IGNORED

Off-Topic / Dumping Thread

Omega-TI

11 hours ago, senior_falcon said:

That is really nice and a great memory!

Another memory is that somewhere in that windbreak, friends and I buried a time capsule.  I think that might be where my R2D2 with telescope went.  It was undisturbed when we moved, and I was the last of us kids left who knew about it.

• Like 1

A german TV station has a series called SchleFaZ... worst movies of all times [Schechteste Filme aller Zeiten] ... Attack of the killer tomatoes (1978) is my favorite worst film so far ... this could be a challenger.

Pastalavista!

Steve

Edited by SteveB
  • Like 4

57 minutes ago, SteveB said:

A german TV station has a series called SchleFaZ... worst movies of all times [Schechteste Filme aller Zeiten] ... Attack of the killer tomatoes (1978) is my favorite worst film so far ... this could be a challenger.

Pastalavista!

Steve

i call these movies awfulsome   as they are both awful and awesome 

my favorite awfulsome movie has to be beastmaster and 2nd place is megaforce :)

• Like 1

The fun thing about this TV series (which I know well, too) is that while you watch the movie, you get some joking overlay comments from the two hosts of the show. If I remember correctly, Oliver Kalkofe was inspired by the German release of Mystery Science Theatre 3000 and then launched this series of "Worst Movies of All Times" with his colleague Peter Rütten. It's absolutely hilarious.

Ah, there is a Wikipedia entry: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SchleFaZ

• Like 1

On 6/18/2023 at 11:48 AM, SteveB said:

Then you need to watch Return of the Killer Tomatoes ;)

• Like 5

image.thumb.jpeg.18ff096e3587336504c7840589141803.jpeg

I attended the premier/screening of this gem, at Kips Bay Cinemas. I remember asking my parents(having also read the book), in all earnest, "Was that supposed to be the monster?". That was about the same time, people from the audience, started getting-up and leaving! We, and a few others, made it through to the end... but did not enjoy it. Though the movie is awful, I believe it was the lack of justice to the book, that really made people leave.

One of the most hilarious flicks in that series was the German version of "Tie Chao Ren" (German Title "Roboter der Sterne", engl. "robots from the stars"): https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0365808/ with an absurd, confusing story; effects like from a 10-year-old playing with his plastic robot toy; and utterly cheesy dialogs, as the German dubbing team neither understood the Japanese text nor had any other hints, so they invented the dialog from scratch.

On 6/18/2023 at 1:48 PM, SteveB said:

Pastalavista!

Steve

One of the classic "so bad it's good" movies is Plan 9 From Outer Space.

Another contender is Teenagers from Outer Space. The monster is a lobster!!!

Sequels tend to go downhill, so:

Hell Comes to Frogtown is a fun show featuring the wrestler "Rowdy Roddy Piper"

The sequel is Return To Frogtown, and it is adequate, but quite a bit worse. That one was direct to VHS tape.

Finally comes Toad Warrier or Max Hell Frog Warrior. Absolutely abysmal.

Another contender is Jack Frost 2: Revenge of the Mutant Killer Snowman

There are so many.....

2 hours ago, senior_falcon said:

One of the classic "so bad it's good" movies is Plan 9 From Outer Space.

Another contender is Teenagers from Outer Space. The monster is a lobster!!!

Sequels tend to go downhill, so:

Hell Comes to Frogtown is a fun show featuring the wrestler "Rowdy Roddy Piper"

The sequel is Return To Frogtown, and it is adequate, but quite a bit worse. That one was direct to VHS tape.

Finally comes Toad Warrier or Max Hell Frog Warrior. Absolutely abysmal.

Another contender is Jack Frost 2: Revenge of the Mutant Killer Snowman

There are so many.....

Don't forget 2015's Turbo Kid.

On 6/4/2023 at 1:35 AM, Torrax said:

Yeah the PT is going fine, but getting frustrated over the time it takes to get decent strength back.  Best I can do now is upgrade my old Xbox One X with a 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SATA SSD.  Hopefully the cat will leave the screws alone as I do this.  The full towers will have to wait another 2 months.

Cat? Not play with loose screws? What planet are you from that you could even contemplate the possibility of such heresy?  ;)

• Haha 1

She left the screws alone but took off with a couple of q-tips that I was going to use for cleaning.  Lucky I had several there so I didn't mind.

Now I have a fast and clean Xbox One X.  No scripts needed just a spare 16GB USB stick with OSU1 on it.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...