IGNORED

AtariAge + Atari Q&A

Albert

14 minutes ago, roots.genoa said:

To be honest, I don't find headsets or earbuds very comfortable, but I wouldn't like to wear a cap either. 😓 I guess I need a speaker necklace or something. 💡

We wore this when we were young (note in German wear and carry use the same word)

image.png.a5385e4778698d98755a5325e721b34c.png

Edited by 42bs
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, 42bs said:

We wore this when we were young (note in German wear and carry use the same word)

image.png.a5385e4778698d98755a5325e721b34c.png

Yes, reminds me of this scene: 

image.png.e7c4427037f8a29c22d3fedccb9bd1ce.png

Love it they got the same guy in Star Trek Picard for that episode. Yes, the same guy reprising the proverbial 80s punk character. When I see a boom box like that.... the image comes to mind.

image.thumb.png.79c201760da03d1a3eb2148ceaf03825.png

Sorry about not editing the photo. Still perfect 80s. It isn't 80s without the punk. Movie trivia, he actually recorded the punk music clips and it was him.

Edited by Wildstar
  • Like 4
  • Haha 4

16 minutes ago, Wildstar said:

Love it they got the same guy in Star Trek Picard for that episode. Yes, the same guy reprising the proverbial 80s punk character. When I see a boom box like that.... the image comes to mind.

That's very cool, I didn't know that!  Here's a video with those two scenes, as well as a third scene in one of the Spider-Man movies where the same actor once again has a boombox. :D

..Al

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Wildstar said:

Yes, reminds me of this scene: 

image.png.e7c4427037f8a29c22d3fedccb9bd1ce.png

image.thumb.png.79c201760da03d1a3eb2148ceaf03825.png

Sorry about not editing the photo. Still perfect 80s. It isn't 80s without the punk. Movie trivia, he actually recorded the punk music clips and it was him.

This is Kirk Thatcher, and here’s a link to the lyrics of the “song” on the boombox, which he wrote:

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/I_Hate_You

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, bfstats said:

This is Kirk Thatcher, and here’s a link to the lyrics of the “song” on the boombox, which he wrote:

https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/I_Hate_You

Yep. In fact there is also now a variant of the song he did for Star Trek Picard. " I still hate you."

Edited by Wildstar
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

Wow last time I was here was sometime last year when I got back into Retro gaming and was playing Champ Game's Galagon on an emulator and had issues.  I saw Champ Game's post about their games not being published anymore on FB but only jumped on here today to see that Atari Age has been acquired.  That's a bit of a surprise.  I did see that the Atari 2600+ was being released so perhaps it isn't as much of a surprise to other folks.   I myself am a bit of a historian for many things (family / personal history, and other things I'm involved in).  So I do hope Atari Age maintains some of the history.   We call it a legacy and Atari has a ton of it.  Hopefully this history will be shared with the future generations.   Most young kids don't even know what Atari is about.  

Just like I say to people about Apple Inc.  Apple is now known for the iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch and Mac / MacBooks.  But I was using the Apple IIe back in 1983 (as well as the Atart 5200).  I've seen things come and go and in the case of Atart, come back!  So appreciate this revivial while we can.  It may not be forever.  

Also, glad Champ Games seems to have figured out how to self publish their games.  I have a history of playing their old PC adaptions back during college.  One reason I am a supporter of Champ Game's efforts.  

• Like 1

On 9/22/2023 at 5:41 PM, Omegamatrix said:

@Albert congratulations on the sale. Just wondering if the arrangement for AtariAge to provide homebrewers lunch by private jets every second Thursday will still be honored, and if you have been provided with a legit Atari employee number and badge!

Damn.... where's my private jet so I can avoid boring meetings.

On 9/24/2023 at 12:24 PM, Mockduck said:

The funny thing is most people I know who have and use their Speakerhats love it. I do! Didn't think I would really but it has proven super useful, house work, yard work, driving directions from my phone, etc. Sounds decent enough as well and pairs easily to everything I've thrown at it.

