IGNORED

Off-Topic / Dumping Thread

Omega-TI

This really reminds me of a notorious party song from German Mickie Krause (one of those beach party hits that you can only endure drunken):

Geh' mal Bier hol'n
Du wirst schon wieder hässlich

("Go get some more beer -

you're getting ugly again...")

• Haha 8

36 minutes ago, mizapf said:

This really reminds me of a notorious party song from German Mickie Krause (one of those beach party hits that you can only endure drunken):

Geh' mal Bier hol'n
Du wirst schon wieder hässlich

("Go get some more beer -

you're getting ugly again...")

• Haha 4

1 hour ago, HOME AUTOMATION said:

I wonder if anybody here might know where these could have come from...:twisted:

image.thumb.png.09c7dd598141a51a194da853d717f2d8.png

:-D @Gary from OPA

The genuine bowser.sys file is a software component of Microsoft Windows Operating System by Microsoft.

A driver for Windows NT, this system file supports the NT Lan Manager Datagram Receiver.

It allows your NT workstation to communicate with the Datagram Receiver hardware.

The original bowser.sys is an important part of Windows and rarely causes problems.

Bowser.sys is located in the C:\Windows\System32\drivers folder.

Known file sizes on Windows 10/11/7 are 69,632 bytes (60% of all occurrences), 68,608 bytes or 78,336 bytes. https://www.file.net/process/bowser.sys.html 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I admit I only know this "wasssupp??!" from Scary Movie - now I know the background. Somewhat.

About that song I mentioned, here is a video. Just to give you an idea of that piece of culture...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gary from OPA said:

The genuine bowser.sys file is a software component of Microsoft Windows Operating System by Microsoft.

A driver for Windows NT, this system file supports the NT Lan Manager Datagram Receiver.

It allows your NT workstation to communicate with the Datagram Receiver hardware.

The original bowser.sys is an important part of Windows and rarely causes problems.

Bowser.sys is located in the C:\Windows\System32\drivers folder.

Known file sizes on Windows 10/11/7 are 69,632 bytes (60% of all occurrences), 68,608 bytes or 78,336 bytes. https://www.file.net/process/bowser.sys.html 

Not being much of an expert at networking, that all sounds rather foreboding!:dunce:

I'm sure I've managed to disable many Wintel, components.:evil: Especially the ones needed for updating.:cool:

I noticed it in the Registry, while trying to undo whatever I'd done to disable GameDVR.:roll:

Honestly, by the time that I finally got it going(Hrs.) ...I think the real issue was that I always Shut Down, Vs. Restart!:twisted:

It's not like it used to be.:ponder: I think there are flags now, that tell how the system was shutdown, and thus how it will Power-up.:razz:

Former Blizzard/Xbox video game executive believes players should tip developers.

"At the end of the game, I've often thought 'I wish I could give these folks another $10 or $20 because it was worth more than my initial $70 and they didn't try to nickel and dime me every second.'"

20240416_202046.jpg

• Haha 1

If they want tips, figure out how to make dlc and games "pay what you want". I.E. you can't download it for free (unless explicitly listed as free to start with), but can pay as little as what ever base dollar price is set by the devs. If you want, you can come back and give more later. Kind of like how Itch.io is for some games.

Edited by jrhodes

No Google 35 years ago no driving directions or maps...

But some tornado trofeo's had this..with speech.

My 1990 TROFEO just has the touch screen computer without the maps app.

Edited by GDMike
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Gary from OPA said:

Former Blizzard/Xbox video game executive believes players should tip developers.

AAA game development is dying.  It killed itself by telling the customers what they will like and will buy, rather than listening to what they want and like, then shaming them for what they want and like.  AA and indi developers do not do this, they make good games, and are on the rise.

I originally wanted to attribute the economic concept of "creative destruction."  But, giving customers what they want is not a new concept.   Rather, it is the successful concept.

gamedevsthenandnow.thumb.png.c23428dc93fc5ac0e7b38dd9085e48a2.png

• Haha 1

A GROUP OF GOOGLE CLOUD EMPLOYEES HAVE FORCEFULLY
ENTERED THE CEO’S OFFICE AND HAVE THREATENED TO STAY THERE UNTIL GOOGLE CANCELS ITS $1.2 BILLION CONTRACT WITH THE ISRAEL GOVERNMENT

It lasted 8 hours before they got arrested

https://www.dailywire.com/news/google-employees-arrested-while-occupying-ceos-office-with-anti-israel-demands

20240416_230517.jpg

Edited by Gary from OPA
  • Confused 1