IGNORED

What Atari 2600/7800 game have you been playing the most today?

shane857

On 5/18/2024 at 11:58 AM, MrChickenz said:

FLASH AH-ah SAVIOUR OF THE UNIVERSE! 

FLASH GORDON is what I’m playing today on my ATARI 2600+.

I never owned this game until recently. This is a great game fast paced but fun! Right now I can only make it to the second level. It’s tough! 

This game has a pause feature. COLOR/BW switch.

THE OBJECTIVE: Many dedicated Spacemen have entered Spider City but none has
ever been heard from again.  It is up to you, Flash Gordon, to rescue any
surviving Spacemen and to conquer this hideous city of tunnels.  Spider City
is conquered when all of its Hatching Pods are eliminated.  It doesn't hurt
to blast a few Generators or enemy Patrol Ships while you're there.

https://www.atariage.com/manual_html_page.php?SystemID=2600&SoftwareID=1023&itemTypeID=HTMLMANUAL

IMG_0513.jpeg

IMG_0518.jpeg

Another one I saw recently and passed on.  Good price too.  I went to these two killer shops in Long Island, NY this weekend.  It was like a museum of Atari games and peripherals that you could buy.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Bitsized said:

Another one I saw recently and passed on.  Good price too.  I went to these two killer shops in Long Island, NY this weekend.  It was like a museum of Atari games and peripherals that you could buy.

Sounds awesome! I could spend all day in a place like that. If you ever come across this one again I recommend picking it up. It’s not easy, fast paced but keeps you coming back for more! Lot of fun!

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, Alex_813 said:

I just got this game last week. I'll give it a play tonight.

Good Luck! Just when you think your getting better your reflexes go right for that blurrping purple pickle Lol! If you make it to 1,000 post it!

Edited by MrChickenz
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, ChopperCommando said:

I recently went to my local retrogaming store and bought the 2600 versions of Pole Position (with manual) and Donkey Kong for a total of $10.  I had only ever played Pole Position II back in the day on the 7800, but the 2600 version is pretty good.  I know Donkey Kong gets crapped on a lot but it's still pretty fun.... just gets boring kind of quickly, and going up and down the ladders is a little finicky.

2 great games! I had Donkey Kong in my collection for years and never played it. I preferred playing on my Colecovision. Just recently a YouTuber had a contest for Donkey Kong for the Atari 2600.  I didn’t win but it made me realize the game wasn’t bad at all. Now I have no problem playing it. And that Contest made me revisit other Atari 2600 games that I thought weren’t worth playing. Turns out if you take the time to try a game and view the manual they are just as fun as any 2600 game.

I believe there is a hack rom with the lost levels added in.

Great price by the way! Only on the Atari 2600 can you get hours of entertainment for $10!

HAVE YOU PLAYED ATARI TODAY!

Edited by MrChickenz
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, MrChickenz said:

Good Luck! Just when you think your getting better your reflexes go right for that blurrping purple pickle Lol! If you make it to 1,000 post it!

This game is pretty nuts 🍆

20240521_224912.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Tonight I have been playing Laser Blast,just got this and finding it quite relaxing to play.

The more I play these simple games the more I can appreciate their quick,pick up and play quality.I used to love playing the table top games such as Astro Wars and Game and Watch games and find the Atari 2600 very similar.B680F012-91B3-48B3-8E12-0733F49267ED.thumb.jpeg.9091eb0f67854eee30f8ddae0725ceca.jpeg

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Microjak said:

Tonight I have been playing Laser Blast,just got this and finding it quite relaxing to play.

The more I play these simple games the more I can appreciate their quick,pick up and play quality.I used to love playing the table top games such as Astro Wars and Game and Watch games and find the Atari 2600 very similar.B680F012-91B3-48B3-8E12-0733F49267ED.thumb.jpeg.9091eb0f67854eee30f8ddae0725ceca.jpeg

With a Hobgoblin too! 🤟🏻

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
54 minutes ago, Microjak said:

Nice! Cheers Mate!