On 9/24/2023 at 2:22 PM, jgkspsx said:

I got a speaker hat on the deep clearance sale, largely as a joke, but I genuinely like it too.

Yup- just like the VCS- people love to post cynical negative stuff, puffing up their chests and feeling cool to be so 'witty' just like a kid in grade school- but the reality is they are talking trash about something they have no hands on experience with - and the people that actually own the products like them.

I said it years ago- and stand by it- the speakerhat is very well built, well packaged, and performs it's function with no issues whatsoever. 

If you don't have a desire that function / item / cost- doesn't make it bad.

1 hour ago, PowerDubs said:

Yup- just like the VCS- people love to post cynical negative stuff, puffing up their chests and feeling cool to be so 'witty' just like a kid in grade school- but the reality is they are talking trash about something they have no hands on experience with - and the people that actually own the products like them.

I said it years ago- and stand by it- the speakerhat is very well built, well packaged, and performs it's function with no issues whatsoever. 

You been able to retire yet off that awesome stock purchase you kept pushing?

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, PowerDubs said:

No room for the Mohawk. 

image.png.4c378739bdf1b729e5abd75cd15462aa.png

Keepin' with the boom box!

ps. The jab and humor is not meant as a statement of my personal opinion.

Edited by Wildstar
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, PowerDubs said:

Can you convince Atari to make one of these? It would be really great if the light was the Atari symbol too. I'd totally spend an extra $80-$100 for that. Thanks.

https://a.co/d/5ZTXKWf

Edited by MrBeefy
  • Haha 4

On 9/24/2023 at 10:10 PM, Rodney Hester said:

The next model of SpeakerPants(TM) will have adaptive noise cancelling.

If they also add AI-controlled adaptive voice-channeling to the Atari SpeakerPants(TM), - it’s like ventriloquism 

,but just for pants, - I’m all-in; not ordering like 2 or 3,  but(!) like my wardrobe-dreams will come true and will be made of these in the future…

Atari will than have hooked me for good and their future business and economy will be assured…

They can live on my constant orders alone…

Edited by Giles N
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

40 minutes ago, Giles N said:

If they also add AI-controlled adaptive voice-channeling to the Atari SpeakerPants(TM), - it’s like ventriloquism 

,but just for pants, - I’m all-in; not ordering like 2 or 3,  but(!) like my wardrobe-dreams will come true and will be made of these in the future…

Atari will than have hooked me for good and their future business and economy will be assured…

They can live on my constant orders alone…

How about this instead? The heating elements can be Atari symbols.

ISIKI Heated Pants USB Bluetooth Control 5 Temperature 8 Heating Zones Heated Leggings Winter Warm Trousers for Men and Women https://a.co/d/cWkx8j8

• Haha 5

30 minutes ago, MrBeefy said:

How about this instead? The heating elements can be Atari symbols.

ISIKI Heated Pants USB Bluetooth Control 5 Temperature 8 Heating Zones Heated Leggings Winter Warm Trousers for Men and Women https://a.co/d/cWkx8j8

Given the average age of Atari fans these days, maybe heated clothing isn't such bad idea.

You might even get the Atari logo branded onto your backside if one of the elements shorts out. 🙂

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, Matt_B said:

Given the average age of Atari fans these days, maybe heated clothing isn't such bad idea.

You might even get the Atari logo branded onto your backside if one of the elements shorts out. 🙂

Haha that's true. I don't consider myself that old but I could use a well placed Atari logo on my lower back right now.

1 hour ago, jgkspsx said:

I believe the technical term is “talking out your ass”. Not that we know anything about that around here :D 

Nah that doesn't sound like any of us around here. Well maybe except @Tommy Tallarico, I think Atari should send him a pair. I'd pitch in to make it happen.

• Haha 4