IGNORED

THE BIG CHRISTMAS 2600+ GIVEAWAY COMPETITION!

Ben from Plaion

2 hours ago, scifidude79 said:

I think someone already mentioned it, but I'd love to see a 10-in-1 multicart of 7800 games, like the great cart we got with the 2600+. It could include the 7 first party 7800 games from the Atari 50 collection, plus Food Fight, RealSports Baseball and Robotron: 2084. That would be one heck of a multi cart. 😁

If Atari ever does offer Robotron again, I hope they sell it with a dual stick controller.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Thran said:

If Atari ever does offer Robotron again, I hope they sell it with a dual stick controller.

They may not be able to offer Robotron, but they could do something with Black Widow if they wanted to try converting it to 2600/7800. Would save them the cost of licensing/negotiations with WB.

They're essentially the same game (ie minimalist twinsticks), albeit Black Widow is a bit more complex. 

• Like 2

On 12/9/2023 at 5:34 PM, kjames_s_2000 said:

I would like to see an INDY 500 revival.  Something similar to the current paddle inclusive pack, but with a pair of driving controllers and maybe a 4 game dip switch cartridge with the legacy INDY 500 along with new racing games.  I've always enjoyed the ice racing in the legacy game and wished there were more cartridges that utilized the driving controllers.

Indy 500 XE would serve as a pretty good base for an "enhanced" version of Indy 500.  You'd just need to add some of the original tracks back in and re-work the artwork referencing licensed games.

Edited by KainXavier
  • Like 2

Atari 2600 games: HERO (original era) or Stay Frosty or Tower of Rubble (indie)

Atari 7800: T:ME Salvo or Keystone Kapers (indie port)

T:ME Salvo is cool for being a twin stick shooter...

And for bonus points, modern light gun games (could help with that!)

• Like 2

1 hour ago, insertclevernamehere said:

The Jeff Minter compilation got me thinking.  How about 2600 or 7800 versions of some Jeff Minter classics?

Or on the topic of weird hardware-limit sort of software, demakes of recent games.

Like, imagine a version of Polybius or Mooselife running in a similar way to something like Juno First, Star Strike, or Solaris...

• Like 3

Amoeba Jump.

I discovered the world of homebrew games quite recently. In general, they are usually "better" than legacy games, but this particular one is very exceptional.

It is only 4KB of code, but contains a nice title screen, even with music. The character is sweet, the graphics is great, the gameplay is very addictive.

I enjoy video games on Atari 2600, Atari 800XL, NES, Amiga 600, PSX, PS3, PS4, PS5 (even with VR). Amoeba Jump is my favourite game since the last few months, no matter for which platform.

And it runs on Atari 2600+ without any issues. It's a great showpiece for Atari 2600.

(If it's not enough - when you fail, the score is displayed for 21 seconds... I was born on 21 July, my wife was born on 21 March and we got married on 21 November... That makes it a perfect game for us :))

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Dalton said:

Amoeba Jump.

I discovered the world of homebrew games quite recently. In general, they are usually "better" than legacy games, but this particular one is very exceptional.

It is only 4KB of code, but contains a nice title screen, even with music. The character is sweet, the graphics is great, the gameplay is very addictive.

I enjoy video games on Atari 2600, Atari 800XL, NES, Amiga 600, PSX, PS3, PS4, PS5 (even with VR). Amoeba Jump is my favourite game since the last few months, no matter for which platform.

And it runs on Atari 2600+ without any issues. It's a great showpiece for Atari 2600.

(If it's not enough - when you fail, the score is displayed for 21 seconds... I was born on 21 July, my wife was born on 21 March and we got married on 21 November... That makes it a perfect game for us :))

So when people suggest things like this is it because they want the game to reach a wider audience or they want to buy a game they already have with different packaging?  It's not even suggested that Amoeba Jump should be enhanced.  It's perfect as it is so I get that.  But why suggest releasing something that you already have and can still be purchased over a new or enhanced game we haven't yet gotten?  It must be the former reason because the latter is a bit, um, how should I put this without sounding too rude, silly?

Edited by insertclevernamehere
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, insertclevernamehere said:

So when people suggest things like this is it because they want the game to reach a wider audience or they want to buy a game they already have with different packaging?  It's not even suggested that Amoeba Jump should be enhanced.  It's perfect as it is so I get that.  But why suggest releasing something that you already have and can still be purchased over a new or enhanced game we haven't yet gotten?  It must be the former reason because the latter is a bit, um, how should I put this without sounding too rude, silly?

Basically I want not only the game to reach a wider audience, but the whole platform itself. In Poland, where I live, Atari 2600 is virtually unknown. It changed a little bit with 2600+ release. If Amoeba Jump were released by Atari like the recent "Mr Run And Jump" or "Berserk Enhanced" and became available in common retail stores, it would reach more people, who could become new Atari fans. Only a bunch of geeks here heard about AtariAge...

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Dalton said:

Basically I want not only the game to reach a wider audience, but the whole platform itself. In Poland, where I live, Atari 2600 is virtually unknown. It changed a little bit with 2600+ release. If Amoeba Jump were released by Atari like the recent "Mr Run And Jump" or "Berserk Enhanced" and became available in common retail stores, it would reach more people, who could become new Atari fans. Only a bunch of geeks here heard about AtariAge...

Amoeba Jump was very popular with kids at the Portland Retro Gaming Show. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DarthDuke said:

Yes, that would be very nice! I haven't played Combat in years and years because no one wants to play it with me anymore. Like Pong, it is no fun at all by yourself. 

Someone started a Tank AI routine for the 2nd player in Combat YEARS ago...  It actually was coming along quite nicely...

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Dalton said:

Fair enough.  Good to know.  My choices are more selfishly motivated.  All about new stuff I would love to play.

• Like 2