IGNORED

Atari 2600+ Beta Update 1.1

Ben from Plaion

1 hour ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

Weird. Have you tried both paddles? The game not only has the ports swapped but also the paddles themselves. Though, for the official NTSC version, Stella fixes that.

BTW: Do you have a PAL version of the game? The Atarimania collection only contains PAL hacks and pirates.

Tried both paddles.  Not working.

My game is NTSC.

BTW, paddles works fine in the Retron 77 with latest community Stella build in the LEFT port.  Does not work in 2600+ (1.0 or 1.1 beta) in either port.

My 2600 games that were not working, retested!

Working:

Tutankham

Not working:

Moonsweeper PAL - Still the same, it has a weird double screen glitch. It has been mentioned in another thread by another user too. The cart works fine on my woody. 

Pick & Pile PAL - Still the same, after the initial screen I get a super flickery screen. The cart works fine on my woody 

This means that I now only have three games in my collection that don't work. The two 2600 games above and 7800 PAL Karateka. Not bad at all! Thank you. 👍🏻😊

IMG_20231231_225037.jpg

Edited by JetmanUK
Added a video of Pick and a photo of Moon

4 minutes ago, chad5200 said:

Tried both paddles.  Not working.

My game is NTSC.

BTW, paddles works fine in the Retron 77 with latest community Stella build in the LEFT port.  Does not work in 2600+ (1.0 or 1.1 beta) in either port.

No more ideas from me. 

12 minutes ago, JetmanUK said:

Pick & Pile PAL - Still the same, after the initial screen I get a super flickery screen. The cart works fine on my woody 

Pick & Pile does really odd stuff on the initial screen. Maybe that causes a detection problem.

3 hours ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

Conspiracy theories are folklore over there. :) 

I suspect the driver is finding a previous install which was labelled with the other brand cause its a similar chipset. Its a nothing.

We should though be seen as a Atari2600+ rather then a generic rockchip device! But thats for another day.

• Like 2

Two updates on the NTSC testing:

After setting the difficulty switches properly for Crazy Brix the Joystick works and I wasn't able to repeat the crash from toggling game select that happened earlier.

Karateka

It loads and I was able to perform the punches and kicks as well as use both buttons, but it is really sluggish.  I would need to try it on a real 7800 for comparison.  I'll get a unit out tomorrow morning to help with the testing.

17 hours ago, tradyblix said:

which version. there's 2 versions. 2600 and 7800. 

Also guys... you need a 2 button controller to play some 7800 games. Even if before it was "working" because the "main" button was the second button and that was first on 1.0. That's not a bug... 

I tested the 7800 version and the focus of my testing with homebrew and aftermarket games.   

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ben from Plaion said:

here you go

Ben, maybe you could add the update (and instructions) to your first post, as that's where most will check for it and your initial (and this) posting of the update will easily be overlooked within all the thread pages and you'll then continue to get requests for it.

Cheers, and thanks for your and your team's work and commitment to continue optimizing the 2600+ experience.

Edited by r_type2600
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, r_type2600 said:

Ben, maybe you could add the update (and instructions) to your first post, as that's where most will check for it and your initial (and this) posting of the update will easily be overlooked within all the thread pages and you'll then continue to get requests for it.

Cheers, and thanks for your and your team's work and commitment to continue optimizing the 2600+ experience.

Yeah, putting out the @Albert bat signal.

• Like 2