IGNORED

Off-Topic / Dumping Thread

Omega-TI

Atariage on Chrome suddenly quit working. I am getting the following 500 error when trying to open an Atariage.com site. But it seems to be working fine on Firefox? When I try to open in Chrome it first gives the following in the URL "https://forums.atariage.com/admin/install/" then it adds the comment segment on the end. Did a certificate just run out?

Just got on my other laptop and this is not happening, I will try to restart the other and see if it disappears.

Bad Chrome.jpg

Edited by RickyDean
additional content

37 minutes ago, Tursi said:

None of my programming friends whom I have talked to have yet been able to tell me a single use case for AI saving them time, save creating a code framework - a task that takes mere minutes anyway.

hehehe a number of my programmer friends say they spend more time fixing AI code than it would take to write their own.  IIRC, Google has directed its programmers to not use AI for code.

2 hours ago, RickyDean said:

Atariage on Chrome suddenly quit working. I am getting the following 500 error when trying to open an Atariage.com site. But it seems to be working fine on Firefox? When I try to open in Chrome it first gives the following in the URL "https://forums.atariage.com/admin/install/" then it adds the comment segment on the end. Did a certificate just run out?

Just got on my other laptop and this is not happening, I will try to restart the other and see if it disappears.

Bad Chrome.jpg

A restart of my win11 laptop didn't fix this issue and now Firefox is starting it on the same computer. Would anyone know if a known virus would cause this. It's just happening on Atariage. This is the same computer I was getting the Windows Defender messages on about a week or so ago.

6 hours ago, RickyDean said:

Bad Chrome.jpg

I had the same thing on Firefox, I deleted the cookies and it's ok

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tursi said:

I think the only people who are finding it creates the code faster are those who couldn't write it anyway, and there are no metrics at all about whether the code that was generated /actually worked/.

I have to admit, when setting up my Linux NAS on a mini-pc last month, I had quite some bash scripts written by ChatGPT. 

It understood very well what I wanted and created code with error-checking and comments, which ran immediately. In some cases I started simple and added features in the dialog ... ignore .zfs directories, write a logfile, ...

It was fun. And spared me from learning the bash syntax, in which I have no real interest in. 

37 minutes ago, SteveB said:

I have to admit, when setting up my Linux NAS on a mini-pc last month, I had quite some bash scripts written by ChatGPT. 

It understood very well what I wanted and created code with error-checking and comments, which ran immediately. In some cases I started simple and added features in the dialog ... ignore .zfs directories, write a logfile, ...

It was fun. And spared me from learning the bash syntax, in which I have no real interest in. 

Sounds like the future is coming at us quickly. 

Robot collapses after working for 10 hours!

Time to start a new movement... Robot lives matter.. Unionize the robots... Better paid... More charging breaks... Free maintenance... Paid vacation leave...

Please donate now, and let's free the robots from forced slavery and horrible work conditions!

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Gary from OPA said:

Time to start a new movement... Robot lives matter.. Unionize the robots... Better paid... More charging breaks... Free maintenance... Paid vacation leave...

Just euthanize them.

Xmas in July... Why not...

https://www.hallmark.com/ornaments/keepsake-ornaments/original-xbox-console-ornament-with-light-and-sound-2299QXI7944.html

Hallmark will have an Xbox Console Ornament (with light and sound) for $22.99 on July 13th. The ornament features the console bootup sound and music from Halo: Combat Evolved

20240413_195313.jpg

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Gary from OPA said:

Sam's Club is dumping the Meta Quest 2

20240413_011154.jpg

So, that's what I see on America's Funniest Home Videos!  (I call it Pratfall Theater).  Must confess, it's amusing watching people walking into walls and stuff-- only because it isn't my $2000 TV that got knocked over and broken...

K-R.

When you got to transport the whole library of congress with you, imagine the amount of PDFs you can carry with you now:

Instead of packing a few dozen high-end SSDs into your backpack, Western Digital offers the Ultrastar Transporter, a storage solution that allows users to easily transport a massive 368 TB of SSD storage.

https://www.notebookcheck.net/Western-Digital-s-368-TB-SSD-weighs-28-to-33-pounds-and-is-portable.826532.0.html

ultrastar-transporter-carry-q82-w480-h.webp

Edited by Gary from OPA
  • Like 2

DJ's here in Calgary, I did lunch with him once and saw some of his robotics projects.

Oddly, he also knows one of the guys I worked with down in San Francisco at Neato. ;) Small world!

Per the new Roku user agreement on forced arbitration, I sent a written opt-out to Roku's general counsel.  I included my Roku account information, TV serial number and purchase receipt.  They received it on April 2, 2024.  As of tonight, April 14, 2024, my TCL Roku TV still requires that I accept the agreement in order to use it.

I brought up a support agent on chat, who told me that I could continue using my TV by performing a factory reset, after which I would be limited to live TV and HDMI.  This is not what I understood would be the result of the opt-out.

I am pursuing this further.

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, OLD CS1 said:

Per the new Roku user agreement on forced arbitration, I sent a written opt-out to Roku's general counsel.  I included my Roku account information, TV serial number and purchase receipt.  They received it on April 2, 2024.  As of tonight, April 14, 2024, my TCL Roku TV still requires that I accept the agreement in order to use it.

I brought up a support agent on chat, who told me that I could continue using my TV by performing a factory reset, after which I would be limited to live TV and HDMI.  This is not what I understood would be the result of the opt-out.

I am pursuing this further.

If you can convince a local TV station to do the story that gets people's attention.

Better if it's a national network station where the story can get distributed across the country. 

27 minutes ago, TheBF said:

If you can convince a local TV station to do the story that gets people's attention.

Better if it's a national network station where the story can get distributed across the country.

There are options.

https://www.wfla.com/8-on-your-side/better-call-behnken/

https://wsvn.com/news/help-me-howard/

• Like 1