IGNORED

THE BIG CHRISTMAS 2600+ GIVEAWAY COMPETITION!

Ben from Plaion

An oldie but goodie, and Atari owned:

Gotcha from 1973! (The arcade game with the "interesting" controllers...)

Atari 2600 Color Gotcha WIP - kind of finished:

Arcade Version working:

Make/use/finish a version for the 2600 and make an arcade or recharged version!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Sequels. You’ve got a huge pool of developers in house and potentially by working with the many talented developers here. There’s a few games Atari owns the rights to that could do with a sequel or redo on the 2600:

Star Raiders: This is probably the best regarded title from Atari back in the day and it’s mystifying why we still have nothing. A sequel or maybe just a redo with full functionality would be amazing 

Adventure: It would be great to see an actual sequel that’s not just a hack of the original game, with better graphics and a much larger world

Swordquest: These we’re such a cool idea back in the day and we’re so crappily implemented. How about a contest and new Swordquest games that are actually fun?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SparkleFork said:

There's one other game I'd love to see and that's Ultra Action Guys. A game with rampant dinosaurs, screaming jet fighters, stealthy ninjas, guns blazing action heroes and high end Sports cars - all depicted in a graphical style guaranteed to crush the dreams of a small boy. Let's make it happen.

ltygjzmrjwf31.jpg

"Back in my day, when the game WAS the game...!"

Edited by Warboss Gegguz
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Giles N said:

Why not a 2600 Dark Cavern with way more levels (having more memory on the cart) - each level with other colors and some new robots…?

What about, my friend, - a brand new 7800 version of Dark Cavern - utilizing it’s sprite capacity (roughly 100 sprites on-screen) and lots of caverns, robot voices, blasters, pokey/hokey music and either infinite mode or make-it-through a set number of levels…, - wouldn’t that be something ?

(There could be terminals to stop at and access - they let you choose to buy weapons and items, get level codes… or play a round of Jinks, Pong or a new mini-game called ‘VolFIXKIQSed’…)

^This Right here!

You see,

This is why Giles N needs his own Production Studio!  His own Game Devs,  his own TV Show,   His own newsletter...

Somebody give this guy millions of dollars!   (I'd do it,  but ya can't get blood from a turnip)

Problem is Niles,  that you think like me.  While everyone else is like,  dumb down some games to play on the 2600+,  I say the opposite!  We should embrace any tech that pushes the limits of our 2600s (and 7800s)!  I believe in HOKEYs and POKEYs, ARM+, and DPC, BupChips, Melody boards, and Bankswitching galore!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

This Right here!

You see,

This is why Giles N needs his own Production Studio!  His own Game Devs,  his own TV Show,   His own newsletter...

Somebody give this guy millions of dollars! 

You know, despite trying hard* to be humble and moderate, I actually totally and completely agree with everything you’re suggesting here… your arguments are just too compelling! 

- - -

*’’hard’’ 

Edited by Giles N
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I would love to see the following:

A Superman enhanced version

Star Raiders

Raiders of the Lost Ark

Robotron with dual joystick holder

Pie in the sky

A full version of Gato prototype

7800 version of Imagic Microsurgeon

7800 version of Star Wars Arcade

• Like 2

8 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

^This Right here!

You see,

Somebody give this guy millions of dollars!   (I'd do it,  but ya can't get blood from a turnip)

Problem is Niles,  that you think like me.  While everyone else is like,  dumb down some games to play on the 2600+,  I say the opposite!  We should embrace any tech that pushes the limits of our 2600s (and 7800s)!  I believe in HOKEYs and POKEYs, ARM+, and DPC, BupChips, Melody boards, and Bankswitching galore!

We need 4K 240FPS Pong NOW!

... But in all seriousness part of the reason I pitch stupid/weird ports to the 2600+ is because I know it has more power than the OG 2600.

Mayhaps there'd be some way to get the given games to run better/with extra features on the 2600+ while still being compatible with the original 2600? Sort of like a "New 3DS mode" or "PS4 Pro", but 8-bit. I mean, with my harmony cart and the arms batari made, the 2600+ is able to play games with ram chips just by stella picking up the slack after they've been bankswitched. So clearly it's able to pull more weight than the original.

• Like 2

Ok, a few more if you'll indulge me:

2600 On the marketing front, lean into adding your new PLUS "+" TM to enhanced or supped up games! What about "XP+" :) 

• Enhanced Circus Atari+ (didn't someone already enhance it here on AA? Contract with them and give it the XP treament!)
  • Enhanced Combat+ (1 player) XP treatment
  • Enhanced Gunslinger+ (1 player) XP treatment

• Like 2