IGNORED

THE BIG CHRISTMAS 2600+ GIVEAWAY COMPETITION!

Ben from Plaion

I would love to see the 2600 Gyruss redone. This version only had the soundtrack, which is awesome btw, and no other sound effects. Gotta love that they were able to include Bach’s masterpiece tho. Maybe with a reissue they could add the laser blasts and explosions. 

• Like 5

On 12/10/2023 at 8:17 AM, Emehr said:

@Ben from Plaion @Emehr @Warboss Gegguz No worries! Honestly I read your post as good-natured ribbing.

@Ben from Plaion @Warboss Gegguz I apologized and @Emehr I think accepted my apology.  

Sorry to disturb you.  I see you guys are busy planning new games.  Now that I have offered my apology, I think there is one last thing that I should do.  To show my sincerity, I should withdraw myself from the contest.  If there are no hard feelings, then perhaps I can participate in the contest next time.  Thanks and sorry about the disturbance that I caused.   

13 minutes ago, Living Room Arcade said:

@Ben from Plaion @Warboss Gegguz I apologized and @Emehr I think accepted my apology.  

Sorry to disturb you.  I see you guys are busy planning new games.  Now that I have offered my apology, I think there is one last thing that I should do.  To show my sincerity, I should withdraw myself from the contest.  If there are no hard feelings, then perhaps I can participate in the contest next time.  Thanks and sorry about the disturbance that I caused.   

LOL, dude, it's cool. You're fine. It's just bants.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, scifidude79 said:

One word: Rampage.

Rampage came out for both the 2600 and the 7800, and on both it's one of those rare carts that go for a lot of money. I know there's some licensing, but it's an IP that gets licensed a lot, so it should be feasible. It also just happens to be one of my favorite games.

I guess you could MAYBE convince WB it would be good publicity for it, since they're apparently planning on making a sequel to that dogshit Rock movie "based" on rampage.

The one where they're just big animals and it takes itself super seriously, as the Rampage games are known to do.

Played the "reboot" game at D&B and the 2600 version is actually closer to Rampage than it is.

... Can you tell I'm bitter about how WB handles its Midway IPs/Titles?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Warboss Gegguz said:

I guess you could MAYBE convince WB it would be good publicity for it, since they're apparently planning on making a sequel to that dogshit Rock movie "based" on rampage.

The one where they're just big animals and it takes itself super seriously, as the Rampage games are known to do.

Played the "reboot" game at D&B and the 2600 version is actually closer to Rampage than it is.

... Can you tell I'm bitter about how WB handles its Midway IPs/Titles?

To be fair, a lot of my earlier thoughts, like a new reissue Centipede 7800 cartridge were already said, along with a lot of other great ideas, so I went for something a little more "out there." Though, I have a Mortal Kombat II Arcade1Up machine with 12 games on it, including Rampage. So, it's not outside of the realm of possibility that they'll do a license. After all, WB probably needs the money.

I never saw that movie starring Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. Once I saw that it was about animals that become big and not mutated scientists, I knew they'd missed the point entirely and I had no interest.

4 hours ago, john_q_atari said:

I would like to see Pitfall III released for the 2600+ with graphics and game play similar to the original Activision 2600 Pitfall II release. 

I would love that. I did not vote on it, just because Pitfall is now owned by Microsoft, so that makes things more difficult to license from.

• Like 1

I caught myself off of work today relaxing with a book of nonograms, and it hit me that THIS would be such a perfect and fun 2600 title.

Many gamers know nonograms best from Nintendo’s use of them in Picross (and other publishers have done the same, such as SNK).

They’re just simple logic puzzles that produce pixel art. Some of the bigger puzzles might be a challenge, but I think the bigger puzzles could be split up into smaller sections that produce one BIG piece of art. I’m no programmer. 🤣 But it’s the kind of simple fun that I could see myself being hooked on the big screen with on a 2600.

Here are some shots from SNK’s Picture Puzzle for the Neo Geo Pocket.

IMG_0720.png

IMG_0719.png

IMG_0721.png

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Jason Lee said:

I caught myself off of work today relaxing with a book of nonograms, and it hit me that THIS would be such a perfect and fun 2600 title.

Many gamers know nonograms best from Nintendo’s use of them in Picross (and other publishers have done the same, such as SNK).

They’re just simple logic puzzles that produce pixel art. Some of the bigger puzzles might be a challenge, but I think the bigger puzzles could be split up into smaller sections that produce one BIG piece of art. I’m no programmer. 🤣 But it’s the kind of simple fun that I could see myself being hooked on the big screen with on a 2600.

Here are some shots from SNK’s Picture Puzzle for the Neo Geo Pocket.

IMG_0720.png

IMG_0719.png

IMG_0721.png

matt leblanc friends GIF

• Haha 1

I think someone already mentioned it, but I'd love to see a 10-in-1 multicart of 7800 games, like the great cart we got with the 2600+. It could include the 7 first party 7800 games from the Atari 50 collection, plus Food Fight, RealSports Baseball and Robotron: 2084. That would be one heck of a multi cart. 😁

Edited by scifidude79
  • Like 5