telegames cart releases + Air Cars ... 

This is amazing. Only titles with caveats look to be Doom & VD Ski.

Edited by Jagosaurus

Had anyone on here attempted to download and try it on an Atari VCS? I don't have any need to emulate the Jaguar myself but playing them on the VCS may be kind of fun. 

I would assume it would work given you boot into PC Mode and go to the website and download, then somehow throw roms into the VCS or on a USB.

50 minutes ago, UHATEIT said:

Had anyone on here attempted to download and try it on an Atari VCS? I don't have any need to emulate the Jaguar myself but playing them on the VCS may be kind of fun. 

I would assume it would work given you boot into PC Mode and go to the website and download, then somehow throw roms into the VCS or on a USB.

It's part of the Atari 50 (whenever it releases on VCS), so there's no reason it shouldn't work on VCS

I do plan on trying it myself soon

1 hour ago, UHATEIT said:

In PC Mode you would boot to Windows and run it.  It would work fine.

1 minute ago, Atari Nut said:

In PC Mode you would boot to Windows and run it.  It would work fine.

Yeah just tried. Tho for me I'm on that Atari USB they sold that has Devian and Linux so there is no Windows on my PC Mode. But if I grab a USB with Windows then I'll try it. I tried downloading Wine to let a Windows program load and unzip on a Linux device but the program did nothing. 

Just now, UHATEIT said:

Yeah just tried. Tho for me I'm on that Atari USB they sold that has Devian and Linux so there is no Windows on my PC Mode. But if I grab a USB with Windows then I'll try it. I tried downloading Wine to let a Windows program load and unzip on a Linux device but the program did nothing. 

It runs really well under Wine too (windows emulation layer for linux),  

On 12/3/2022 at 10:19 AM, mckafka99 said:

Even some of the ST ports work also which has been awesome!

Which ones? I need Star Wars Arcade in my life! 😂 

On 12/3/2022 at 3:24 AM, cuda_man said:

Thinking of Rich Whitehouse as he fights cancer.

I wonder how his serious procedure at hospital went today? Hopefully we’ll all hear some good news soon. 

• Like 1

On 12/1/2022 at 9:37 PM, sirlynxalot said:

Um you can get a USB adapter and be using a Jaguar controller with this emulator very easily!  I was using the replica pro controllers with the emu today in fact!  http://www.2600-daptor.com/Jaguar-daptor.htm

Ordered mine this past Sunday. I mentioned the reason that I was ordering was specifically for this emulator. He said that explains a lot why sales of Jag-adapters have jumped! 😆 and I don’t even own a jag controller right now.. i’m close to getting one locally,I just got a seal the deal. 

2 hours ago, sirlynxalot said:

the icon

How did you make this out? I need my eyes checked! lol

mini.JPG

I read the full readme file in the zip. I didn't make the connection with the icon as his child. doh!

Edited by Zeptari1

1 hour ago, sirlynxalot said:

I noticed the icon for the emulator is a baby. Anyone know the significance?  Rich's baby?

From the README.TXT included in the download ZIP:

Thank you to my daughter, Alaura, for brightening my life from the moment of her birth.

By the way, if you go into the settings, you can find a switch to check and download version 1.01, which has some very interesting comments about bug fixes:

Version 1.01
- Added variable-sized EEPROM support, thanks to Reboot for providing some test cases. 512 byte and 2KB EEPROM settings are picked up from the MRQ file if it exists, otherwise any number of EEPROM address bits can be specified via the -eeprombits command line option.
- Added JaguarGD bank switching support.
- Fix for exception-handled M68K reads in unmapped address space.
- Fix for Blitter not correctly wrapping cyan/red on add when ADDDSEL is set, thanks to ScatoLOGIC for reporting the BattleSphere bug which led to this fix.
- Fix for Blitter not starting on the correct bit when block width is less than pixel size and phrase mode is not enabled, thanks to ScatoLOGIC for reporting the BattleSphere bug which led to this fix.
- Going in for a major surgery tomorrow (2022/12/06), so expect that I'll be mostly unavailable and that there won't be any emulator updates for at least a couple of weeks.

• Like 5