IGNORED

The Atari 2600+ is live for preorders!

jgkspsx

13 hours ago, T.A.P. said:

For any one that got to try them, do the new joysticks feel like the old ones? Any differences?

I think they are the premier option in 2023, including a bit better than the Best Electronics gold rebuilt units which are awesome. I found them miles better than the Flashback ones, which I think are acceptable but uninspiring.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, MrZarniwoop said:

I think they are the premier option in 2023, including a bit better than the Best Electronics gold rebuilt units which are awesome. I found them miles better than the Flashback ones, which I think are acceptable but uninspiring.

That is high praise, hopefully they have the same durability as the Best CX40s as well.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ben from Plaion said:

28cm x 19cm x 7cm

I was also eager to know the console and box measures. Thank you so much. Please get the console to sell in Brazil. Here are some of the most popular stores in the country:

Magazine Luiza

Sipolatti

Casa e vídeo

Lojas americanas (huge)

Casas bahia

Havan

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

Hm, that's a box volume of 3,724 cm³. The original console was 34.5 x 23.2 x 9.8 cm, which is 7844 cm³. 

Which means overall the 2600+ is ~47.5% the size of the original one. No?

Maybe modern packaging where they use more cardboard and less styrofoam helps reduce the volume?

1 hour ago, zzip said:

Maybe modern packaging where they use more cardboard and less styrofoam helps reduce the volume?

Nope, Thomas is comparing the sizes of the consoles themselves and not the outer boxes 😉

Looking at the numbers the outer measurements are each around 80% of the original measurements. The total volume of the console is much smaller indeed (3 times 80%).

Edited by Fred_M
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Aloan said:

I was also eager to know the console and box measures. Thank you so much. Please get the console to sell in Brazil. Here are some of the most popular stores in the country:

Magazine Luiza

Sipolatti

Casa e vídeo

Lojas americanas (huge)

Casas bahia

Havan

And, of course, Amazon is great here too, that should make things easier since it is being sold from them in other countries.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Ben from Plaion said:

Box weight 1.5KG

Box Dimensions 40cm x 19cm x 11cm 

Thanks Ben.  Greatly appreciated.

Next question.  We can see that the 2600+ EU / UK importer is Plaion - is this true for the units that ship to the U.S. as well?  Or are they going direct to Atari, Amazon, etc?

And I guess that leads to another question... anyone know if these are going retail like the Gamestation has?   

We know the Gamestation is in Costco, Gamestop, OfficeDepot, Barnes&noble, BJ's club, Target, Kohls, etc...

Atari2600+Tag.png

14 hours ago, PowerDubs said:

Thanks Ben.  Greatly appreciated.

Next question.  We can see that the 2600+ EU / UK importer is Plaion - is this true for the units that ship to the U.S. as well?  Or are they going direct to Atari, Amazon, etc?

And I guess that leads to another question... anyone know if these are going retail like the Gamestation has?   

We know the Gamestation is in Costco, Gamestop, OfficeDepot, Barnes&noble, BJ's club, Target, Kohls, etc...

Atari2600+Tag.png

Yes Plaion is the global distributor of the Atari 2600+, we have stock shipped and at warehouses in the US, Europe, Australia and some other selected international territories.

Currently in the US the machine is available from Atari.com and Amazon.com

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 8/24/2023 at 2:57 PM, Albert said:

Here are the differences between the original version of Berzerk (as produced by Atari in the 80s) and the new Berzerk Enhanced version:

• Modified graphics to look more like the arcade
• Robots fire diagonally
• Extra life bug corrected
• Startup bug corrected
• Five digitized speech samples from the arcade

I've always liked Berzerk 2600, and was wondering if I should order the new version.  Reading above tells me 'yes!'

Thanks Al!

• Like 2

On 9/21/2023 at 5:17 PM, Ben from Plaion said:

Hello All, My name is Ben Jones and I work for Plaion. I'm responsible for the manufacture and production of the Atari 2600+ and am here to answer any relevant questions on the machine.

First off in response to Thomas, indeed the compatibilty list has not been updated since the announce. I expect it to be updated in about 2 weeks. 

Hi Ben, as for the compatibility list, there haven't been any changes right?
I also wanted to ask you about whether you have tested to what extent ''the 32 in 1'' is compatible, since many people from the PAL region (including me) have this cartridge, can all the games be accessed by turning it off and on the console?
thx.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, T.A.P. said:

Does Circus Convoy work on the 2600+? I can't seem to find the list to check.

I believe I read that Atari should update their compatibility list within 2 weeks, which in my mind means a month. Circus Convoy currently shows untested, but I believe it has been and they are still working with it. It currently does not work on the Game Station Pro; so I'm dubious that Atari will get it working on the 2600+, but you never know. The current list may be found here:
https://docs.google.com/viewer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fcdn.shopify.com%2Fs%2Ffiles%2F1%2F0609%2F3658%2F5381%2Ffiles%2FAtari-2600Plus-Compatibility.pdf