HAVE YOU PLAYED ATARI TODAY!  OH YEAH!

Edited by MrChickenz
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Gabe said:

I'd never even heard of it, but it looks like a lot of fun. I'm going to have to try it later tonight! 

That’s the best thing about Atari 2600. I’m still finding games I never heard of or never had back in the day.

• Like 3

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, MrChickenz said:

HAVE YOU PLAYED ATARI TODAY!

Today’s pick of the day is PITFALL II! That’s right you heard me PITFALL II on the ATARI 2600+!

The new firmware update and dumper are out!

IMG_0552.jpeg

IMG_0553.png

IMG_0554.gif

The same here in Germany 😊

Pitfall 2

What a great day 👏🙏🥳

IMG_0818.jpeg

IMG_0815.jpeg

Edited by 2LTIME6100
  • Like 3

Posted (edited)
17 hours ago, shane857 said:

Does this game have an ending? And also, how the fcuk do you get the ring shaped treasure?

The game will end when

Spoiler

you make it back to the shivering cat.  [Hint: Be sure to explore a bit further before you end the game. ]

To get the ring

Spoiler

requires a *leap* of faith

.  Trying not to completely spoil it as half the fun is figuring it out. 

Edited by astroguy
typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Lot of 2600 Ms Pac man, 7800 Ms Pac man, 2600 Space Invaders, 7800 Space Invaders, 2600 Jr Pac Man, 7800 Jr Pac Man, those are my go tos lately

A little 2600 Gyruss is really enjoyable too, along with Galaga, Galaxian, Demon Attack (greatest 2600 gameplay ever). Asteroids Deluxe in the original secret mode (gotta have that triangular asteroids ship...) 

Stargate, Robotron, the games that still have great gameplay are the ones that get played the most

• Like 3

On 5/22/2024 at 9:53 PM, Microjak said:

I quite enjoy Laser Blast. Kind of game you can play for 20-30 mins, then becomes a bit repetitive. The difficulty curve is spot on thou.

I find it's easier to shoot directly down at enemies rather than diagonally.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, astroguy said:

The game will end when

Reveal hidden contents

you make it back to the shivering cat.  [Hint: Be sure to explore a bit further before you end the game. ]

To get the ring

Reveal hidden contents

requires a *leap* of faith

.  Trying not to completely spoil it as half the fun is figuring it out. 

Finally beat Pitfall 2 with 100% treasure collected. Now just got to improve my score!

DSC_0007.JPG

DSC_0008.JPG

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 5/22/2024 at 4:53 PM, Microjak said:

CHEERS!

Don’t try this at home boys and girls!

I’m sitting outside today having an Ice Cold Frosted Mug while Driving Enduro Style! Playing on my Atari 2600+ running off a battery pack! 
The battery pack is powering a portable monitor, Atari 2600+ and the Frosted Mug is powering me! 🤣😆😁

I’m good for at least 10 hours! Lol!

IMG_0594.jpeg

IMG_0597.jpeg

• Like 6

8 minutes ago, MrChickenz said:

CHEERS!

I’m sitting outside today having an Ice Cold Frosted Mug while Driving Enduro Style! Playing on my Atari 2600+ running off a battery pack! 
The battery pack is powering a portable monitor, Atari 2600+ and the Frosted Mug is powering me! 🤣😆😁

IMG_0594.jpeg

IMG_0597.jpeg

Love it!

This is my favorite post of the day!  Could also go here...

So what kind of beer are you drinking?  (Just curious)   My friend is coming up today from Denver,  a couple of hours away..After a few things we'll be hitting the microbreweries this afternoon...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MrChickenz said:

CHEERS!

IMG_0594.jpeg

IMG_0597.jpeg

🍻cheers brilliant set up 👍😀

• Like 1