IGNORED

Off-Topic / Dumping Thread

Omega-TI

i watched these and then read up on the process some. it's really cool how he uses a Pi device to offload the processing, sort of like an expanded MMC chip (if that makes sense).

We have the ability to do specifically what he is demonstrating with the F18A. Using the GPU functionality we can directly manipulate the graphics while the console's 9900 does the mundane stuff. I have considered this while continuing to dream of a GEOS port for the TI.

• Like 3

We have the ability to do specifically what he is demonstrating with the F18A. Using the GPU functionality we can directly manipulate the graphics while the console's 9900 does the mundane stuff. I have considered this while continuing to dream of a GEOS port for the TI.

I'm not that familiar with GEOS, but I have also been playing around with an idea like yours, and I assume we need to be able to move multiple windows on top of each other. If we need the F18A to be aware of the content of all windows on the screen and take full responsibility of the drawing, that content would have to be represented in a pretty compact way to fit into the VDP RAM. Have you thought about how that would work?

Anyway, this is definitely not a topic for the OT thread.

Edited by Asmusr

I'm not that familiar with GEOS, but I have also been playing around with an idea like yours, and I assume we need to be able to move multiple windows on top of each other. If we need the F18A to be aware of the content of all windows on the screen and take full responsibility of the drawing, that content would have to be represented in a pretty compact way to fit into the VDP RAM. Have you thought about how that would work?

Anyway, this is definitely not a topic for the OT thread.

I have given only minor consideration. GEOS has a very limited windowing capability, so having some structures of window contents stashed around in VDP RAM is not out of the question. The OS itself just needs to keep track of those, when necessary. Since the OS is not capable of multi-tasking and each application is very simple, the amount of data needing to be moved around is minimal, but the F18A can do so in a blink. Populating a newly opened window area would take a little time. Although for certain dialogues it might be possible to pre-populate a cache. Menus, for instance, even the basic file browse dialogue. I have considered storing information in a GDI-style of simple commands for the GPU to execute to draw window primitives (buttons, text fields, etc.)

I would call this totally NOT OT! Pretty good work. I think a little polishing for things like sounds for swoops and saucers, even saucers entering from the left, it completely possible with the 2600. Well done homage!

• Like 1

I've found that if you use the mobile version it affects the all the other devices you sign in on, but there is a way around that...

When you drag your finger down on the screen, you see the URL and THREE DOTS.

gallery_35324_1027_49831.jpg

Press your finger on the three dots and you'll get a pop over window...

After it pops up, use your finger to scroll down and then check the "Desktop Site" button.

gallery_35324_1027_89797.jpg

Once checked you'll get whatever theme you usually use.

gallery_35324_1027_10571.jpg

When you are done doing what you need, just reverse the procedure by un-checking the box and you'll be back in mobile mode... WITHOUT AFFECTING your AtarAge settings.

Just heard on TV, made me smile: How many Germans does it take to change a light bulb? - One. We're efficient, and we don't have any humor whatsoever.

(This is certainly not true. People who know about the new Berlin Airport will agree that it takes considerably more Germans to change a light bulb, and some more to mess things up completely. But it happens in a planned way.)

• Like 7

I got 2500. I tried squashing and dropping the baddies, but that did not work. I guess there is a way to fight them?

2500, same here. This plays as nice on my cellphone as it does on my big computer.

I like the way they have "shakes" for lives. If gives you three "shakes" at it!

post-35324-0-07080000-1529071348.jpg

I found squashing the baddies was next to impossible, but i did manage to do it, once.

I got 444 points for that. A reference to the "turn this 404 into 444" on the game page?

I had one of them exploded at some point.  Not sure how that happened, but I did end that game with 2944, which would be the 2500 base for the level plus the 444 points.

2500, same here. This plays as nice on my cellphone as it does on my big computer.

I like the way they have "shakes" for lives. If gives you three "shakes" at it!

Huh, my screen is too small to see those so I did not notice them. Oh, and BOOOO HISSSSS :P

• 2 weeks later...

That reminds me... I don't think I still have the photo, but in Shanghai I found a little shop with a bottle of "The Hottest Fucking Sauce" hot sauce on the tables. Interestingly, it was a bilingual label, and the Chinese version translated (according to Google) to "American hot pepper sauce". ;)

Edit: Oh! I found it! And the English version was even better than I remembered!

post-12959-0-69174300-1530059589_thumb.jpg

Edited by Tursi
  • Like 3

Our local grocery store shuffled the aisles (again) in an effort to bring value to the customer. Hah. I found the orb in Tunnels of Doom faster than I can find standard food items.

This caught my eye while traipsing through dungeon 8.

i'll have to see if dad can find some of this stuff- i miss living in TX :)