IGNORED

Off-Topic / Dumping Thread

Omega-TI

1 hour ago, OLD CS1 said:

For non-native English speakers out there, "read" is pronounced like "lead" and "read" is pronounced like "lead".

and then you get to the various triple combinations that all sound the same but have totally different usages:

to       too      two

read    reed    rede

• Like 1

I dare not tell you how long I rhymed "crevice" and "novice" with "device". That is similar to the German words mentioned above: the point of stress. Romance languages and Greek often use an accent to indicate it, not the Germanic languages.

If you wonder how we native speakers get along with some difficult aspects in our language: not always, and it is that facepalm moment when you notice you have been misreading that word several times.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mizapf said:

If you once had a diarrhea in your skiing vacation, with your ski suit and ski boots on, desperately trying to reach the safe harbor before Bad Things happen, you won't laugh about that one. :-D

Try being 12 years-old, on the school bus, and having to head straight to the nurse to call your mom to come get you because you Terrance and Philliped in your snow pants.

• Haha 5

14 hours ago, mizapf said:

Se una volta hai avuto la diarrea durante la tua vacanza sulla neve, con la tuta da sci e gli scarponi da sci addosso, cercando disperatamente di raggiungere il porto sicuro prima che accadano cose brutte, non riderai di quello.:-D

this is truly terrible!!🤣

• Like 1

With my retro systems, i never allow snacks near them.

But when it comes to my PC well, i'm guilty. Usually a bag of Lay's chips, a sardine quesadilla, or just a PB toast.

I'm going to have to clean out my keyboard crumbs soon, maybe package them up and sell them? ;-)

crumbs.thumb.jpg.f02f70fa20867f893c7640d366b292a6.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

34 minutes ago, jrhodes said:

With my retro systems, i never allow snacks near them.

But when it comes to my PC well, i'm guilty. Usually a bag of Lay's chips, a sardine quesadilla, or just a PB toast.

I'm going to have to clean out my keyboard crumbs soon, maybe package them up and sell them? ;-)

crumbs.thumb.jpg.f02f70fa20867f893c7640d366b292a6.jpg

Considering the number of keyboards I have had to clean, replace, or set on fire because of people who eat lunch at their desks, this kind-of turned my stomach.

• Haha 4

My cat likes to lay on my keyboard, or have her paws streched across it.  So I'm finding bits of cat litter in my keyboards the past 3 years.  It's a constant battle of cat hair and litter in my cleaning woes.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, InsaneMultitasker said:

Well now, this brings back a few unsavory support-related memories I had thought were sufficiently buried within the depths of my subconscious.  Oh, dear.

514438860_hamstertriggered.gif.8c80c98cf03f0a486b0e46bec240590b.gif

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, InsaneMultitasker said:

Well now, this brings back a few unsavory support-related memories I had thought were sufficiently buried within the depths of my subconscious.  Oh, dear.

ARGH!  me too.   News reporter terminal keyboards. YUUUk! 

You have yet to see the Federal worker that turns up at their desk with a giant carton of sardines and crackers and the largest Big Gulp cup ever made, spewing all kinds of random detritus on the keyboard, monitor, desk, chair, and floor. You almost need to be in a full hazmat suit to enter the cube to clean it. . .

• Haha 3

43 minutes ago, Ksarul said:

You have yet to see the Federal worker that turns up at their desk with a giant carton of sardines and crackers and the largest Big Gulp cup ever made, spewing all kinds of random detritus on the keyboard, monitor, desk, chair, and floor. You almost need to be in a full hazmat suit to enter the cube to clean it. . .

The only solution.

flamethrower.thumb.jpg.81076e7d8afd5cd509c986c783e270a1.jpg

43 minutes ago, Ksarul said:

giant carton of sardines and crackers

What the hell is wrong with people?!

The IBM Model M keyboards could take a licking (no pun intended) yet that always meant a more disgusting mess by the time they quit working.  One of my enterprising workers on the field tech side of the house like to call these treasures "keyboard archaeological digs".   I knew better than to respond to his, "want to see what I found" questions. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Torrax said:

Al mio gatto piace sdraiarsi sulla mia tastiera o allungare le zampe su di essa. Quindi negli ultimi 3 anni ho trovato pezzi di lettiera di gatto nelle mie tastiere. È una battaglia costante tra peli di gatto e rifiuti nei miei problemi di pulizia.

Here I am! I have 2 cats, I know something about it..🤣🤣 Once I was almost done typing a game when I suddenly... er... ran off to the bathroom. while I was there I thought "noooo look at that.. " I returned and was almost tempted to start the Ti99 program, given the series of hieroglyphs they had managed to write🤣 Who has cats like this at home?🙋🏻‍♂️

• Like 3

1 hour ago, jrhodes said:

I know i just posted yesterday, but...

Take a gander at this. I've done my share of sketchy 💩, but this... Why?!

Hide contents

They do make adapters you know.

Because Gorfus the Barbarian wanted it so. . .LOLOLOL

• Haha 2

On 1/29/2024 at 11:18 PM, Ksarul said:

You must be talking about someone I used to work with <lol>, did pretty much the same thing.  To add insult to injury, he would routinely throw his empty can of sardines into other people's trash cans.

• Like 1

On 1/29/2024 at 11:18 PM, Ksarul said:

Now, now. That post hits awfully close to home.

• Haha 3