IGNORED

Off-Topic / Dumping Thread

Omega-TI

Old CS1!!!!!!!

NES 72 pin cart connector FTW.

Boiled for 5 minutes and re-attached to main board PCB. For the first time in two decades, my NES plays games without the flashing at startup, I dont have to insert or re-insert over and over... no blowing on the cart....

Insert, drop down the toaster, and instant fun. :). Pretty neat

Really a simple operation, and has made my NES like new again. I suggest it for anyone who has blinky flash issues. :)

This one was filthy inside, as you can see... I cleaned it up, cleaned the PCB contacts and boiled the connector. Like a fresh pair of Chuck Taylors now...

post-24953-0-50905400-1524582966_thumb.jpeg

post-24953-0-63700000-1524582984_thumb.jpeg

Edited by Opry99er
  • Like 1

I replaced three of mine with refurbs. If you do go the route of refurbs watch for the ones which say they are not too tight. The first couple I got you can shake the system around by just the cartridge and it will not release. The third I got lets carts move in and out nice a smooth-like.

Thanks for the tip. I think Im good for the next 20 years or so. :)

The pins arent bent, they were just dirty and corroded. A boiling and alcohol bath fixed it right up.

I do have a second NES that may actually require more work... I may have to actually either bend the pins back out or get a refurb or even an after market connector.

• Like 1

I second the boiling connector trick. I had an NES that I bought at a garage sale for 3 bucks untested. It looked like it spent time in an outdoor storage shed. Cleaned it up, boiled the connector, cleaned all all my carts and it works flawlessly.

• Like 1

When doing the CHATTI thing with Shift838 tonight, the topic came up of how easy it would be for anyone to run a BBS with the TIPI's WifI capabilities. "Imagine if you will," a BBS program in a 512K FR99 image and storing it's database on the TIPI.

Or a 24/7 mailbox feature for TI'ers running on the Rpi in the background using the TI as a front-end interface for it.

Or... If the Rpi was doing the actual Internet activity, could it be possible to someday get your GMAIL on an F18A equipped TIPI system?

• Like 1

When doing the CHATTI thing with Shift838 tonight, the topic came up of how easy it would be for anyone to run a BBS with the TIPI's WifI capabilities. "Imagine if you will," a BBS program in a 512K FR99 image and storing it's database on the TIPI.

Or a 24/7 mailbox feature for TI'ers running on the Rpi in the background using the TI as a front-end interface for it.

Or... If the Rpi was doing the actual Internet activity, could it be possible to someday get your GMAIL on an F18A equipped TIPI system?

yep

I could write these in basic today. so could you

Greg

yep

I could write these in basic today. so could you

Greg

Huh? You're a better man than me. I must have really missed something along the way, because even using T80XB by Harry Wilhelm for Extended BASIC I don't know how I would go about using the TI in XB with the TIPI and F18A to get my GMAIL.

Huh? You're a better man than me. I must have really missed something along the way, because even using T80XB by Harry Wilhelm for Extended BASIC I don't know how I would go about using the TI in XB with the TIPI and F18A to get my GMAIL.

no I just try instead of making excuses.. The tcp code is in tipi, not that its documented for basic yet.. but its there.. you would just open a file to the tipi, request the http page, interpret it into a display and display it.. what we really need is a copy of lynx for the 4/a..but im not sure there's enough ram..

today you could check your gmail by running telnet, telnetting to TIPI port 23, and typing lynx gmail.com if lynx is not installed it's just apt-get install lynx to install it.. there you are checking your gmail on your ti..

you might need to set a terminal type: export TERM=vt100 (or ansi)

also there's no arrow keys in telnet (yet) so it may be interesting ;)

• Like 1

10 open "PI.http://www.thekeep.net",INPUT

20 input #1: a$

30 print a$

40 goto 20

run that and it reads in my website (small page its just a redirect) and displays it on the ti.. that's super basic..in basic.. with some other code we could easily display http pages correctly.. and there's no end of file detection so it'll io error at the end of the page by the way

My son and I have been just crushing it playing classic games the past few weeks. Im inching closer to my 100k goal on Mine Storm (Vectrex) and about halfway there to my 20k goal on GORF (2600).

He has taken a liking to Faxanadu (NES) which I totally get because it was always my favorite game when I was a young lad. Now that I have this CRT, my daughter Daisy is going to get to try her hand at Duck Hunt for the first time and I am excited for that. :)

Yea man. I go through spurts where I dont REALLY play games for months. Then I hit a two week high like this when all our free time is either fishing or playing video games and it is really fun.

Going to be tons of fun getting the kids yelling at that stupid f******* dog on Duck Hunt when he rips on them for missing the ducks. :D